OT: Gillette Stadium

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Going to a concert on Saturday night at Gillette, and want to know if anyone could recommend a restaurant that is safe, good, and easy to find where several of us could get together for a quick dinner and a few drinks before the show. We went to Patriot place last time, but it was such a mob scene we'd like to avoid that.

I'm from Cow Hampshire, so I know how to get to and from the stadium just fine, but don't know there area around there well at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Red Wing Diner, just north of the stadium on Rte 1, is a Phantom Gourmet hidden gem. fried clams to kill for.

Ditto on Red Wing. Good food and just divey enough but not too divey. It is about 2 or 3 miles north of the stadium so because it is right in the middle of the Route 1 stadium traffic you might want to call the restaurant to ask how best to arrange getting there, how they handle parking, etc.

Last edited:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
There is also Luciano's Restaurant south of the stadium on Route 1, not in walking distance though. There is also right down the road from me on 140 in Foxboro is Waxy O'Connors.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Waxy's looks right up our alley. We want something pub'ish because we mostly want a few drinks moreso than dinner :) show starts at 7, so we're thinking of getting in around 4'ish, any idea how busy it gets on those nights??

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think the RedWing looks like something we might try; but just not what we are looking for on Saturday.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Waxy's looks right up our alley. We want something pub'ish because we mostly want a few drinks moreso than dinner :) show starts at 7, so we're thinking of getting in around 4'ish, any idea how busy it gets on those nights??

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think the RedWing looks like something we might try; but just not what we are looking for on Saturday.

If you are getting there around 4 you should be alright. Most people in the area are trying to avoid game or concert traffic. I assume you are coming down 95 or 495. If so don't get off of them onto Route 1. Take the Mechanic street exit off of 95 towards Foxboro then Chestnut street and then that will take you right to Waxy's and you will avoid all the traffic, except when you actually go to Gillette of course.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Going to a concert on Saturday night at Gillette, and want to know if anyone could recommend a restaurant that is safe, good, and easy to find where several of us could get together for a quick dinner and a few drinks before the show. We went to Patriot place last time, but it was such a mob scene we'd like to avoid that.

I'm from Cow Hampshire, so I know how to get to and from the stadium just fine, but don't know there area around there well at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

I suggest you plan a post game tailgate or leave early. I went to Springsteen last year and was stuck in traffic going North for 2 hours....and I needed to be going south but couldnt get south due to parking lots.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
good to know about the diner. I pass that place when I go to my photography teacher. Hes right around the corner from GS.

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
Mick Morgan's is pretty good. Right on Route 1 when you get off 95.

Peking Grden has pretty good Chinese. Again, on Route 1, on the way to the stadium

PandaBonJovi

Feb 25, 2004
Rhode Island

Show starts at 7:30 pm with J. Geils as the opener. My guess......and it will be a good one since this is my 33rd Bon Jovi show..........is they come on at 9:00 pm. They recieved approval from the town of Foxboro to play until 12 midnight.

Stage is the front end of a 1959 Chevy Impala..........really cool looking. Have fun !!!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
:handclap:

we saw them the last time they were at Gillette, I'm an 80's child, so I grew up on them. Thought they sounded just as good as I remembered back then, if not better; of course I was probably drunk (or otherwise) at the shows back then!!! :)
Be prepared to be surrounded by a bevy of overweight middle aged ladies screaming unceasingly at high decibals.

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
I'm going to the concert on Saturday as well and there is a chance of some rain...does anyone know if they will just play through the rain or if they'll delay the start?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Show starts at 7:30 pm with J. Geils as the opener. My guess......and it will be a good one since this is my 33rd Bon Jovi show..........is they come on at 9:00 pm. They recieved approval from the town of Foxboro to play until 12 midnight.

Stage is the front end of a 1959 Chevy Impala..........really cool looking. Have fun !!!

thanks, we will probably take our time at the bar then; and then head over. Looking forward to it!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's worth dealing with the mob scene at Patriot Place and checking out Toby Keith's Bar and Grill. Great atmosphere. Great bar.

Bar Louie ain't half bad either. Probably beyond a mob scene though. Better off eating outside the plaza, several miles away if possible

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Bar Louie ain't half bad either. Probably beyond a mob scene though. Better off eating outside the plaza, several miles away if possible

Bar Louie was terrible the time I went. Granted it was a Patriots game day, but food sucked and beer was warm because the glasses were so hot because they werent chilled. Awful. TK's is a good spot.

norwoodmustang

Jul 29, 2005
Norwood, MA USA
Since you're coming from the north, you could always get off at exit 10 in Walpole (Coney street). The Walpole Mall has a Chili's, Five Guys, taco bell and a Texas Roadhouse (highly recommend it, my niece works there as well) in the parking lot. Across the street is a 99 Restraunt, and a little further south towards the stadium is an Applebees, then Mick Morgans as someone else suggested. The potential downside is depending on how early you get there, traffic from Walpole to Foxboro is going to be brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad