Giordano's knee on knee (?) on Koivu (upd: suspended 2 games)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
hahahahaha "only four"

ok then in that case, corey perry has "only" run a goalie intentionally a few times and has never been suspended for it. therefore he's a clean, hard nosed player right?
Actually I thought I was being generous when I said that Gio only had 4 knee on knee hits in his career. One was last night, and right now I can only find two others... Jan 2018 against Aho and Apr 2017 against Fowler.

If you can find more than 4, please enlighten us all. I await your response since you are so definite that there was. Since you are obviously not making thing up :sarcasm: it should be an easy task. Please provide names and dates so I can confirm your research. Thanks. :thumbu:

Edit: Just found the Bobby Ryan hit in 2011. So that makes 4. I'm waiting to here back from you about the others.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Why would I? It is the internet! I do love how people such as yourself seem to think there is some sort of proper moral "man UP" protocol when it comes to online message boards. I'm not going to lie, it is pretty hilarious how upset people have become in here over it. I have no obligation to delete anything, and don't think I will! If that upsets you THAT much maybe put me on ignore so you keep that blood pressure in check.

sure its ur right, do what u want, we just know you're a liar and ur word means nothing at all. If you can't stick to ur guns, maybe keep ur opinion to urself and dont put urself out there cause u dont have the balls to go through with what u say :) :D

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Actually I thought I was being generous when I said that Gio only had 4 knee on knee hits in his career. One was last night, and right now I can only find two others... Jan 2018 against Aho and Apr 2017 against Fowler.

If you can find more than 4, please enlighten us all. I await your response since you are so definite that there was. Since you are obviously not making thing up :sarcasm: it should be an easy task. Please provide names and dates so I can confirm your research. Thanks. :thumbu:

Edit: Just found the Bobby Ryan hit in 2011. So that makes 4. I'm waiting to here back from you about the others.

you misunderstood. i didn't mean "only four" as in he's done it more, i was simply laughing at the fact that you think "only four" kneeing incidents is perfectly fine

and you ignored the rest of my post as expected because your argument is stupid as hell

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Why would I? It is the internet! I do love how people such as yourself seem to think there is some sort of proper moral "man UP" protocol when it comes to online message boards. I'm not going to lie, it is pretty hilarious how upset people have become in here over it. I have no obligation to delete anything, and don't think I will! If that upsets you THAT much maybe put me on ignore so you keep that blood pressure in check.
Sure seem like a stand up guy. Maybe next time you can think it through before you run your mouth like a clown?

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
So much bullshit sanctimony in this thread, and forum.

I don't give a flying **** if Gio intentionally kneed someone. Hopefully he keeps cool on that front and I don't wish injury on anyone, but I'm backing him right now.

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
Trust me.. my blood pressure is fine. What you do is what you do. No sweat off my ass. As you say, its the internet. Everyone has their own code of ethics. We now know yours.
Are you literally saying you have a code of ethics for HFboards? Too funny
You obviously care since you have made more than one post about it, I mean I suppose I am a little flattered that it has caused you to question the meaning of morality on the internet. Saying you will delete your account then not online hardly is some sort of ethical dilemma for most people. I feel a little sorry for you. Must be fun at parties.

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
Apprently Koivu is rumored to have torn LCL. Generally 3-4 months recovery, but severity and treatment decision is open.

Trash team is trash. Hopefully Backlund eats through a straw until summer.
lmao stay classy. Guess just karma for what happened to Gaudreau.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
They’re now suspending people for knee on knee hits? Man where was this rule when Brian Marchment was in the league?!?!

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Pretty simple.......Geo's knee on Koivu was dirty as they come and sent Koivu to the locker room

Dumba saw an opportunity to light up Backlund skating with his head down and extracted his pound of flesh in what is a brutal but clean open ice hit.

Everything else in this thread is needless minutia

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
we...don't have AHL goons. :/

I don't think so at any rate.

See...all trapped in the past. Trapped--see what i did there? We don't have boogaards or Simons or konopka or even staubitz'.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Did you read the whole sentence? "5 minutes" is pretty clear.

If this was before the 5 min mark in the 3rd it would only be a 1 game for leaving to bench to start an altercation.
I was fine with the automatic game, but I'm not fine with 2 games...get it?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He's more than proven that he is a dirty player (doesnt mean he isnt a top dman in the game) so this suspension is warranted.
As someone who has had both my ACLs torn (one from an intentional knee-knee hit in the neutral zone) I would argue he deserves more. Knees come right after the head as the dirtiest areas you can target on a player.

This. Its a scary thing to see a player go down with either a Knee or Head hit in todays NHL given how many players seem to effected by it greatly. With knee injuries a players speed/mobility can become ruined & later in life it'll effect them too.
Doesn't surprise me Giordano once targeted Fowler the fastest skater on the Ducks.
I think the fear of Giordano doing that to McDavid is the one reason Lucic should stay on the Oilers unless they have someone who can take care of Giordano if he trys that stuff.
Luckly we had Manson who destroyed Giordano in a fight after he kneed Fowler.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
This. Its a scary thing to see a player go down with either a Knee or Head hit in todays NHL given how many players seem to effected by it greatly. With knee injuries a players speed/mobility can become ruined & later in life it'll effect them too.
Doesn't surprise me Giordano once targeted Fowler the fastest skater on the Ducks.
I think the fear of Giordano doing that to McDavid is the one reason Lucic should stay on the Oilers unless they have someone who can take care of Giordano if he trys that stuff.
Luckly we had Manson who destroyed Giordano in a fight after he kneed Fowler.

Definitely scary. Knee injuries are no joke, thankfully they dont happen in hockey as much as other sports because ice is friction-less. So the only reason for knee injuries in hockey is from dirty players targeting knees. When you see a supposed leader of a team who is their captain doing stuff like this its despicable.

If Giordano ever injured Connor in a knee on knee there would be a bench brawl. And he would be targeted by Oilers players for years. Lucic is good to have but Nurse and Khaira are plenty tough enough,

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
Definitely scary. Knee injuries are no joke, thankfully they dont happen in hockey as much as other sports because ice is friction-less. So the only reason for knee injuries in hockey is from dirty players targeting knees. When you see a supposed leader of a team who is their captain doing stuff like this its despicable.

If Giordano ever injured Connor in a knee on knee there would be a bench brawl. And he would be targeted by Oilers players for years. Lucic is good to have but Nurse and Khaira are plenty tough enough,
Sorry to be that guy but ice is not "frictionless". :)

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
LOL you got me here. I've done way too many physics questions in my day that read: Assume a fricitonless ice surface. Thanks for the correction :laugh:
Haha it's funny cause I literally wrote my last stupid physics final yesterday and that exact statement was on the test. Just drives me nuts... can't just make up physics to test for physics!

Reactions: A91

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Haha it's funny cause I literally wrote my last stupid physics final yesterday and that exact statement was on the test. Just drives me nuts... can't just make up physics to test for physics!

Hahaha happy you are finished with it! I had to took 3 physics courses for my undergrad degree, didnt enjoy one of them. Was beyond ecstatic when I finished my last one.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Giordano's replacement Kylington already has a goal tonight. Really loving the depth on these team. With .Kylington, Anderson, and Valimakki all looking NHL ready this team is looking great.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Obvious intentional knee. Didn't see this play till now. But you can see Gio stick out his leg. NHL sees it the same way.

Reactions: Bando

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad