Girdles?

doobie604

Jan 19, 2007
ofcourse you can get by but if it's a league then you might be forced to spend 30bux and get hockey pants. like all equipment, you don't really need it till you actually get hit there.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Depends on the girdle and the league. How protective is the girdle? How physical and fast paced is the league? If it's just a friendly beer league and you don't fall down a lot then I'm sure any girdle is fine.

doobie604

Jan 19, 2007
My very first hockey game ever I got a puck right on the inner thigh :(

thats pretty bad luck, but i don't think there's much protection on the inner thigh anyways. played without a jock for a year, always had the glove infront of my junk when shots came but was lucky enough to never get hit there. :laugh:

Thepandamancan

Jun 6, 2010
It'll protect you from falls and bumps, but even the most expensive, highest model inline girdle you buy will most likely not protect you from a mid to hard slap shot with an ice puck to the thigh area.

05flynt

Jun 2, 2008
It'll protect you from falls and bumps, but even the most expensive, highest model inline girdle you buy will most likely not protect you from a mid to hard slap shot with an ice puck to the thigh area.

Pretty much spot on, i used my inline girdle in ice for 1 game, took a slap shot to the thigh, now i will never use it in ice again lol.

Hobgoblin Steve

Bacon of Light
Feb 5, 2009
Bay Ridge
thats pretty bad luck, but i don't think there's much protection on the inner thigh anyways. played without a jock for a year, always had the glove infront of my junk when shots came but was lucky enough to never get hit there. :laugh:

I still do this. Pick up games (and some league games) I dont cup it at all. Reason being is that my cup is attached to my inline girdle (go figure), and outdoor games in the summer =way to hot to wear that. I dont block shots to begin with, but always glove in front of the testicular area if any kind of shot is coming through.

stupid? probably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad