Gif Request: McLaren waving the white flag

Oddity

Nov 11, 2011

He was just making a joke that Bieksa had "leaves" as an appetizer and the tape was the main course. Referring to actual leaves from a tree as a play on the "Leafs".

You were of course right about the team being the "Leafs" not "leaves"...

Bad joke, rude followup.

yoss

May 25, 2011
The Leafs are like the Boston Bruins but without the talent or success. The latter I legit hate passionately as a Nucks fan, the former earns my mere disdain. Part of that for sure has to do with the excessive amount of whining and **** talking going on over there on the Leafs board. Without wishing to generalize all of them of course, but I can only read so many posts referring to the "sisters" etc. etc. and whining about the officiating and real penalties while they ignore that one dive on Higgins nothing slash without thinking they are out to lunch.

I guess I can empathize somewhat with their situation as passionate hockey fans without a whole lot to cheer about lately, but some of the vitriol coming from their gdt and pgt directed at the Canucks seems really unwarranted imo.

hankdank

Feb 4, 2012
British Columbia
He was just making a joke that Bieksa had "leaves" as an appetizer and the tape was the main course. Referring to actual leaves from a tree as a play on the "Leafs".

You were of course right about the team being the "Leafs" not "leaves"...

Bad joke, rude followup.

Yes, but I originally pointed out that the user used "Leaves" multiple times, in multiple threads.

Heh, not that it matters anymore. Whatevs

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
God, it just blows me away that people really are ready to convince themselves that the Canucks will actually dive face-first into the boards.

Look Leafs fans, wrap your tiny little brains around the concept that hitting from behind is a penalty. Always has been. Yes, your guys got called for hitting from behind penalties because they kept hitting from behind. Duh?

Tanevian*

God, it just blows me away that people really are ready to convince themselves that the Canucks will actually dive face-first into the boards.

Look Leafs fans, wrap your tiny little brains around the concept that hitting from behind is a penalty. Always has been. Yes, your guys got called for hitting from behind penalties because they kept hitting from behind. Duh?

It seems to me that there are 4-5 Leafs fans posting anywhere they can that the Canucks dove, the refs helped decide the game, that JVR didn't dive but rather embellished a bit and that Kassian was reckless when attacked Bolland and that the refs should have stopped the play.

NonBruinHatingCanuck

May 28, 2011
MY best story of a Bitter Leafs fan was a friend of mine texting me thru out the game. Saying stuff

like "Burrows just signed his death warrant" "i hope phaneuf stomps on the sedins feet after that

dirty piece of ****** **** kassian destroyed our whole season" the absolute best tho was him taking

what Glen Healey said comparing the Kassian hit to the Cooke hit, and then when PJ Stock defended

the hit. He laughed at me sooo hard for taking anything PJ Stock has to say seriously as only one

worse then him is "GLen Healey" his words not mine. I had to turn off my phone by the 3rd period

couldn't handle the immaturity. Oh and everything of course were divers and *****s nobody will

Fight Orr. Bieksa will get **** kicked by Clarkson etc etc. Have no problem with the Leafs hate the

fans! Ok i have slight problem with the leafs But absolutely despise a good portion of the fans

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Of course we understand it. We just find it hilarious that he thought the refs were screwing his team. Hopefully (for the leafs and their fans) the team takes responsibility for completely unravelling and doesn't decide that this game was lost because of the refs. Because I hate to break it to you guys, hitting players from behind is a penalty and if he doesn't understand that he will have a very tough season.:laugh:

And the worst part of the towel waiving thing is it was still early in the second and the PP's handed out were only 2-1 in favour of the Canucks. This was before either boarding penalties or Kessel getting an unsportsmanlike to put their team two men down. So basically just a normal start to a game and McLaren starts this white towel waiving BS, that's really going to get the refs on your side :laugh:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
You don't think that was a bad penalty to call to put a team down shorthanded two men for an entire two minutes? If a Canucks fan argues about the officiating while getting most of the calls, obviously their reputation would be tarnished. We felt we got screwed. Not one of those boarding calls will be reviewed by the league, because the player turned when he saw a Leaf arriving, and favourable went down when he felt any contact. Also, in regards to the Lupul 'headshot attempt', if he had hit Sedin where he had, it would have been shoulder to shoulder. His arm wasn't high enough for the head. His arm came up further after anticipating contact and missing because he was leaning in with his shoulder.

You think the Canucks would risk their necks diving head-first into the boards just to try and beat the Leafs even more than they already were doing so? Delusional. As with the elbow-that-apparently-wasn't.

Kind of ironic that the biggest dive was by a player on your own team.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
You think the Canucks would risk their necks diving head-first into the boards just to try and beat the Leafs even more than they already were doing so? Delusional. As with the elbow-that-apparently-wasn't.

Kind of ironic that the biggest dive was by a player on your own team.

You have to forgive the poster you are replying to. They were clearing "Dreaming".;)

Tanevian*

He didn't do it because he hit the player from behind though. He did it because AFTER he hit the player from behind, the entire Van bench got up and started chirping him (as expected) so he chirped back (as is done in every game by every player) and got an additional two minute penalty to put us two men shorthanded for the entire two minutes. Which I agree is a BS call.

You have no idea what was said which makes your opinion valueless on this matter. Penalties like this are often not based on a single event in a game but rather the result of constant whining.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Frazer McLaren is a bad player, and a bad person, and we shouldn't be giving him any undue attention for throwing a hissy fit because his team was losing. Two very dangerous boarding plays and an unsportsmanlike penalty? If Buffalo got a fine for playing Scott, then the Leafs should have for playing McLaren. The guy is a contractor grade tool.

sk8er

Nov 8, 2008
Frazer McLaren is a bad player, and a bad person, and we shouldn't be giving him any undue attention for throwing a hissy fit because his team was losing. Two very dangerous boarding plays and an unsportsmanlike penalty? If Buffalo got a fine for playing Scott, then the Leafs should have for playing McLaren. The guy is a contractor grade tool.

Disturbing play by a disturbing player:naughty:

avelanch

Feb 9, 2010
Also, in regards to the Lupul 'headshot attempt', if he had hit Sedin where he had, it would have been shoulder to shoulder. His arm wasn't high enough for the head. His arm came up further after anticipating contact and missing because he was leaning in with his shoulder.
really?
1zodmpc.png

avelanch

Feb 9, 2010
No concussion = no suspension...so like...Dream's kind of right.

wat? all i was proving is that he wasn't leaning with his shoulder.

if lupul would have connected, it would have been elbow to head, concussion city, and the end of an ironman streak.

oh, and lupul probably would have gotten off cause, you know, Leaves.

avelanch

Feb 9, 2010
Avelanch.....your avatar cracked me up....no seriously.......:laugh:
thanks, i made it from strombone1 before the season started, he sent me a message saying he liked it, and might use it, and tweeted it out, but not much happened after that. I figured I might as well get some enjoyment/use from it in the meantime :P

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I made this by request for the mainboard's photoshop thread but I thought you guys might enjoy it in this thread.

hLJVjNq.gif

embee

Apr 29, 2011
There are actually an unreal number of hilarious clips from that game...

-Bieksa eating his stick
-JVR getting shot
-Burrows trolling Kessel
-Burrows and Kessel "fighting"
-Lupul headshot
-Mclaren white flag
-Sad Kessel in the box

Where are the green guys and their box of waffles when you need them?

edit: Found them!

lTRc3TW.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->