Gilbert Brule and Andrej Meszaros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Tha ACE said:
Thanks guys the infos. Wow, I can't believe how lucky the Senators were that AM went all the way down. Feels good to be a Senators fan. lol

If you would need to compare him to a NHL player, which one would you choose? I know it's always difficult to judge, but please give it a try.:)

If I were to take a stab at it Id say a thicker more physical Leopold.

The Fuhr*

Tha ACE said:
Thanks guys the infos. Wow, I can't believe how lucky the Senators were that AM went all the way down. Feels good to be a Senators fan. lol

If you would need to compare him to a NHL player, which one would you choose? I know it's always difficult to judge, but please give it a try.:)

With the talent he will be playing with in Ottawa, He could tap out potenitally and become a more physical Lindstrom

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Giants Thunderbirds Nov 10th

The only WHL game I have seen this year and I'm far from a scout but here are some thoughts from what I saw.

Giants were very sluggish and showed little to no jump. 6th game in 9 nights but they didn't even show up in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Schwarz -- His team didn't do much to help him out and he was hit a few times (shaken up once) as Seattle crashed the net at will. No weak goals but he didn't make any great saves either. I was expecting more but the Giants hung him 'em out for sure. I hear his glove is golden but from what I saw he needs to work on his side to side. By the way the Giants played, loooks like he'll get lots of practice and for heaven's sake Don Hay, talk to your team about protecting your goalie and clearing guys from the front of the net.

Meszaros -- Very impressive. Great presence and looked very strong on his skates. Seemed he was on the ice for the majority of the game. Looks like a smart player and he's not afraid to take the body either. By far the best Giant on the night as the rest of the team seemed content to be out for a skate.

Brule -- 1 aggressive burst of speed on an offensive zone dump in and 1 flash of offensive skill into the oppenents zone from the red line which led to one of just a few scoring chances for the Giants. From those 2 plays I got a sense of his speed, stick handling and vision. Besides that, no effort at all, played very chippy and floated. Took his time clearing the offensive zone on a Giants PP on a delayed off side as he was line changing. Just looked like he gave up after 3 - 0.

Only 1 game and just my opinion so take it for what its worth.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Well, thats a few scouting reports that have suggested he isnt that great. So far my opinion of him is dropping as is his value so far. This is just 2 games and 2 peoples opinions so theres lots of hockey left but right now if I had the 2nd overall pick in a keeper league Id think of trading it down for 2 other 1st rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->