Confirmed with Link: Gilbert re-signs

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I was starting to wonder if Gilbert was trying to force his way off the team with the arbitration stunt. He has to see how deep we are defensively. It's hard to imagine he sees any NHL time next year. I guess he was just holding out for as big of an AHL salary as he could get.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I was starting to wonder if Gilbert was trying to force his way off the team with the arbitration stunt. He has to see how deep we are defensively. It's hard to imagine he sees any NHL time next year. I guess he was just holding out for as big of an AHL salary as he could get.

This is a pretty common tactic for fringe guys to get a bigger AHL payday. Solid way to get an extra 75-100k for those guys.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I guess he slots in around the 9th/10th spot on the depth chart. That’s a pretty a solid option for that spot.

He’s got some NHL experience, so I’m fine that they brought him back.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I guess he slots in around the 9th/10th spot on the depth chart. That’s a pretty a solid option for that spot.

He’s got some NHL experience, so I’m fine that they brought him back.

Yeah, that's probably where he will start.

Toews - Makar
Girard - EJ
Byram - Murray
MacDonald
Gross
Gilbert
McKeown
Barron

Something like that is my thinking.

If MacDermid is used as a Dman he kind of should be more like 10/11 but we know he'll draw in for certain games over the other guys.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

Game 1:

Toews - Makar
Murray - Girard
Byram - Johnson

Game 3:

Toews - Makar
Byram - Girard
Gilbert - MacDonald

IR: Johnson, Murray

Game 82:

Toews - Makar
Nemeth - Girard
Cole - MacDonald

IR: Byram, Johnson, Murray

:teach:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Yeah, that's probably where he will start.

Toews - Makar
Girard - EJ
Byram - Murray
MacDonald
Gross
Gilbert
McKeown
Barron

Something like that is my thinking.

If MacDermid is used as a Dman he kind of should be more like 10/11 but we know he'll draw in for certain games over the other guys.

Yeah, I could see that.

I was thinking Gilbert over Gross, but it probably just depends on what kind of defenceman they want to call up.

I think MacDermid is going to be the #8D. He’s played 118 NHL games. Maybe they flex him around as a 14th forward too. I don’t think they traded a 4th round pick to burry him way down the depth chart.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think Gilbert is at the bottom of the totem pole (but probably above the prospects still). He never got another sniff after breaking his face in the fight, he was back when the team rolled through Burroughs and Middleton. Gross and McKeown got higher AHL pay too.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Every player tries his hardest to make us successful, and he helped us on our way to the presidents trophy.

Dennis Gilbert played three games for us this season.

Beat Kings 3-2
Lost to Vegas 1-0
Beat Vegas 3-2

Two solid teams, winning 2, losing 1.
1.3 goals against on average per game.

Why belittle the support cast signings? Glad we have him. Does a FANTASTIC job when given the opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad