GDT: Gibson @ Stars - 5:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Let's see if they learned anything in a week. Try not to give up 31 shots in a period this time, please.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
This would be a good night for a surprise good performance. Surely it can’t be this bad forever

bet
edmonton-oilers-general-manager-peter-chiarelli-talks-to-the2.jpeg

Reactions: KyleJRM

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I want the Stars to absolutely dismantle this team tonight. Complete annihilation. Take advantage of every small mistake we make and every strategical error there is in Randy's alleged new playbook. Just expose that crap in full.

There needs to be an end to all malign optimism surrounding this team, from Bob to the players and each and every fan. The longer this farce goes on the more we disrespect Gibson.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I want the Stars to absolutely dismantle this team tonight. Complete annihilation. Take advantage of every small mistake we make and every strategical error there is in Randy's alleged new playbook. Just expose that crap in full.

There needs to be an end to all malign optimism surrounding this team, from Bob to the players and each and every fan. The longer this farce goes on the more we disrespect Gibson.
I second this. And I don`t even feel disgusted by it, I legitimely think that is the only way we see some light soon

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
There's no light "soon", there's just the potential to avoid a pointlessly extended darker period.

It's stupid to waste this year (and heavens forbid even beyond) on Carlyle and his stupid antiques when the question of whether we can still do something with this player material available to us is up in the air. If a retool or a rebuild was imminent or in process, sure, who cares. Tank as hard as you can. I wouldn't even mind because at that point you have willingly acknowledged that the Getzlaf-Perry-Kesler-Eaves competitive era is over and you no longer aim to go for it with those guys.

But if the plan is to attempt competing, if the plan is not to get in the way of the development of our defensive talent in particular, and if the plan is to do anything else but annoy the hell out of Gibson while telling him to suck it up because it's the nature of the business... We need a change. And the faster that comes the better for everyone.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I have a feeling this is the game where Gibson throws a punch.....

I just hope its at a teammate and not a stars player.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I prefer it be at our coach

The sad thing is I could imagine our defense leaving him out to dry and giving up 3 goals in the 1st.... then being pulled and in post game interview RC says something on the lines of "our goaltending didn't really give us a chance to win tonight"

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I agree with Dryish and sincerely hope that we lose and lose bad. The only way Carlyle ever gets canned is a long string of losses. Bob needs to have no other choice but to let him go, otherwise it doesn't happen.

Reactions: Dryish

Beretta 390

Jul 22, 2010
Not Gibson-Not Gibson-Not Gibson

Not Gibson-Not Gibson
Not Gibson-Not Gibson
Not Gibson-Not Gibson

Gibson
Not Gibson
High quality laugh

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I almost feel like it is time to throw in the towel for the season. Trade assets for futures with more upside, get a new coach and hopefully a high draft pick.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I almost feel like it is time to throw in the towel for the season. Trade assets for futures with more upside, get a new coach and hopefully a high draft pick.
We are 5-4-1 and still haven't been remotely healthy. Time to throw in the towel with an aging core that can't be moved? That's a very bad idea.

Oct 18, 2011
We are 5-4-1 and still haven't been remotely healthy. Time to throw in the towel with an aging core that can't be moved? That's a very bad idea.
When we were healthy last year the same problems existed. The wings we are missing won't significantly swing the shot counts or how we defend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->