Gilbert Brule. Very Impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Relaxation

Brule has adjusted to Major Junior like it's no big deal. Potted another two goals last night for the impressive Vancouver Giants, his second 2 goal game outing in his rookie campaign to lead all WHL rookies in scoring. He has 7 goals now.

Another thing that has surprised me about Brule is his grittiness, man can this kid lay out some nice hits. He loves to hit. Brule is not afraid of the corners, this kid has some balls to his game and is very competitive.

Avery4Byng*

I saw him in exhibition this year and he was impresive. Cant wait till the Giants come here. Last year I remember him as a 15 year old call-up and he didnt look out of place. Kids a gem.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I seen him at the Canada Winter Games, he looked very good on team BC as he was one of their main players. He threw some nice checks, played an ok defensive game, showed gritty play, had some nice chances in the way of taking good shots, but what surprised me about him was that he is a great playmaker as well as I don't know if it was just at the Canada Winter Games or not but he looked to pass first rather than shoot though his goals indicate a super sniper in the making.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I have seen Brule play twice this year and I am going to see him play this weekend against Saskatoon. He is now 11th in WHL scoring. He's an amazing player. He has one hell of a shot too. The first time I saw him he was very impressive. He wired a shot just in from the point top corner and he also got an assist. The second time I saw him again he showed off his nice shot but he hit the crossbar. Brule is pretty feisty. That's one thing that really surprized me about his game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Is anyone thinking that Brule's impressive play might earn him a shot at making the world juniors along with fellow 16 year old Crosby. Wouldn't that be something if both made the team and with Staal and Horton sticking in the NHL and not likly to play they both just might have a shot.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
surixon said:
Is anyone thinking that Brule's impressive play might earn him a shot at making the world juniors along with fellow 16 year old Crosby. Wouldn't that be something if both made the team and with Staal and Horton sticking in the NHL and not likly to play they both just might have a shot.
I think Crosby has a really good shot at making the team but I dont think Brule will. Canada in my opinion wont take two 16 year olds as forwards.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Brule is a great player, i've seen about 4 games this year...great players...strong on the puck, very fancy and aware of everyone on the ice. 2003 WJC's....nope, out of the question, unless he plays absolutely fantastic!

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
canucksfan said:
I have seen Brule play twice this year and I am going to see him play this weekend against Saskatoon.
Ahh yes, the Gilbert Brule vs Wacey Rabbit show on Saturday-----two of the top offensive players available (beyond Crosby) for the 2005 draft.

uzziman

Nov 6, 2002
Abby
Visit site
GOTEAM said:
Ahh yes, the Gilbert Brule vs Wacey Rabbit show on Saturday-----two of the top offensive players available (beyond Crosby) for the 2005 draft.

There is actually a player names Wacey Rabbit?

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
What's sad is that Daniel Bertram chose not to play with the Giants this year...the Brule/Bertram one-two punch would have been most excellent :) Both have the potential to go top-5 in their respective entry drafts, and have huge amounts of talent.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I really don't know why Bertram didn't want to go to Vancouver. He never excellerated his schooling, his best friend and super prospect Brule would have really been something to watch even this year. Vancouver would and still could be one of the best teams next year with all the talent they have now and possibly Jason Reese going to the team next year with Brule, Fistric, Pulpan, Logan, and Kraus all on the team next year as well and if Bertram was there, this team could have been scarey.

Thing is I think he would benifit more going to the WHL than he would going to the NCAA if you look at his perdicimant.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:
I really don't know why Bertram didn't want to go to Vancouver. He never excellerated his schooling, his best friend and super prospect Brule would have really been something to watch even this year. Vancouver would and still could be one of the best teams next year with all the talent they have now and possibly Jason Reese going to the team next year with Brule, Fistric, Pulpan, Logan, and Kraus all on the team next year as well and if Bertram was there, this team could have been scarey.

Thing is I think he would benifit more going to the WHL than he would going to the NCAA if you look at his perdicimant.

Don't worry about Vancouver next year - they will plenty scary as it is. Look for a run at league/national championship - if not next year then possibly the year after.

As to Bertram, he is in a different place than the other "hot" prospects and will do fine going the NCAA route. Each to his own - you can make it either way and for him the school route makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad