Gibson vs Hart

Who will be the better goalie? Gibson or Hart?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I wouldn't say its interchangeable. Gibson is good, but Vasilevskiy won the Vezina at age 24, and he's improved every season of his career into the clear best goalie in the NHL. Going into his draft, he was a generational goalie prospect, and has played as one in his first couple of years in the NHL.

Craig Custance recently surveyed GM's and coaches about the 31 starting goalies in the NHL. He used a formula to account for all their responses, and Vasilevskiy was ranked 1st by a long way using the formula that he did.

If you have a subscription, here was the article. 2019-20 Goalie Tiers: Anonymous panel of GMs and coaches...
When it comes to goalies I trust NHL execs and coaches about as much as I do a random person off the street.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Last year Gibson was on a historically bad team the comparison of last year shouldn’t be held in the arena of comparative seasons
Historically bad team? There were 7 teams with worse records last season. I mean, yeah the Ducks sucked last year and Gibson kept them in a lot of games but Hart did the same thing for the Flyers who only had 2 more points and allowed 30 more goals against.

For the record, I would take Gibson right now until Hart proves otherwise. I said earlier in the thread that it's almost unfair to compare an established star goalie to a rookie. I just didn't know why you would say that we can't even compare Hart to Gibson until Hart has 3 Vezina worthy seasons when Gibson has only received 4 total Vezina votes in his career.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->