Giordano's knee on knee (?) on Koivu (upd: suspended 2 games)

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
You should visit the Dumba thread. Very dirty player delivering a hit that didn't even draw a penalty. Also "the keeing pylon" is "the front runner for Norris".

HFboards never fail.

Giordano is top 3 Dmen this year. Not sure what you’re getting at?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If it doesn't, then in 2-3 years we'll start our cycle towards the top of the draft; a place you guys have known fairly well.

Nah, we haven't had the luck of Edmonton to get high draft picks. We would draft in the 12-15 range and be mired in mediocrity for years before that happened.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Hate these. Such a dangerous play. Not a "hockey play gone wrong", but just being an irresponsible idiot. NHL has shown they don't care about knees though, only brains, so this probably will not result anything.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
If it doesn't, then in 2-3 years we'll start our cycle towards the top of the draft; a place you guys have known fairly well.

I wouldn’t call it fairly well as we picked top 5, 1 time. ( + Twice at 6th) Not really sure you can make a case for the Flames tanking for a first overall pick. Gaudreau in the 4th round is what accelerate our rebuild.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
How is he not a front runner? Go look in the polls section... Literally every fan base is saying he is and has 50% of the vote.

Because he has not been a top 10 D ever and is old. Nobody has won Norris on western canadian team. 1 player won 1st time in the 30s ever (31yo Chara in BOS).

He is 5th in scoring, behind both Burns and Carlsson who regularly finish higher on both the norris voting and the Allstar voting. He is well behind Morgan Reilly, who plays for mass market team in TOR with lots of media coverage.

Literally he has zero chance of winning the Norris. The front runner is the one leading the D in points and the trophy itself is media coverage contest.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Nah, we haven't had the luck of Edmonton to get high draft picks. We would draft in the 12-15 range and be mired in mediocrity for years before that happened.

Pretty sure Bennett and Monahan were picked higher than any pick we've had since 2001, except for the equal-weighted lottery in 2005.

Edit: oops, thought Monahan and Tkachuk were both top 5's. 6 isn't far off, but neither is #7 Dumba.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Because he has not been a top 10 D ever and is old. Nobody has won Norris on western canadian team. 1 player won 1st time in the 30s ever (31yo Chara in BOS).

He is 5th in scoring, behind both Burns and Carlsson who regularly finish higher on both the norris voting and the Allstar voting. He is well behind Morgan Reilly, who plays for mass market team in TOR with lots of media coverage.

Literally he has zero chance of winning the Norris. The front runner is the one leading the D in points and the trophy itself is media coverage contest.

Just because nobody has done it, doesn't mean he couldn't pull it off. Not saying he will, not saying he won't.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Don't drag us into this!!

tenor.gif

Mar 26, 2010
That is 100% intentional! Dirty scumbag play. Intent to injure.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
2 minute tripping penalty and we've got 5 pages already... lol.

He was likely trying to stick his knee out to help him punch Koivu on the board, but Koivu was too quick around him. yeesh

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Pretty sure Bennett and Monahan were picked higher than any pick we've had since 2001, except for the equal-weighted lottery in 2005.

Also tkachuk. Considering we had went a decade without a top 10 pick, yeah, I was happy we sucked ass for a few years.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

Edit: oops, thought Monahan and Tkachuk were both top 5's. 6 isn't far off, but neither is #7 Dumba.

Nobody is arguing that thenFlames haven’t picked higher than the wild. IMO the wild are where the late 2000s flames were. Solid reg season team, but couldn’t get it done in playoffs with an aging core.

I watch a fair bit of wild hockey having moved in the twin cities earlier this year. Nino, coyle, grany, Greenway, Dumba, Spurgeon are certainly nice pieces to retool around. Don’t think it has to be a full tank job.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary

The leading point guy didn't win the Norris trophy last year though... Shows what you know.

District 5

Mar 1, 2014
I'm sorry the Wild suck ass and have the excitement to be a first round loss every year. That's what happens when you employ diabetic Bruce.

I'm sure you didn't give one **** when Gaudreau's hands were slashed to oblivion.
What an intelligent response. Dump out your Flames Kool-Aid and admit that Gio was in the wrong here. Textbook knee to knee hit. Your rebuttals are laughable. I'm sure I'll get a great one coming my way soon.

Reactions: Myyrynen and 2Pair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad