Giordano's knee on knee (?) on Koivu (upd: suspended 2 games)

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Because he has not been a top 10 D ever and is old. Nobody has won Norris on western canadian team. 1 player won 1st time in the 30s ever (31yo Chara in BOS).

He is 5th in scoring, behind both Burns and Carlsson who regularly finish higher on both the norris voting and the Allstar voting. He is well behind Morgan Reilly, who plays for mass market team in TOR with lots of media coverage.

Literally he has zero chance of winning the Norris. The front runner is the one leading the D in points and the trophy itself is media coverage contest.

2 players. Lidstrom was 30.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
What an intelligent response. Dump out your Flames Kool-Aid and admit that Gio was in the wrong here. Textbook knee to knee hit. Your rebuttals are laughable. I'm sure I'll get a great one coming my way soon.

Benefit of the doubt is out the window after what happened 2 years ago. More intelligent discussion could have been had otherwise, but Boudreau is a sack of shit in my eyes for what he did and I didn't mind one bit seeing his face light up like a Christmas tree against the jets.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
According to Russo, the league is still taking a look at this knee on knee.

I bet Koivu's ability to play tonight determines whether Gio get's fined or sits a game, because the league is stupid and takes injury into account on suspensions.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Laughable that Giordano's shin-on-shin unfortunate hockey play may in trouble but Dumba's intentional take-out hit to the head is not. Fits the way Wild games are reffed though. Must be green under that table.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
If 31 teams are paying the refs, is anybody paying refs? That's the question.

2of8nh.jpg

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I can't believe Koivu isn't getting anything here. Not coming back into 2 goal game after a "shin-on-shin" even after he knew that Giordano wasn't getting a major, now that's excessive.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Time he gets suspended. You can't have a reaction to stick your leg out and go knee on knee.

Just because his dirty plays don't involve the head, doesn't mean he isn't dirty...

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
flames fan here. That looks brutal. I think he gets 2 games.

That, with the loss of Backlund because NHL refs think the score of the game dictates what should be called, makes these upcoming back to back games look tough.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It's never on purpose with this guy. Year after year after year of sticking his knee out like an idiot, never his fault.

Reactions: Spazkat

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Looked like a shin on shin to me. Nothing intentional, fairly clean play.

Move on (unlike Ducks fans lol)

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I’m not saying Giordano doesn’t extend his leg out. But he clearly straightens his leg upon contact, that’s why it was called a trip on the ice, not a knee. I thought knee on knee hits had to include that actual part of the body, not the shin. It fits the definition of a trip more than anything else.

I’ll gladly state that I’m wrong if he’s suspended, but I can almost guarantee you he won’t be no matter how much of that rule book you’d like to throw at me.
Another genius.

I absolutely love the logical fallacies being thrown around here. This isn't a big deal because:

Other teams have injured players as well
Any physical technicality of the play, that even if true, does not absolve the player of recklessness.

It's unbelievable how anyone cannot see this as a habitual thing. Even if he isn't doing it maliciously, I don't think he is, it's reckless, stupid, and five years too late in sending him that message.

Reactions: 2Pair and Helistin

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Looked like a shin on shin to me. Nothing intentional, fairly clean play.

Move on (unlike Ducks fans lol)
Like this guy. Nothing makes people look less intelligent than blind allegiance. Jim Jones would have loved you.

Reactions: 2Pair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad