Injury Report: Girardi out 1-2 weeks.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Clendening is 16gp away from meeting 40/70 requirement. Doesn't really matter for NYR, who, hopefully, will be asking (read: forcing) Girardi to waive his NMC for expansion anyway.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Apparently that wound on his ankle isn't healing properly.

That man could get his foot amputated and still be back out on the ice for 15 mins a game before the season ends.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Clendening is 16gp away from meeting 40/70 requirement. Doesn't really matter for NYR, who, hopefully, will be asking (read: forcing) Girardi to waive his NMC for expansion anyway.

I think it still gives them another option. maybe they buyout G, then can choose who to expose between Klein, Holden, Clendening

In my opinion the right thing to do asset wise would have been, play #4 in the 40 games already so they could have moved Klein right now, and still had the choice between Holden and Clendening on who to expose.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Hope he heals up in time for April. I know a lot of people don't want him on the ice period, but there shouldn't be any disagreement that a healthy Girardi is a better option than an injured Girardi on the ice.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Again, trying to be positive. Maybe a rested Girardi has a bit more in the gas in the playoffs. Look, he and Staal's terms are handcuffiing us, no doubt. I am just curious how this affects the next 30 hours.

He had an entire off-season to "refill the tank". He's done.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Again, trying to be positive. Maybe a rested Girardi has a bit more in the gas in the playoffs. Look, he and Staal's terms are handcuffiing us, no doubt. I am just curious how this affects the next 30 hours.

More rest can't hurt. I think it may expedite a Smith trade, or maybe a trade for a similar D. But I don't think Gorton will get desperate...the price paid for Shattenkirk is something that I think we would have paid in previous seasons. If Gorton not making that trade is any indication of his immediate plans, I think we'll be staying the course at the deadline, for the most part.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I think it still gives them another option. maybe they buyout G, then can choose who to expose between Klein, Holden, Clendening

In my opinion the right thing to do asset wise would have been, play #4 in the 40 games already so they could have moved Klein right now, and still had the choice between Holden and Clendening on who to expose.

100% agree, they need to get him to the 40 GP without a doubt.

He's going to get a run of games here with the injuries which will bring him even closer, no reason why they shouldn't get him to 40.

Ignoring the fact that he's one of our best 6 defenseman anyway and should be playing every night.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I would never wish an injury on a Ranger player, especially for someone like Girardi who has been a warrior for this franchise but this is truly a blessing in disguise and hopefully the other night was the last time he put on a Ranger jersey.

Even old Yeller had to be put down

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
100% agree, they need to get him to the 40 GP without a doubt.

He's going to get a run of games here with the injuries which will bring him even closer, no reason why they shouldn't get him to 40.

Ignoring the fact that he's one of our best 6 defenseman anyway and should be playing every night.

If Clendening becomes injured he may not get to 40, Which is why I think they should have already tried to get him to 40.

They are not likely to move Klein, without #4 getting to 40 already, as if he does not make it they only would have Holden left to expose should G not waive or be bought out.

I not sure, maybe moving Klein was never on their radar, if it was they likely would have played Clendening more already. Or perhaps expansion is not on their radar, or they already decided Holden or Klein was to be exposed no matter what, I don't know, maybe they are sort of winging it there.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
I would never wish an injury on a Ranger player, especially for someone like Girardi who has been a warrior for this franchise but this is truly a blessing in disguise and hopefully the other night was the last time he put on a Ranger jersey.

Agreed - I really do appreciate what Girardi has given this team. Maybe he retires and takes a job within the organization. We knew a decline was coming but it was quicker than anticipated. When Cally was traded, I thought G would have been a good captain.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

I understand your sentiment but I want to know the last time he is putting on that jersey for us and I want to give him a standing ovation. He emodies do much of what I could ask for as a fan, and it is a shame his prime years were so short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad