Gilbert Brule

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj

Jul 17, 2004
The points will help yes, but right now the penalties are a bad thing, not a good thing. A lot of them are of the selfish variety, they hurt his team. He needs to learn to keep his temper in check. The good news is he has a coach who had the guts to bench him for it and so far Brule has responded well. He's young and he's getting more attention than he's ever had before. It's something he'll have to fight through, but I'm sure he'll learn. It looks like right now Johnson is the concensus #2 and that's fine, but if Brule doesn't go top 3 at least, there's going to be a team later on down the line regretting that they passed on him.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Notice that 6 players in the top 20 scoring are entering their draft year... pretty good if ye ask me, which you didn't.

1.Gilbert Brule 41GP 23G 31A 54PTS 110PIM
2.Colton Yellowhorn 43GP 20G 34A 54PTS 28 PIM
3.Wacey Rabbit 43GP 17G 29A 46PTS 44PTS
4.Devin Setoguchi 42GP 25G 20A 45PTS 21 PIM
5.Kendal McArdle 44GP 24G 21A 45PTS 74PIM
6.Kris Russel 42GP 18G 21A 39PTS 24PIM

AgentNaslund*

I heard he was having problems with his team, teamates, taking stupid penalties at times. But I say, hes good enough to be a 2nd overall. He is Jordin TooToo, with offensive upside to play as a top liner. Hes 17, and will mature.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
AgentNaslund said:
I heard he was having problems with his team, teamates, taking stupid penalties at times. But I say, hes good enough to be a 2nd overall. He is Jordin TooToo, with offensive upside to play as a top liner. Hes 17, and will mature.

It all depends on what the team drafting needs. For example...say...Columbus...has all the offensive firepower they need through the past drafts(Zherdev, Nash, maybe even Picard) but lack a stud d-man, and without that...they're going nowhere. A team like the BJ's would benefit from drafting a guy like Jack Johnson, instead.

Safir*

nomorekids said:
It all depends on what the team drafting needs. For example...say...Columbus...has all the offensive firepower they need through the past drafts(Zherdev, Nash, maybe even Picard) but lack a stud d-man, and without that...they're going nowhere. A team like the BJ's would benefit from drafting a guy like Jack Johnson, instead.

Brule would fit very nicely into Chicago's system.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
cj said:
It looks like right now Johnson is the concensus #2 and that's fine, but if Brule doesn't go top 3 at least, there's going to be a team later on down the line regretting that they passed on him.

Not really. One magazine has Johnson #2 (Mckeens) and one (Redline) has Brule #2. As someone mentioned above, a team like Chicago would take Brule, but a team like Columbus would more than likely take Johnson. BPA though in my humble opinion is Brule...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Seemed to be the consensus #2 not so very long ago. That seems to happen every year to some player. I would guess that you pass him over at your peril more likely than not.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Chicago won't pass up Brule... unless they get a chance at crosby, obviously. There is just a complete lack of depth in the system for guys who can bury the puck.

We need selfish players that can score for a change.

-fullmetalninja

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
You have to love a kid that has skill and this much heart but my only question is how long will he last in the NHL? While I'm not overly obsessed about size, in this case it might become a factor. He could end up being 6'0" 205lbs and he plays such a ferocious game that he might only play 50-60 games a year.
I'm not sure if he can play a calmer game and still be such an offensive force. Brule is a little bit of a strange case because one of his biggest +'s could work against him.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
#66 said:
You have to love a kid that has skill and this much heart but my only question is how long will he last in the NHL? While I'm not overly obsessed about size, in this case it might become a factor. He could end up being 6'0" 205lbs and he plays such a ferocious game that he might only play 50-60 games a year.
I'm not sure if he can play a calmer game and still be such an offensive force. Brule is a little bit of a strange case because one of his biggest +'s could work against him.

it's the nathan horton syndrome.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
nomorekids said:
it's the nathan horton syndrome.
Yep. He gets compared to JR alot and his career could be about the same. Some great seasons early on. Then the injury bug hits and he's never at that star level for most of his career. Being a Pens fan, I would go after Johnson with a high pick thats not #1. Thats tough to say because the Penguins need a goal scorer and I do love Brules game.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
TCB2004 said:
Do Brule and Bourret play the same game?

Sort of. Bourret is a bit bigger (thicker) and hits people all over the ice. While Brule does the same, he's a little more scrappy than Bourret and often drops the gloves.

Any Q fans know if Bourret fights at all? :dunno:

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
I have all the talent in the world, but I've got to control my physical play a bit. Been taking too many stupid penalties. If I can limit those, and concentrate on my scoring role, I'll be a top 3 pick for sure.

:)

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Sort of. Bourret is a bit bigger (thicker) and hits people all over the ice. While Brule does the same, he's a little more scrappy than Bourret and often drops the gloves.

Any Q fans know if Bourret fights at all? :dunno:

Bourret takes an insane number of penalties sometimes and will drop the gloves occasionally.

AgentNaslund*

Brule said:
I have all the talent in the world, but I've got to control my physical play a bit. Been taking too many stupid penalties. If I can limit those, and concentrate on my scoring role, I'll be a top 3 pick for sure.

:)

HAHAHA. Hey Brule, r u gonna play in vihl next season? We might need you for PICH :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->