Gibson vs Hart

Who will be the better goalie? Gibson or Hart?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter3x

Oct 23, 2017
Two young goalies, with Gibson being more proven but both with very strong starts to the season and very high potential. Who do you think will be the better goalie going forward?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
From the title I was wondering how you can compare a goalie and a trophy
Easy pick is Gibson though, Hart isn't there yet

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Not really fair to put up an established star goalie against a 21 year old with 32 career starts. Gibson is obviously better now but who knows how it will look in 5 years.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Gibson is a top 3 three goalie in the league with strong arguments to be the best. The other is just a prospect still let’s wait till he has atleast 3 seasons of vezina worthy hockey till we compare

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I’ll take Hart because Gibson isn’t going to go very far with that team while he’s in his prime.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
That doesn't make sense. Oilers have accomplished absolutely nothing in years and McDavid is still the best player in the world.

So Gibson for 100 points this season? You can’t carry in that way as a goalie. If your team loses, you lose.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’ll take Hart because Gibson isn’t going to go very far with that team while he’s in his prime.
Based on what... a season with RC as a coach and leading the league in man games missed?

Gibsons #s were pretty insane last year... given the circumstances, and hes started off where he has left off.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Based on what... a season with RC as a coach and leading the league in man games missed?

Gibsons #s were pretty insane last year... given the circumstances, and hes started off where he has left off.

Guys I’m not trying to dump on the Ducks, I like the Ducks. I just don’t see them heading in a very positive direction whereas I see the opposite for Philly.

He could still put up solid numbers but I don’t think anyone cares about that compared to team success.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So Gibson for 100 points this season? You can’t carry in that way as a goalie. If your team loses, you lose.
That's a pretty dumb take also... not like McDavid has carried oilers to anything, but he is still best in the world.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
That's a pretty dumb take also... not like McDavid has carried oilers to anything, but he is still best in the world.

3-1 start for the Ducks and they’re busting out the woodwork!

You cannot be the best goalie in the world on a losing team, it’s not possible.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Guys I’m not trying to dump on the Ducks, I like the Ducks. I just don’t see them heading in a very positive direction whereas I see the opposite for Philly.
Yea.. but what are you basing this off of?

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Im not even lookin at the team really, Gibson has looked Steller

the question is about Gibson vs hart , not philly vs Anaheim.

And I provided my reason as to why I’m taking Hart. Doesn’t seem very complicated. Teams will influence the way the 2 are viewed for the careers.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
So if Anaheim is a worse team... and Gibson puts up similar #'s... wouldn't that be a + for Gibson?

Maybe, but not if Philly makes the POs and Anaheim doesn’t. I’m not trying to create a zillion hypotheticals with you, this is my opinion. Obviously you don’t accept it.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Gibson. He's the best goalie in the league and one of the best PLAYERS in the entire league. The numbers he put up while the team was randy-capped is incredible. The media will finally start to notice. He's seriously incredible.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Gibson is a top 3 three goalie in the league with strong arguments to be the best. The other is just a prospect still let’s wait till he has atleast 3 seasons of vezina worthy hockey till we compare
Why would Hart need 3 seasons of Vezina worthy hockey before we can compare them? I mean, Vezina voting is pretty random but I wouldn't use that as the measuring stick considering Gibson has 4 total Vezina votes in his career. Hart and Gibson's numbers last season were almost identical, I would think that would mean more than subjective voting.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Gimme Gibson easily over every other goalie in this league (unless you have a time machine and we're poaching Lundqvist from 2005)

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
You never know but the safe bet is Gibson. He's already arguably the best goalie in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad