Giroux + 2nd and 7th round for Datsyuk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Tyson*

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to trade Giroux + 2nd and 7th round for Datsyuk? Considering that the Flyers have a group of young and up and coming superstars in the likes of B. Schenn, J. Voracek, and S. Couturier (I might be missing some, since you guys have an abundance of future elite players, so i apologize in advance). Datsyuk would be the perfect addition to the flyers, he could more than instantly replace giroux and he has about 5 more great year left in him. And most importantly, he could bolster the team's defense, which this team greatly lack from a top six foward. I know S. Couturier is great defensively for his age, but he's no where near datsyuk's level in terms of shutting down the other teams top players while providing elite offense at the same time. So my question is, would it make perfect sense from a Flyers point of view to acquire someone like Datsyuk and make the push for the Stanley Cup now, or do the Flyers wait another 4 years or so until their prospects develop?

Mike Tyson*

No. This is one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen. And that's saying something.

For the love of god, mods, please shut this down before it gets ugly.

Dude, I took some time and consideration into this. Don't go around asking for it to get shut down. At least give it some time to see how other people feel about it. I like Giroux as much as any of the flyers fan, that's why I want him on the Wings. If it's Blasphemy to inquire about a trade for Giroux, then please make a "post it" about it and warn future posters about it.

What if the Wings threw in say a future consideration in addition to Datsyuk, would that increase the chance of this trade happening?

Mike Tyson*

Giroux won't be Datsyuk's age for another decade. I don't get it. Datsyuk is a gem. Probably the 3rd best center in the league. Just enoy him while you've got em.

Well, I just thought it would make sense for both teams. I was thinking along the line of if the Wings (my 1st favorite team) could land giroux, then their future would be safe and secure. And if the Flyers (my 2nd favorite team) could land datsyuk, then they have a better chance of winning the cup now and still have something left for the future in terms of future superstars in Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds, and Couturier. From a fan of both teams point of view, it looks like a win/win situation for me.

P.S. Since most flyers fan doesn't give a rats ass about the wings, I guess you guys wouldn't share the same sentiments as I do.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
Well, I just thought it would make sense for both teams. I was thinking along the line of if the Wings (my 1st favorite team) could land giroux, then their future would be safe and secure. And if the Flyers (my 2nd favorite team) could land datsyuk, then they have a better chance of winning the cup now and still have something left for the future in terms of future superstars in Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds, and Couturier. From a fan of both teams point of view, it looks like a win/win situation for me.

P.S. Since most flyers fan doesn't give a rats ass about the wings, I guess you guys wouldn't share the same sentiments as I do.

The upgrade from Giroux to Datsyuk (I do think it's an upgrade) isn't large enough to offset the years of extra service we could get from Giroux. He's also our homegrown C and kind of a boss. As much as I appreciate Datsyuk (the man is a bad ass), I don't think I could make the trade unless so much other value came with Datsyuk that we were all but guarunteed to win a cup in the next four years (the presumeable length of Datsyuk's remaining career).

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

:laugh:

Just stop.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Alright guys, I guess I am going to head to bed since some dude by the name of "Krishna" threatened me with an infraction because of my "posting style" whatever that means. I've been a fan of the Flyers since 91, and was ecstatic when the flyers traded for lindros in 92. I guess hfboard is not meant for a blunt but playing within the rule type of guy like me. Got an warning within less than 24 hours of registering to be a member. I did ask "Krishna" what he meant by "Hoss, chill out with the way you are currently posting. You are skirting the line of receiving an infraction. If you keep at this pace, you may end up banned." but he never replied to me. Just in case I can't get back in here tommorow, I just want to say GO FLYERS since 91.

:biglaugh:

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to trade Giroux + 2nd and 7th round for Datsyuk? Considering that the Flyers have a group of young and up and coming superstars in the likes of B. Schenn, J. Voracek, and S. Couturier (I might be missing some, since you guys have an abundance of future elite players, so i apologize in advance). Datsyuk would be the perfect addition to the flyers, he could more than instantly replace giroux and he has about 5 more great year left in him. And most importantly, he could bolster the team's defense, which this team greatly lack from a top six foward. I know S. Couturier is great defensively for his age, but he's no where near datsyuk's level in terms of shutting down the other teams top players while providing elite offense at the same time. So my question is, would it make perfect sense from a Flyers point of view to acquire someone like Datsyuk and make the push for the Stanley Cup now, or do the Flyers wait another 4 years or so until their prospects develop?

What?
Trade the best player on the team for the best player on another team who are both in the top 10 forwards in the league. The age difference alone makes this deal senseless. No way Detroit will deal the current face of the franchise either.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
maybe... if we could get a time machine and bring back the 24 year old Datsyuk. Other than that happening, hell no.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Alright guys, I guess I am going to head to bed since some dude by the name of "Krishna" threatened me with an infraction because of my "posting style" whatever that means. I've been a fan of the Flyers since 91, and was ecstatic when the flyers traded for lindros in 92. I guess hfboard is not meant for a blunt but playing within the rule type of guy like me. Got a warning within less than 24 hours of registering to be a member. I did ask "Krishna" what he meant by "Hoss, chill out with the way you are currently posting. You are skirting the line of receiving an infraction. If you keep at this pace, you may end up banned." but he never replied to me. Just in case I can't get back in here tommorow, I just want to say GO FLYERS!!! since 91.

'blunt' describes the acuity of your comments perfectly.

It's OK to be controversial, but that is the stupidest trade proposal ever, and deserves the scorn with which it has been received.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
'blunt' describes the acuity of your comments perfectly.

It's OK to be controversial, but that is the stupidest trade proposal ever, and deserves the scorn with which it has been received.

Yes. God, it is an awful idea. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad