• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
This is easily McAvoy

Colorado's defenseman are beginning to become quickly overrated. So now Girard is being compared to McAvoy, whos on par with Makar? Let me guess, Toews is up there too huh. Three #1 defenseman on the Avalanche lmfao

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
McAvoy and it's not even close. Girard is a decent D with elite puck moving ability but has gotten so overrated playing for a great team that suites his style. Watch Girard defensively in the playoffs and you will see his issues. McAvoy is a number 1 D

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I love Girard, but I don't think anyone is placing him in the top ten D of the league.
I'd personally have McAvoy around number 10 in terms of league wide dmen, Girard would be in the 25-30 range, so yes there is some separation but lets not act like this is some ludicrous comparison

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd personally have McAvoy around number 10 in terms of league wide dmen, Girard would be in the 25-30 range, so yes there is some separation but lets not act like this is some ludicrous comparison

The difference between a franchise Dman and a non franchise Dman is pretty clear.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You know thats not at all comparable.

Mackinnon is the 2nd best center (and player) in the league. Larkin likely isn't even a top 30 center.

If McAvoy was a power play tool he'd be viewed as a top five defenseman.

Larkin is a # 1 C. Much like Girard is a # 1 D. McAvoy and MacK are amongst the best at their position. I don't see how the comparison is off.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
If McAvoy was a power play tool he'd be viewed as a top five defenseman.

Larkin is a # 1 C. Much like Girard is a # 1 D. McAvoy and MacK are amongst the best at their position. I don't see how the comparison is off.
Mackinnon is a lot better at his position than McAvoy is at his...

Hedman is the Mackinnon of defensemen, not McAvoy. And I say this as a big McAvoy fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad