Give Chiarelli a chance

UncleEugene

Sep 26, 2018
Good Evening,

I noticed that Chiarelli isn't given enough credit on these boards. I admit he didn't succeed in Edmonton. But what he accomplished in Boston is still notable.

Drafting Pastrnak
Drafting Marchand
Signing Chara
Trading Kessel to Toronto
2011 Stanley Cup
2013 Finals

Do I want him to be the GM of my favorite team? Probably not. Not right now.

But I think some team will hire him in the future

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I give him a Dorion A for Effort. In other words fire him and find someone more patient.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Good Evening,

I noticed that Chiarelli isn't given enough credit on these boards. I admit he didn't succeed in Edmonton. But what he accomplished in Boston is still notable.

Drafting Pastrnak
Drafting Marchand
Signing Chara

2011 Stanley Cup
2013 Finals

Jeff Gorton was in charge for the bolded moves, as well as the Raycroft for Tuuka trade, and signing Marc Savard

Jeff Gorton became the interim general manager for the Boston Bruins on March 25, 2006. The young executive made some great trades as an interim general manager. He traded goaltender Andrew Raycroft to the Toronto Maple Leafs for goaltender Tuukka Rask, and on July 1st, signed Zdeno Charaand Marc Savard as free agents. On top of that, Gorton ran the 2006 draft which produced Phil Kessel, Milan Lucic, and Brad Marchand. Zdeno Chara would go on to win the Norris trophy as the best NHL defenseman in 2009, and Tuukka Rask would win the Vezina trophy for the best NHL goaltender in the 2014 season. On July 15, 2006, Peter Chiarelli was hired as general manager and about a year later (June 27, 2007), Jeff Gorton was relieved of his duties. He was picked up by the Rangers as a pro-scout.

source: Jeff Gorton appears to be executing the same plan that turned Boston around - FOREVER BLUESHIRTS

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
If you want to hand out NTCs/NMCs like crazy and trade youth away.....give him a chance.
As we Bruins fans credit him for winning in '11, we loathe his systematic club destruction.
Good thing we dumped him while it started.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I agree wholeheartedly!

This is directed to any Central Division team aside form the Avalanche.

I absolutely concur! The OP is on to something here. Winnipeg...would you like a new GM? Are you a little sick and tired of having bums like Scheifele, Laine, and Connor? Or maybe Dallas, so Chiarelli can trade Seguin again? Maybe dump that soft Finn rookie defensman they have running around?

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Good Evening,

Drafting Pastrnak
Drafting Marchand
Signing Chara
2011 Stanley Cup
2013 Finals

Are you related or in line for some inheritance?

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Lol ok seguin trade and all of Edmonton was a mistake. Cool he won a championship so did Carlyle

DakrSnooze

Aug 27, 2011
Whitehorse
Maybe he finds work in the league again at some point, but he will never have a GM or POHO position again. And rightfully so.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I actually hope he gets another job soon.

I'm curious how much of this dumpster fire is on him or the Old Boys Club.

He’s certainly being thrust forward as a lone wolf that was making 100% of the hockey decisions. I don’t trust Nicholson as far as I can throw him.

If it’s true that Chiarelli did everything alone, Nicholson completely dropped the ball when he let all the stupidity happen and should be fired. If it’s not true, then not only is Nicholson a liar then he was likely a sizeable part of all the bad signings and stupid trades, and therefore should be fired.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He’s certainly being thrust forward as a lone wolf that was making 100% of the hockey decisions. I don’t trust Nicholson as far as I can throw him.

If it’s true that Chiarelli did everything alone, Nicholson completely dropped the ball when he let all the stupidity happen and should be fired. If it’s not true, then not only is Nicholson a liar then he was likely a sizeable part of all the bad signings and stupid trades, and therefore should be fired.

That's what makes it so interesting. You know that likely nothing we've been told about Chia is true if it puts the Old Boys in a bad light. Remember how they proudly claimed the Koskinen contract was a group effort, but then after the fan reaction was the opposite of what they expected, they tried to backtrack on it at the STH meeting and said all the moves prior to the firing were all Chia?

Makes you wonder if he actually shut himself away from everyone else(and could you blame him if he did? haha) or are they just trying to put all the blame on him?

I really hope he miraculously gets a GM position next season so we can compare the teams.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That's what makes it so interesting. You know that likely nothing we've been told about Chia is true if it puts the Old Boys in a bad light. Remember how they proudly claimed the Koskinen contract was a group effort, but then after the fan reaction was the opposite of what they expected, they tried to backtrack on it at the STH meeting and said all the moves prior to the firing were all Chia?

Makes you wonder if he actually shut himself away from everyone else(and could you blame him if he did? haha) or are they just trying to put all the blame on him?

I really hope he miraculously gets a GM position next season so we can compare the teams.

“Koskinen was a group decision we made it together” - Nicholson when Koskinen went on a hot streak after he signed his extension

“Everything before Chiarelli’s removal was Chiarelli acting alone” - during STH meetings when Koskinen had spent three weeks ice cold.

Hilarious. No accountability and rampant lies and half truths.

I wonder if he felt the people around him (Green MacT Howson and the rest of the sycophants Katz won’t allow anyone to turf) were giving him terrible advice on the Reinhart/Hall/Eberle deals so he refused to listen to them. Unfortunately, he then went out and made a series of truly bafflingly terrible moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad