News Article: Gilbert Delorme Had a Stroke Two Weeks Ago (Is Doing Well Now)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Former Habs player Delorme, who is on the morning show on 91.9 Sports FM, suffered a stroke two weeks ago. He had what looked like Bell's Palsy. They sent him down to Florida to a treatment center and he is now doing well and back to form.

Here he is back on the morning show. And he described what happened and what his recovery has been like since his episode.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I remember his draft. Big disappointment. A lot was expected from him after his junior career. Maybe he was rushed though. Made the Habs at 18.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Former Habs player Delorme, who is on the morning show on 91.9 Sports FM, suffered a stroke two weeks ago. He had what looked like Bell's Palsy. They sent him down to Florida to a treatment center and he is now doing well and back to form.

Here he is back on the morning show. And he described what happened and what his recovery has been like since his episode.

I had no idea that Delorme had gone through that.

He's a genuinely nice guy who tells it like it is, old school style.

Outside the airwaves, he is appreciated for being selfless and giving. Can't help but root for a guy like that and here's hoping he stays in good health.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Outside the airwaves, he is appreciated for being selfless and giving. Can't help but root for a guy like that and here's hoping he stays in good health.

He and his wife have been foster parents and took in a few kids over the years.

He is really a nice person. And I enjoy him and his way of expressing his opinions.

The fact he is in great shape helped in his recovery.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He and his wife have been foster parents and took in a few kids over the years.

He is really a nice person. And I enjoy him and his way of expressing his opinions.

The fact he is in great shape helped in his recovery.

I had heard of all the kids he and his wife took in. How amazing is that? That’s what I meant about being selfless and giving. He is independently wealthy and could have chosen a much simpler life for himself but didn’t. Guys like him deserve to be recognized. :)

Last edited:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL

Couldn't have said it any better @Runner77

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad