gilbert and winchester

Erick*

Gilbert not being traded is pretty much the disappointing thing about this year's deadline to me.

I think his value is at its highest and we could've gotten something for a player who's numbers are a product of all the undeserved ice time he's getting.

I'm not interested in bringing Gilbert back next year so I hope he doesn't comeback.

Winchester coming back to play on the 4th line, I wouldn't mind. I probably wouldn't care much if he moved on, but he'd be cool to keep.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Gilbert not being traded is pretty much the disappointing thing about this year's deadline to me.

I think his value is at its highest and we could've gotten something for a player who's numbers are a product of all the undeserved ice time he's getting.

I'm not interested in bringing Gilbert back next year so I hope he doesn't comeback.

Winchester coming back to play on the 4th line, I wouldn't mind. I probably wouldn't care much if he moved on, but he'd be cool to keep.

agree. I really have no interest in retaining Gilbert unless he's #5 or #6 on the D corps.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Maybe other GMs really saw him as a product of Campbell. Only dissapointment in this but positives faaaaaarrrr outweigh that. Great few days for fans.

Erick*

Only way I'd want Gilbert back is if it means that he's taking Jovo's spot because Jovo is retiring. That would be great news.

Realistically, Gilbert might get a decent contract in the offseason and I don't want him back. He's going to put up 30+ points this year. I have a tough time believing that no team wanted him. Probably could've made one of those 3rd + 5th deals for him.

We need someone better than Gilbert to pair with Campbell next year.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Only way I'd want Gilbert back is if it means that he's taking Jovo's spot because Jovo is retiring. That would be great news.

Realistically, Gilbert might get a decent contract in the offseason and I don't want him back. He's going to put up 30+ points this year. I have a tough time believing that no team wanted him. Probably could've made one of those 3rd + 5th deals for him.

We need someone better than Gilbert to pair with Campbell next year.

We need more than someONE. We need players better than Gilbert, Jovo and Olsen. I'd like to think Robak and/or Petrovic can be those players, but who knows. We need to bring in help regardless.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
We need more than someONE. We need players better than Gilbert, Jovo and Olsen. I'd like to think Robak and/or Petrovic can be those players, but who knows. We need to bring in help regardless.

From what I have seen from Robak and Petrovic in their times with the Panthers, Olsen is better than both of them.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
I asked Tallon about Winchester today ... his response -"We're really happy with Jesse. We haven't opened that discussion yet." .

Assume him staying is a good sign, will most likely be back for the right price or if they miss out on other FA targets.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I asked Tallon about Winchester today ... his response -"We're really happy with Jesse. We haven't opened that discussion yet." .

Assume him staying is a good sign, will most likely be back for the right price or if they miss out on other FA targets.

Good. I also didn't really see a contender saying , "We need Winchester." Hope we bring him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad