Ghost of Tsushima

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Im excited for the story but I get the feeling there's gonna be a ton of bases that need clearing, lookout towers that need climbing, and collectibles that need collecting in this game. Would love something truly unique.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm intrigued, but gonna wait on reviews and friends' feedback.

IMO, Sucker Punch peaked with the Sly Cooper games on PS2. Infamous was pretty good, Infamous 2 was mediocre, Second Son was boring, and the Second Son standalone DLC thing was downright bad.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Im excited for the story but I get the feeling there's gonna be a ton of bases that need clearing, lookout towers that need climbing, and collectibles that need collecting in this game. Would love something truly unique.
Yeah I was intrigued when it was announced but from what I've seen it reminds me too much of AssCreed.

That said, they really haven't shown much in general so who knows how this will turn out

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Looks awesome. Being able to play it in Japanese is especially appealing.

Unfortunately I don't have a PS4 anymore. Unsure if I'll get a PS5.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like heresy, but does anyone else get some serious Assassin's Creed vibes?

More old-style AC, with counter-heavy combat and stealth.

It was my first thought, although I'm sure there are better comparisons...:laugh:

It looks pretty great. Personally, I'm a bit worried by how open-worldy it seems to be, but if they can pull off something closer to the Witcher style I will be very intrigued.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like heresy, but does anyone else get some serious Assassin's Creed vibes?

More old-style AC, with counter-heavy combat and stealth.

It was my first thought, although I'm sure there are better comparisons...:laugh:

It looks pretty great. Personally, I'm a bit worried by how open-worldy it seems to be, but if they can pull off something closer to the Witcher style I will be very intrigued.

The last video posted, practically everything is in AC. The ? for locations that have objectives for rewards, calling a horse, assassinations/chain assassinations, deception, looting wood for crafting, upgrades with special traits, customizing armor, jumping on objects/rocks, different play styles (overt vs covert)

Of course its not like all these things are only in AC games: Witcher, Shadows of Modor, Farcry, RDD? Plus others I'm sure but AC has all and is a big franchise, so yeah it gives vibes

The bow and assassination is like AC but the sword combat reminded me more of the Witcher

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
There is possibly overly hopeful voice in my head telling me this will be Breath of the Wild with blood and murder!

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
There is possibly overly hopeful voice in my head telling me this will be Breath of the Wild with blood and murder!
The thing about breath of the wild that open world games still aren't getting right is that it didn't litter the map with icons. It trusted the players to explore and find interesting things and place their own icons. It was a brilliant strategy that I'm still confused why hasn't been emulated nearly enough.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Just watched SkillUp's and ACG's reviews and they both loved it. I'll have to wait to pick it up but this seems like the swan song the PS4 deserves.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

Ive seen a few reviews and it seems like my prediction was correct, it's a solid game but it's another Ubisoft style focus grouped open world game where you clear map markers

Wish devs would either find a new way to create content and or just cut that stuff altogether.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com

Ive seen a few reviews and it seems like my prediction was correct, it's a solid game but it's another Ubisoft style focus grouped open world game where you clear map markers

Wish devs would either find a new way to create content and or just cut that stuff altogether.

That was sort of the feeling I got from seeing the commercial, I love the samurai vibe and graphics, but I've gotten enough radiant quests after Fallout 4. And after awhile, I only liked that, as I have it for PC, and could mod it. And Bethesda's broken physics and humor, both of which added to the 'experience'. The Outer Worlds was a bit of let down too, even though it was in my wheelhouse, setting wise.

Open world can be done well/better in some areas (BoTW), but it's tough not to become repetitive. Flip side, linear games are linear.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
That was sort of the feeling I got from seeing the commercial, I love the samurai vibe and graphics, but I've gotten enough radiant quests after Fallout 4. And after awhile, I only liked that, as I have it for PC, and could mod it. And Bethesda's broken physics and humor, both of which added to the 'experience'. The Outer Worlds was a bit of let down too, even though it was in my wheelhouse, setting wise.

Open world can be done well/better in some areas (BoTW), but it's tough not to become repetitive. Flip side, linear games are linear.
I'd rather linear tbh. Look at what Capcom has done with linear games. Resident Evil remakes, RE7, Devil may Cry, Dead Rising, monster hunter, etc. etc.

Linear games can have just as much playtime through replayability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad