Value of: Giordano

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’m sure you’d be disappointed with the return. You don’t shake things up moving a 37 year old D before the expansion draft.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I’m sure you’d be disappointed with the return. You don’t shake things up moving a 37 year old D before the expansion draft.
I am actually not expecting much to be honest. Maybe a team with a young D core would want him.
I am hoping Seattle takes him or Backlund. More of a shake up in the dressing room than anything.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
What are the Flames willing to give up for someone to take him? I would think your 1st is on the table

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
What are the Flames willing to give up for someone to take him? I would think your 1st is on the table
He won the Norris a year and a half ago, they wouldn’t have to pay someone to take him.
Now due to his age and the expansion draft it would be hard to get an amazing return but there are a few teams who would love to add him for a couple playoff runs.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
What? He’s struggled this year, but he’s not so bad that the Flames need to dump him like that.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Multiple 1st’s, blue chip prospect, top-line roster player, and a 6th round pick in 2025.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Needs to go to a cup contending team. Give us a cap dump back and a pick and he's all yours.

He has regressed as a top pairing guy, unless you can pair him up with your top pairing RD and they hit it off. Otherwise, he's safely a middle pairing guy that can still play on special teams.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't see the Flames getting a ton for him, maybe you can convince a team at the deadline to give up a late 1st, if you retain a bit of salary. Most likely you're looking at a 2nd + b prospect.

I wonder if something like Gio for Drouin would make sense. I could totally see TO having interest to, but don’t know what they could send back for cap. Boston would be another team.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
What? He’s struggled this year, but he’s not so bad that the Flames need to dump him like that.

He is automatically protected in the expansion draft. Meaning any team taking him is going to lose a good Dman

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Needs to go to a cup contending team. Give us a cap dump back and a pick and he's all yours.

He has regressed as a top pairing guy, unless you can pair him up with your top pairing RD and they hit it off. Otherwise, he's safely a middle pairing guy that can still play on special teams.
Kris Russell + 2nd

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He’s slowed down but the people who are saying he has negative value have NO idea what they’re talking about.
He’s still a very solid defenceman and his cap hit isn’t bad for what he brings, let alone he’s a free agent after next season anyway.

I’m sure if he’s available, MULTIPLE teams would be more than interested in him.

I’d say he’s worth around what L.A got for Muzzin.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad