Gilbert Brule or Luc Bourdon ?

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
every Canuck fan and his dog are going to say Brule because of the Vancouver connection, but I am a tad leery about his playing style at the NHL. I would probably take Brule based on what he could become, but Bourdon is no slouch.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
For the Yotes I take Brule without question. Mostly because the Yotes need offensive prospects much more than defensive but I also think he'll have more impact in the long run.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Bourdon. He's a blue chip D-man prospect which are hard to find. I'd love to see him with a Kronwall for years to come. The Wings always seem to find forwards that pan out (recent Zetterberg, Datsyuk, future hopes Grigorenko, Hudler, Filppula, McGrath).

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Brule even though we are in dire need of a defensive blue chip prospect. Brule always was to me the second best player in his draft class.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
if brule could overcome his lack of size and play smarter(aka penalties,hits to the head,not try to knock over a guy 40 punds heavier than him). he has the skill and talent to become a dominant nhler. but bourdon is the safer pick he will play in the nhl for a long time he may not reach the star level brule might but chances are he will play many more games for your club than brule.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
dannoabram said:
if brule could overcome his lack of size and play smarter(aka penalties,hits to the head,not try to knock over a guy 40 punds heavier than him). he has the skill and talent to become a dominant nhler. but bourdon is the safer pick he will play in the nhl for a long time he may not reach the star level brule might but chances are he will play many more games for your club than brule.

Well said

However, though Bourdon is nice, he isn't anything unique. Brule has a pretty good chance at becoming one of the best forwards in the NHL.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Brule for me. I think Brule has the potential to be just as physical, annoying, gritty, and heart of a team as a guy like Tucker BUT with more offense.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
Brule for me. I think Brule has the potential to be just as physical, annoying, gritty, and heart of a team as a guy like Tucker BUT with more offense.

You mean Doug Gilmour

Brule from a nux fan. Sorry but with the new free agency rules forward are more valuable than defencemen given how long they take to hit their prime. It's even worse for goalies.

All things being equal Forwards > Defence > Goal. A 21 year old forward can have a career year. Almost no 21 year old d-men ever do. With UFA at 27, forget it.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
Brule plays the game like a young Jeremy Roenick. Fiesty, heart on his sleeve, wicked shot, and a great skater.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
A healthy Brule projects to be a better pro, imo, than Bourdon. I love Bourdon too - but Brule's combination of skill and toughness makes him a guy who can turn a game around.

So the question is health. I'm a bit of a gambler that way, so I'll take Brule in the hopes that he can contribute for full seasons and playoffs. If he does, he's a winner all the way.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
It's pretty tough to say who I'd rather have between an excellent shutdown defenseman and a high-scoring forward... I don't like this type of comparision.

In terms of team needs, then obviously I would pick Luuuuuuc though.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
dannoabram said:

He Was just signed by the Canucks...

The Vengabus

Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
I find it somewhat ironic that typically homeristic Nuck fans are the only ones unanimously choosing Brule.

On our threads, we have posters saying they would have traded the Bourdon pick, a second, AND Kesler to take Brule second overall.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
Brule has the potential to be a dominant speedy and gritty powerforward. His only downside is he play too agressive causing him to get injured alot. He will be Over a PPG player ... and will most definatly score 50 goals at some point in his career.

Bourdon is a going to be great, maybe something like a Matthias Ohlund, but Brule is going to be that much better - All Star Echelon.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Meriadoc Brandybuck said:
I find it somewhat ironic that typically homeristic Nuck fans are the only ones unanimously choosing Brule.

On our threads, we have posters saying they would have traded the Bourdon pick, a second, AND Kesler to take Brule second overall.

Actually we aren't that homeristic. if you read our takes on our prospects you would be amazed that most of them arent handicapped the way the canuck fans rip on them.

Would we do the deal, yes if Columbus asked us today to move Bourdon, Raymon (the second pick) and kesler for him we would.

I think Brule is the one of the few players the canuck fans wouldn't mind selling the farm for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad