Injury Report: Gibbons out 2-3 weeks Wennberg Goloubef recalled

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Wennberg I get, why Goloubef?

Edit: OK< he had to be recalled due to conditioning assignment. So we roll with 8 D?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Goloubef only played 3 games on his conditioning assignment. I can't imagine they will let him in a game any time soon? Are they that afraid of losing him to waivers to not just outright demote him?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
shocked it wasn't Kerby...

As am I, but hopefully being sent down sparked something for Wennberg. Not holding my breath but my expectations are still pretty high for him. He was a + player in Springfield and had a few assists. We'll see how it turns out.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
shocked it wasn't Kerby...

I don't know...given the way the team's playing now, an injection of skill could pay off. Depending on what they have in mind, Wennberg may be able to play a role closer to what they intended at the beginning of the season than what he was forced into with the injury outbreak.

Curious to see what they do with him this time...and what he does with the opportunity.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't know...given the way the team's playing now, an injection of skill could pay off. Depending on what they have in mind, Wennberg may be able to play a role closer to what they intended at the beginning of the season than what he was forced into with the injury outbreak.

Curious to see what they do with him this time...and what he does with the opportunity.

Most definitely...:sarcasm: ? :laugh:

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
I'm genuinely curious to see whether or not Wennberg actually scores a goal this time. It's like he has some weird phobia of putting the puck in the net.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I'm genuinely curious to see whether or not Wennberg actually scores a goal this time. It's like he has some weird phobia of putting the puck in the net.

Might have something to do with that half of the people in this team who know how to build modern offensive movement and passing are first season rookies. Then you have Atkinson letting them fly constantly.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Goloubef only played 3 games on his conditioning assignment. I can't imagine they will let him in a game any time soon? Are they that afraid of losing him to waivers to not just outright demote him?

Exactly what I'm wondering. It's not fair to the kid to just hold onto him and bury him in the press box just because you're afraid to lose him. Send him through waivers or trade him somewhere so he can actually play.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I realize Gibbons isn't one of our elite players, but this injury thing is just completely baffling. How can one team get hit with and endure so many injuries?

This is just mind boggling. Not to mention it seems to come in two's and three's as we learn Jenner is also out.

Unreal.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
and now with Collins and Wennberg back in the lineup, we're pretty much back to the crap team that started the season.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Unless guys like Johansen, Dubinsky, Foligno, Atkinson, Calvert and Bobrovsky really step up, and play like they're capable of, and then some, we're pretty much ****ed.

Playoffs looking like a long shot once again.

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
I realize Gibbons isn't one of our elite players, but this injury thing is just completely baffling. How can one team get hit with and endure so many injuries?

This is just mind boggling. Not to mention it seems to come in two's and three's as we learn Jenner is also out.

Unreal.

Hopefully they are bringing in some outside experts to look at the entire strength, flexibility, fitness and health programs for the team. Some times coincidences are just that, but sometimes you make your own luck.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Keep in mind that Wennberg plays on the PK as well. Rychel does not. Wennberg is a very smart player and it he isn't forced to play in difficult positions too often he can help on the PK and at ES.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Unless guys like Johansen, Dubinsky, Foligno, Atkinson, Calvert and Bobrovsky really step up, and play like they're capable of, and then some, we're pretty much ****ed.

Playoffs looking like a long shot once again.
We've already got Absurd Insanity Awesome out of Foligno and lately Bobrovsky, so we're at least partway there. I don't think any of them have really been "below what they're capable of."
EDIT: well, okay, unless folks were hoping Atkinson to take another big step forward, which he obviously hasn't. He's still on pace for over 20 goals, tho.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
We've already got Absurd Insanity Awesome out of Foligno and lately Bobrovsky, so we're at least partway there. I don't think any of them have really been "below what they're capable of."
EDIT: well, okay, unless folks were hoping Atkinson to take another big step forward, which he obviously hasn't. He's still on pace for over 20 goals, tho.

I know Foligno and Bob have been awesome. My point is that they need to continue, and the guys that have been sub-par really need to pick it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad