Gilmour on Fan 590 right now

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Leafs need to hire this guy in some capacity after his stint with Kingston is over next year. The guy is sharp, would be a great mentor for our young players.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Leafs need to hire this guy in some capacity after his stint with Kingston is over next year. The guy is sharp, would be a great mentor for our young players.

Let's be honest Dougie hasn't had much success in Kingston as a Coach or GM.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

I live in Kingston and I can safely tell you it likely isn't happening! Gilmour is not just the coach, he's also the GM as well as part owner of the Frontenacs, why would he give ALL that up to come to Toronto to take on a smaller role?

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
I live in Kingston and I can safely tell you it likely isn't happening! Gilmour is not just the coach, he's also the GM as well as part owner of the Frontenacs, why would he give ALL that up to come to Toronto to take on a smaller role?

from the sounds of the interview it didn't sound like he thought he'd be back with the Fronts

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Kadri has better puck handling skills and shot but Gilmour is better at every other category. I think if Nazem continues to grow and wants to improve the sky is the limit for him.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Kadri and Gilmour have some similarites! Both are small yet fiesty, both lack an NHL calibre shot but make up for it with elite stickhandling and passing abilities. However the big thing that separates the two is Gilmour was amazing defensively, there was a reason he won a selke, Kadri while decent in his own end he is no Gilmour.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
i remember when the leafs re-acquired gilmour..i had tickets for the first home game (against the islanders i think) and then bam he gets a career ending injury right before..that one hurt..i was so excited and looking forward to his return

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Gilmour hasn't proven anything positive in terms of coaching OR management, in Kingston.

I love Dougie, but no thanks.

Maybe in a PR/Ambassador role, which he wouldn't do. Maybe in a scouting position, which is also unlikely.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
i remember when the leafs re-acquired gilmour..i had tickets for the first home game (against the islanders i think) and then bam he gets a career ending injury right before..that one hurt..i was so excited and looking forward to his return

It was against Calgary and Dave Lowry (who is now a NHL ref) was the player who gave him that injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad