Injury Report: Girardi out 1-2 weeks.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Listening to Pierre on 690 tsn he said he knows for a fact Girardi is really hurt and it's possible smith would get first pairing time with 27

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Listening to Pierre on 690 tsn he said he knows for a fact Girardi is really hurt and it's possible smith would get first pairing time with 27

We can only hope so. Of course, Girardi would have to be hurt badly for this coaching staff to pry him away from McDonagh.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Girardi from the London Knights? Coached by Dale Hunter?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If the past is any indication, he'll be 50% recovered by the time the playoffs start and in the starting lineup. What a warrior.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

We can only hope so. Of course, Girardi would have to be hurt badly for this coaching staff to pry him away from McDonagh.

Might as well. I hope his wound doesn't become infected and lead to bigger issues.

It might already be infected... Ice Skates aren't exactly a clean area. Was watching an episode of Greys Anatomy the other day (yes i know it's fake but the science is pretty realistic), Hockey player comes in with a broken finger, he cuts the finger off and goes to play, after wearing his glove for an entire game he comes back to the hospital and he's diagnosed with a staph infection, and eventually loses most of the function in his hand.

On top of this, remember that Girardi has not only had surgery on his ankles, but his knees have also caused him problems. There could very well be a permanent issue with Girardi's lower body that's going to prevent him from playing professionally for a long time... Could LTIR finally be a possibility?

Could someone tell me/show me the transcript from the Pierre segment about Girardi being hurt?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It might already be infected... Ice Skates aren't exactly a clean area. Was watching an episode of Greys Anatomy the other day (yes i know it's fake but the science is pretty realistic), Hockey player comes in with a broken finger, he cuts the finger off and goes to play, after wearing his glove for an entire game he comes back to the hospital and he's diagnosed with a staph infection, and eventually loses most of the function in his hand.

On top of this, remember that Girardi has not only had surgery on his ankles, but his knees have also caused him problems. There could very well be a permanent issue with Girardi's lower body that's going to prevent him from playing professionally for a long time... Could LTIR finally be a possibility?

Could someone tell me/show me the transcript from the Pierre segment about Girardi being hurt?

i heard it on way home from work on tsn 690 Montreal . he's on daily at 5pm and they were discussing the smith deal and Pierre said that it was necessary because they need to rest Girardi saying that he knows Girardi is really really hurt

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Knowing Girardi, if he's out for 1-2 weeks, that means he has an injury that would sideline most players for a month.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The detriment that Girardi brings to this team was pretty apparent in the Capitals game when Rangers overall defensive game was about the same or worse than when he is in the line up.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Girardi from the London Knights? Coached by Dale Hunter?

played there with former teammates Brandon Prust and Ryan Callahan. the very same Dan Girardi. :shakehead :laugh:

really, though, the fact that he hasn't been sitting out every game since he got hurt is absolutely ridiculous and all fingers should point at AV. there's no valid reason. just screwing us up more.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
That man could get his foot amputated and still be back out on the ice for 15 mins a game before the season ends.
His game probably wouldn't decline either, his speed would be the same. And AV would play him 20 minutes, not 15.
The detriment that Girardi brings to this team was pretty apparent in the Capitals game when Rangers overall defensive game was about the same or worse than when he is in the line up.
Washington is one of the few teams Girardi and Staal usually plays solid against. They're not that fast and try to go through opponents instead of around them (Ovechkin).

They're horrendeus vs fast teams though.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Could we have actually seen his last game with the Rangers? I certainly don't wish him long term bad health.....but you just never know......heal quickly you warrior. Rest up and kick some ass when return.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Could we have actually seen his last game with the Rangers?

I sure god damn hope so.

Washington is one of the few teams Girardi and Staal usually plays solid against. They're not that fast and try to go through opponents instead of around them (Ovechkin).

They're horrendeus vs fast teams though.

Girardi and Staal haven't been good against Washington since like 2012

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
2 years in a row where AV insisted on playing an injured Girardi instead of a healthy alternative who is at least as effective.

Girardi started the year decently when fresh and just wound down as the season progressed. If used judiciously he is at least serviceable but AV insists on playing him to the point where he is ineffective. Clendening appears to be no worse than Girardi but AV couldn't bring himself to sit/rest Girardi every 3rd or 4th game which clearly would have benefited him.

This injury is the best thing for Girardi and the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->