Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
giphy.gif

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Having C depth is way better than W depth.

Plus, having Couts on another line will help jumpstart other guys like Jake or Lindblom since everyone plays better with him. Oh, and Couts can go against top lines meaning that frees G and Patrick up from harder matchups. Personally, I would like to see:

JVR Giroux Konecny
Weal Couts Voracek
Lindblom Patrick Simmonds
Weise Laughton Raffl

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Having C depth is way better than W depth.

Plus, having Couts on another line will help jumpstart other guys like Jake or Lindblom since everyone plays better with him. Oh, and Couts can go against top lines meaning that frees G and Patrick up from harder matchups. Personally, I would like to see:

JVR Giroux Konecny
Weal Couts Voracek
Lindblom Patrick Simmonds
Weise Laughton Raffl
that left wing is shit...
and you should know by now that Patrick does not play well with Simmonds...
Our only hope is... if Simmonds clicks with Couturier because Patrick with Simmonds and the whole line will be MIA.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The problem with Giroux at center is he'll take more wear and tear, you have to balance the value of center depth v his health.
You might do it temporarily, especially if you think you're going to trade for a 3C or Vorobyev might be ready in the spring.
But next year you want to put Frost at center and G back at LW.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
If Wing extends Giroux's Quality Seasons... and/or Career, I'd rather he returns to Wing and only play Center at selected occasions -- such as injury, Roster Sparking... and/or possibly PostSeason -- and I'd like to see that also with his PK Time.

I believe the Buffalo Game was most likely a temporary bump, and the negative aspects of playing Center on his body would take its toll down the line... And having him as an ace in the hole is a benefit.

So... no thank you... I'll pass on the idea.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Ive been on this train for a while. I proposed todays top line months ago.

You can always reunite coots n g for the right match up too. Or atleast a good coach would.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If Wing extends Giroux's Quality Seasons... and/or Career, I'd rather he returns to Wing and only play Center at selected occasions -- such as injury, Roster Sparking... and/or possibly PostSeason -- and I'd like to see that also with his PK Time.

I believe the Buffalo Game was most likely a temporary bump, and the negative aspects of playing Center on his body would take its toll down the line... And having him as an ace in the hole is a benefit.

So... no thank you... I'll pass on the idea.

if he plays wing , i can live with it. He just needs to be centered by a guy who is more talented in the ozone than coots.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You mean the center who had 62 ES points last year, more than say Tavares has ever had?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The thing is though he does very well with Coots... based on his fantastic last Season with Career Point Totals, as well as his first Quarter of this Season.

Claude giroux is not fantastic because of Sean Couturier. Giroux is healthy and physically playing at a level we have not seen him before. Today he was paired with two of our most talented wingers and it was the best we have looked all year, and it was giroux's most dominate game of the season.

It was said on the braodcast today that giroux has chemistry with everyone. Look how many players have played their best hockey when they played giroux. hartnell, raffl, voracek, coots , tk.

If couturier is the talented number 1 center that we need him to be then he will be able to elevate the likes of voracek and other wingers on his line, making us even better.

Reactions: Johnk0728

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Claude giroux is not fantastic because of Sean Couturier. Giroux is healthy and physically playing at a level we have not seen him before. Today he was paired with two of our most talented wingers and it was the best we have looked all year, and it was giroux's most dominate game of the season.

It was said on the braodcast today that giroux has chemistry with everyone. Look how many players have played their best hockey when they played giroux. hartnell, raffl, voracek, coots , tk.

If couturier is the talented number 1 center that we need him to be then he will be able to elevate the likes of voracek and other wingers on his line, making us even better.

It has been noted often here that Coots makes his wingers better also.

Thing is though that this one Game is an extremely small albeit successful Sample Size... Keep in mind that lines are shuffled during the Season and with Giroux Hak does have greater flexibility with G as a Wing who can be spotted at Center as required... while saving wear and tear at Wing mostly... as well as the Defensive benefits of Coots at Center with Giroux as his winger.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing on this... with either way.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It has been noted often here that Coots makes his wingers better also.

Thing is though that this one Game is an extremely small albeit successful Sample Size... Keep in mind that lines are shuffled during the Season and with Giroux Hak does have greater flexibility with G as a Wing who can be spotted at Center as required... while saving wear and tear at Wing mostly... as well as the Defensive benefits of Coots at Center with Giroux as his winger.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing on this... with either way.

I think Couturier is the ultimate center for talented offensive wingers that struggle in their own end. Coots would be that perfect center for Ovi, Yakupov, and gaudreau.. Coots makes his wingers better in a lot of ways..

Reactions: Sawdalite

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
both contributed to the success. Giroux is going to be able to produce regardless of who he plays with. You can't say that about couturier.

Coots did have his Career Points Season with G as his Wing... but G had his Career Points Season at Wing with Coots centering... And it was a bounceback one that dwarfed his best prior ones.

I'd say that Giroux can be better on his own... but IMO Coots ups his wingers Games more than G does from Center... although he is certainly no slouch. Giroux definitely has the greater upside in any given Season

I believe that both help each other and have great chemistry... and together their individual Totals are greater than devided.

But I still say that G making Coots better or Coots making G irox better is a situation of which came first, the Chicken or the Egg -- the egg from the chicken and the chicken from the Egg -- situation... There is no answer.

I suppose though Coots benefits more than G does from the matching... but G certainly reaches greater levels with Coots centering him.

This is a great problem to have, eh? Haha

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Coots did have his Career Points Season with G as his Wing... but G had his Career Points Season at Wing with Coots centering... And it was a bounceback one that dwarfed his beast prior ones.

I'd say that Giroux can be better on his own... but IMO Coots ups his wingers Games more than G does from Center... although he is certainly no slouch. Giroux definitely has the greater upside in any given Season

I believe that both help each other and have great chemistry... and together their individual Totals are greater than devided.

But I still say that G making Coots better or Coots making G irox better is a situation of which came first, the Chicken or the Egg -- the egg from the chicken and the chicken from the Egg -- situation... There is no answer.

I suppose though Coots benefits more than G does from the matching... but G certainly reaches greater levels with Coots centering him.

This is a great problem to have, eh? Haha

Giroux's corsi stayed relatively the same last year in line with career marks. But his xgf was at an all time high. You can probably attribute that to tk and pdo. THis year he is on a higher pace with less impressive fancy stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad