egxHUvX.gif

KGeuFHx.gif

NUVwCPi.gif

DNGslyD.gif

xZPilSH.gif

b0MQHPU.gif

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Was a fun couple of games. That Rasmussen hit in full speed looked huge when I was watching, the slow mo doesnt do it justice. Witkowskis hit might be the hit of the year for the wings on Krejci, he absolutely smoked him. That Larkin hit was awesome considering Rantanen is 6'4 and 200 something lbs

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Thanks for this thread, good to see the guys throwing the body and being a hard team to play against.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Honestly I wouldn't include the Bertuzzi punch on Calvert in this, considering it was a dirty play and received a proper suspension.

I'm not going to be cheering that play like the other ones.

Reactions: Realgud

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Honestly I wouldn't include the Bertuzzi punch on Calvert in this, considering it was a dirty play and received a proper suspension.

Yeah, I hadn't seen it till just now. That's actually ****ing gutless. Tyler should get a game or two more. I hate when other teams do things like that and Nyquist's high stick on Spurgeon, and I'm way more disappointed when the Wings do it. There is no place for plays like that. Wanna punch a guy? Do it in a fight like the other two you had.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

I get what you're saying and I agree it was dirty and the suspension was warranted. But at the same time I think I can cheer for it anyway.

The way I see it, it's hard to know who's at fault for what in the heat of the moment. From Bertuzzi's perspective, an opponent is aggressively coming at him and his buddies on the bench. Maybe someone's holding his stick, maybe it's there unintentionally, whatever, he can't parse the details in the moment. He gets caught up in it and takes a swing. It was a bad idea. But it's coming from a good place. Get the f*** away from my bench and my teammates and don't come back.

I dunno if that makes sense. It's a fine line. I guess it's semantics. But that's why I see it as a rightful suspension but at the same time a nice display of character.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I get what you're saying and I agree it was dirty and the suspension was warranted. But at the same time I think I can cheer for it anyway.

The way I see it, it's hard to know who's at fault for what in the heat of the moment. From Bertuzzi's perspective, an opponent is aggressively coming at him and his buddies on the bench. Maybe someone's holding his stick, maybe it's there unintentionally, whatever, he can't parse the details in the moment. He gets caught up in it and takes a swing. It was a bad idea. But it's coming from a good place. Get the **** away from my bench and my teammates and don't come back.

I dunno if that makes sense. It's a fine line. I guess it's semantics. But that's why I see it as a rightful suspension but at the same time a nice display of character.
I think if you are on the bench there is no acceptable reason to drop your glove and pop someone in the face when they are being held down. I support getting the gloves up and being rough after what appears to be a spear (whether or not Calvert intended to is irrelevant). I do not support what Bertuzzi did. That to me is clearly crossing the line.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I think if you are on the bench there is no acceptable reason to drop your glove and pop someone in the face when they are being held down. I support getting the gloves up and being rough after what appears to be a spear (whether or not Calvert intended to is irrelevant). I do not support what Bertuzzi did. That to me is clearly crossing the line.
That's fair. And to be clear, I wouldn't want him to repeat the same mistake a second time. I'm just okay with it this once. But that's me.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I agree.

On one of the other angles you can see Bert actually drops both gloves. It's like his hockeyfight brain kicked in while ignoring the fact that he's standing on the bench and Calvert is already engaged with Larkin. Still well over the line but for me makes it a little less devious and just plain dumb on his part.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
agreed no need to reach back and deliver like Tyler did, a good hard face rub (which in my expierence are more iratating than a punch that doesnt land correctly) would have done the trick. Still love lil Bert and the attitude that he brings to this lineup.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Watching Kronwall getting in one of his last infamous Kronwalled hits, brought a little tear to my eye.
This guys been a true warrior for this franchise, and it's really sad that we arent replacing all of these great swedes that we have lost.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
As an added bonus, the AA double-deke/spinorama on Duncan Keith in the preseason was something I've never seen in 40 yrs. of watching hockey. He spin him around twice in the same sequence after stealing the puck, so 720 degrees & Keith still lost the puck. I can't find the gif anywhere...maybe someone else can?

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Oh jeez... woke much? It was awesome..

/me wholeheartedly cheers for Bertuzzi's punch on Calvert.
If it was the other way around I would be calling for the other guy's head for the cheap shot.

So if that makes me woke, then okay.

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
If it was the other way around I would be calling for the other guy's head for the cheap shot.

So if that makes me woke, then okay.

I would too, but we don't have to be fair and impartial when it comes to hockey. I can love a pest or gritty type of player on my own team but hate that type of player on another team.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I would too, but we don't have to be fair and impartial when it comes to hockey. I can love a pest or gritty type of player on my own team but hate that type of player on another team.
I don't see the issue. You can certainly feel that way. And other people can feel the other way. Huzzah! (?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad