Injury Report: Giroux and Gostisbehere surgeries on May 17 (info in post #1)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Great. So now "he never shows up in big games" changes to "he is always hurt" (since he didnt play in grand total of 9 - NINE - games since the 09/10 season (included).

I am looking forward to the day when someone says G is not the issue, nor AN issue.

He's no Randy Jones; that's the problem.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is only going to deepen the already strong chemistry between Ghost and Giroux - joined at the hip (surgery) :laugh:

It will be interesting to see if there is anything more coming out about Jake.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I'm surprised that both operations will be done on he same day with the same people operating... I'd have guessed that they would be more time consuming. I suppose they decided to make a 'Assembly Line' production... are there other patients involved also? ;)

OR time is precious. Surgeons typically have one day per week to do planned procedures so they do as many as they can do safely on those days. Then they will be available for emergency procedures another day. The other three days they do follow ups, consults for new pts in their clinics and teaching. Doing operations is very gruelling physically - you have to be 100% sharp because you don't get to have bad days...

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Ghost looked so hurt that first shift of the playoffs where Justin Williams dumped it on his side then just blew past him.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
This is only going to deepen the already strong chemistry between Ghost and Giroux - joined at the hip (surgery) :laugh:

It will be interesting to see if there is anything more coming out about Jake.

I don't think he is going to need surgery. I think he came back to early or reaggravated the injury he was out for.
He obviously wasn't right for awhile and was just gutting it out. because well there really were not many other options.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Giroux's was from the mid season point while Gostisbehere's was late in the season according to Hextall.

Voracek's injury wasn't healed by the playoffs so he was playing hurt too according to Hextall.

WIP was saying this is standard surgery now for hockey players, and that some even have it proactively.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
small is good if you fast amazing speed. G is good but he is always hurt. Ghost two injuries in his first two years isn't good either but on to next year.

My recollection is that WIP said Gostisbehere is more anticipatory than repair. I don't think he was that injured in the Caps series - he looked terrified early on but then played well in the last four games.

But yeah he is undersized and will need to avoid the big hits if he is to have a long career.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
My recollection is that WIP said Gostisbehere is more anticipatory than repair. I don't think he was that injured in the Caps series - he looked terrified early on but then played well in the last four games.

But yeah he is undersized and will need to avoid the big hits if he is to have a long career.

All the smaller D that offenses run through, Karlsson , Letang, Keith get targeted and probably have since junior. It will help if he's paired with someone like Morin who will let it be known pretty quickly that if you run Ghost it will be knuckles for lunch. Ghost is going to be targeted, kind of a compliment.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
All the smaller D that offenses run through, Karlsson , Letang, Keith get targeted and probably have since junior. It will help if he's paired with someone like Morin who will let it be known pretty quickly that if you run Ghost it will be knuckles for lunch. Ghost is going to be targeted, kind of a compliment.

True, it's a compliment. You're right, Flyers need to pair him with someone capable of exacting a pound of flesh to those who make runs.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
I think Morin would be the best partner for this. Has the mobility, size and the snarl to do so.

That would be kind of neat.

Of course, Gostisbehere could do himself a favor by high sticking someone to the tune of 2-4 games early next season. Maybe Wilson. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad