Classic with Video Gino Odjick classic brawl

Hammerstein

Apr 28, 2009
Oshawa.ON
As much as i like Gino,that one brawl is a little overated for the simple fact that alot of us could take down three guys when they are looking the other way.But for entertainment purposes it rates a 10,no one could ever say Gino didn't have balls that's for sure.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I think fighting in hockey belongs to MMA. Emelyanenko would kill Gino with one left.
That's cute and all but these are entirely different types of athletes involved in entirely different sports. A hockey fight is nothing like an MMA match.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
This was from game 6 of the first round of the 1995 Stanley Cup playoffs, 12:10 into the 3rd period. St. Louis being up 8 goals to 2, in Vancouver. Vancouver won game 7 in St. Louis though 5 goals to 2 (in a kinda rollercoaster-ish series). Bure put his team up 2-0 in game 7 with a nice shorthanded goal on C. Joseph (in the clip below), and had 7 goals and 12 points in the series.

I remember Odjick saying he went after Anderson because Anderson had high-sticked (or tried to high-stick) Bure (or someone else) towards the eyes. He was assessed 39 PIMs that game and didn't play in game 7.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
I really think if Odjick had played during his prime out east, he'd be remembered as one of the toughest to ever play the game.

As a Canucks fan during this era, I got to see nearly his whole prime and he was FEROCIOUS,

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't ever recall him being beaten during his time with the Canucks, I remember him looking like he'd taken a finishing punch only to get back up like an evil jack-in-the-box and start throwing again, I'm not saying every fight was a clear-cut win...but I don't remember a single straight up loss, not to Probert, Grimson...I don't think he ever fought Kocur, he MUST have fought Mc Sorley...but I don't recall a loss, not one.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
my favourite odjick moment is still his and linden's first game back as an islander, when he fought strudwick but was really punching messier and keenan in the face.

i was in the building. definitely a lot of steam we all had built up that gino helped us blow off.

Reactions: ehhedler

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I liked Gino.

I remember when he "wiped tears" from Pj Stocks face and proceeded to get beat up by the 5'10'', 190 pounder.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I liked Gino.

I remember when he "wiped tears" from Pj Stocks face and proceeded to get beat up by the 5'10'', 190 pounder.
Is this what you were talking about???You're worse than Dalby Shirley judging MMA.Hey look everyone, it's the clip Sheppy was referring to.Gino was airlifted to the emergency room after the vicious beatdown by PJ Stock.LOL.watch the whole clip,PJ wasn't even making eye contact than tried the sucker punch to save his pathetic little ass.Gino was toying with him and could have KO'd him with ease but you're welcome to your fantasy.

Last edited:

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Had I been alive during that era, he probably would have been one of my favourite players. A loose cannon to say the very least.

The best enforcers are those whom have no qualms about jumping players/going after star in pursuit of message sending. Gino took pride in that.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I really think if Odjick had played during his prime out east, he'd be remembered as one of the toughest to ever play the game.

As a Canucks fan during this era, I got to see nearly his whole prime and he was FEROCIOUS,

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't ever recall him being beaten during his time with the Canucks, I remember him looking like he'd taken a finishing punch only to get back up like an evil jack-in-the-box and start throwing again, I'm not saying every fight was a clear-cut win...but I don't remember a single straight up loss, not to Probert, Grimson...I don't think he ever fought Kocur, he MUST have fought Mc Sorley...but I don't recall a loss, not one.

Tie Domi beat the breaks off of Gino on a regular basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->