Signing(s): Giants hire OC Ben McAdoo as their new HC

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I mean I don't think this will go well from a fans perspective but it makes sense for now. I think they were afraid of losing him. He makes Manning more useful than he should be(or is that Beckham?) Minnesota game could let you debate that...or they quit. I think they were afraid that the Eagles might want him.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Spags is a good DC if he has the horses but isn't the type to elevate average or below average personnel.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Absolutely love bringing McAdoo up to the HC position. Such a great move. I wanted Jackson a bit more and had McDaniels as my #1, but McAdoo was right up there with them to me.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Don't see them being anything special with that D. They'd be smart to move on from JPP. When they figure out the D Manning will be close to done. He's already 35. He's got a short window with Manning but they have to fix the D. God knows what QB they will get after him. They have nobody waiting in the wings anyway.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
They have time to rebuild the defense. Specifically the front 7. When healthy the secondary is a good group.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Skip Bayless made a fair point today. What exactly has Ben McAdoo done to deserve a head coaching job? Was it really his offense or was it Beckham? You certainly could say its the latter. Its not like they had an amazing running game. I mean he's never even fully coached a tram before in HS or college. He was a grad assistant twice. He never really had a consistent growth anywhere. He got lucky, met Mike McCarthy and benefited from having a certain QB for the offense.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
he ran a very nice offense last year. he was an offensive coordinator and got promoted from within. one wide receiver doesnt make an offense. the team didnt have a great running game but its not like they had a great running back. jennings is a nice back. williams sucks. vereen isnt an everydown back. if coordinators cant get a head coaching gig because they never had a HC job before than theyd never get a HC gig...

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't think anyone doubts that he would get one eventually. Just seems kind of fast.

NFC East coaches in 1990

Joe Gibbs, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Buddy Ryan.

In 2016-Jay Gruden, Jason Garrett, Doug Pedersen, Ben McAdoo. Kinda crazy.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The other part....they didn't really go in a new direction. They just went with a guy who was there. I think its fair to question the hire. I mean its not like they looked for an improvement.

On the flip side the Eagles fire Kelly and were looking at Coughlin who had a worse record the last 3 years. I think difference is perception. The Kelly era had no discipline and was loose as a goose. Coughlin would run a tough ship and run a discipline accountable team. From that perspective downgrades in performance of recent note work for me. Its like for example after Wrecks Ryan gets fired in Buffalo they should get a hard ass to be the next coach.

May 23, 2012
This is strictly an Eli hire meaning they hired this guy to 'fix' Eli. Can't argue with it, but how many good years does Eli have left?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
he ran a very nice offense last year. he was an offensive coordinator and got promoted from within. one wide receiver doesnt make an offense. the team didnt have a great running game but its not like they had a great running back. jennings is a nice back. williams sucks. vereen isnt an everydown back. if coordinators cant get a head coaching gig because they never had a HC job before than theyd never get a HC gig...

Arguable. In the last 2 years Antonio Brown has missed I heard 88 plays. In those 88 plays? The Steelers average 1.5 yards per play.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
McAdoo is absolutely cleaning house right now. Getting rid of almost all of TC's old guard position coaches and the Strength & Conditioning coach. This is absolutely fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad