Value of: Giordano to Habs

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The saying ever since MTL acquired him and never mentioned before that "Weber is declining heavily, he sucks". Yet he is the early favorite for the Norris and has shown no signs of slowing down.

Well the season is longer than 15 games, as habs fans I figured you would be the experts on this.

Yes he is an early favorite but there are still alot of games left and there are other D men that are playing well right now too.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Weber, Petry...yea Montreal needs another high priced Dman.

Don't the Calgary Dman get a lot of good press for a team that has been consistently in bottom third of the league for years.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Of course he is. That's been the (very vocal) media narrative since the trade happened. Yet another guy that's "due for one" even if is as a lifetime achievement award.

Dude I couldnt care less what the media has to say or has said. That doesnt change the fact hes been the best D in the NHL so far (granted its a limited sample). Try again tho.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Well the season is longer than 15 games, as habs fans I figured you would be the experts on this.

Yes he is an early favorite but there are still alot of games left and there are other D men that are playing well right now too.

You missed the point. Too bad you got offended by the fact hes an early favorite. Early as in early as in 15 games.
But that wasnt the point.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I think he's pointing out the absurdity of worrying about Giordano's contract when clearly they have no issue with long contracts for players that are worth is now but are guaranteed to bite them in the ass later. Exhibit A of that is Shea Weber

You obviously have no clue about that contract of weber. 56 million of it was paid out in the first four years. The last four years he will be paid a total of 6 million. That contract will have great value to either a team wanting to reach the cap floor or to the predators hoping to avoid cap recapture penalties.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I would be very leery as a Hab fan wanting to trade for Gio...he is 33 and he is already starting to show signs of decline...and he is signed for a long time with a very bad contract.....I can't imagine why the Habs would want this ......

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
So, now you're Dr. Spock? Calgary has Giordano, Montreal has Weber and that's about it.

I'm not predicting winning lottery numbers, here. I'm just going with what historically happens: most slower physical dmen do not age particularly well. TBH I doubt Gio will age particularly well either, because his playstyle is also high on wear and tear.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Weber, Petry...yea Montreal needs another high priced Dman.

Don't the Calgary Dman get a lot of good press for a team that has been consistently in bottom third of the league for years.

It's doable, but Emelin would have to be part of the deal and Markov not resigned. Giordano effectively becomes Markovs replacement and gives Weber a more effective partner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad