Ghost of Tsushima: Legends - Free DLC drops tomorrow.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Can't wait for this, very much looking forward to it. The story and setting were absolutely beautiful, and co-op online should be wonderful.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Question - Is there a plan for PS5 for this or enhanced version? Backwards compatible? Dont know if I am grabbing a PS5 right away (prob not) but wanted to see if this was on the list.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Reactions: sa cyred

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
You can get dogs to follow you and attack for you, apparently
If you choose to be a Ronin. Getting Platinum on this game was probably the most fun i have had in obtaining that trophy with any game i have played. It drops @ 8am PT today.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I got bored of the single player (It's a personal problem I have with every game like this, so don't judge!), but I'm definitely interested in the multiplayer for this, especially fighting wave of enemies. That should be mindless fun.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Co-op is buggy but its a free DLC so i'm sure they will tweak some things. Overall though it is pretty fun and the stories are awesome. The survival aspect is what i enjoy the most.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I'm actually REALLY happy with the New Game+ mode. I was right at the end of the campaign and waited for NG+ to drop before I finished it all the way and restarted. I love all the extra cosmetics. I'm huge on photo mode and aesthetic, so having new gear available is always great.

The new charms can be used to either provide more of a handicap, or just make the gameplay a little more interesting. One charm adds a chance for lightning to strike opponents when using Heavenly Strike, one allows you to sneak up on Mongol dogs and befriend them and use them as allies, one of them just makes combat bloodier. Some of them make you use double focus for abilities, or other handicaps.

The customized load-out options save a ton of time and are a great QOL update.

Overall, it's not just a multi-player mode, but an awesome single player update as well.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm actually REALLY happy with the New Game+ mode. I was right at the end of the campaign and waited for NG+ to drop before I finished it all the way and restarted. I love all the extra cosmetics. I'm huge on photo mode and aesthetic, so having new gear available is always great.

The new charms can be used to either provide more of a handicap, or just make the gameplay a little more interesting. One charm adds a chance for lightning to strike opponents when using Heavenly Strike, one allows you to sneak up on Mongol dogs and befriend them and use them as allies, one of them just makes combat bloodier. Some of them make you use double focus for abilities, or other handicaps.

The customized load-out options save a ton of time and are a great QOL update.

Overall, it's not just a multi-player mode, but an awesome single player update as well.

I kind of wish I had waited for NG+ before beating the game. It seems like a lot of the quality of life improvements are just what I wanted when I was playing through the original game.

I've played a couple of the co-op stories. They're fun if you're paired with someone looking to play the same way you are (stealth or brute force).

I'm happy to see the DLC still looks incredible. The painting of the samurai in front of a red moon when they are introducing the new ghosts is something I would legitimately buy and put up in my office.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Took this and it has become my wallpaper for everything so far:
Eki2nPDWAAATzMN

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Tried it a bit. Way too buggy at the moment, but the potential is there.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How's everyone liking the update so far?

Loving it so far. Lot of bugs as you mentioned but that's the case with everg multiplayer game when it first launches.

Story was fun but survival is just a blast if you have a solid group. Havent gotten to play as much as I would like tho so still hunting for that first legendary weapon

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Loving it so far. Lot of bugs as you mentioned but that's the case with everg multiplayer game when it first launches.

Story was fun but survival is just a blast if you have a solid group. Havent gotten to play as much as I would like tho so still hunting for that first legendary weapon
Yeah, it's a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what it'll be like in 6 months from now, though the next gen systems coming out may put a damper on that.

The only draw back regarding survival is how time consuming it is, but it is a ton of fun.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Any tips on what skills to unlock in the early game? There are so many darn options!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Beat the main story and all of the side stories. Overall really well done! Loved all of it, time to polish off some of the last trophies and then I'll try out the online stuff!

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Beat the main story and all of the side stories. Overall really well done! Loved all of it, time to polish off some of the last trophies and then I'll try out the online stuff!
Such a great game. I'm working through a New Game+ on Lethal+ difficulty right now and it's still fun! Doing most side stories this time than the first time through.

Online looks fun, but I've barely touched it so far.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Such a great game. I'm working through a New Game+ on Lethal+ difficulty right now and it's still fun! Doing most side stories this time than the first time through.
I have heard Lethal is awesome since Jin's katana also does more damage and it makes everything feel like higher stakes. I'll likely follow suit and start a new game+ soon.

The side missions are all really awesome imo. Really like some of the longer tale story lines!

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I have heard Lethal is awesome since Jin's katana also does more damage and it makes everything feel like higher stakes. I'll likely follow suit and start a new game+ soon.

The side missions are all really awesome imo. Really like some of the longer tale story lines!
Yeah, it definitely makes it more intense in battles, certainly makes you have to be a lot sharper. There's even a charm that will make it so that getting hit once will kill Jin. Makes it more realistic, in a way.

Reactions: robertmac43

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Finally got Ghost of Tsushima. Was on sale a few times on PSN store but wanted the disc. Bestbuy has it 50% off.

Glad I waited, the 4k 60 fps patch on PS5 is great.

The nice thing about disc too is it installs really fast. 50 GB install in 30 minutes.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Just finished this game. What a wonderful game to finish off the year with. As a fan of both Japanese and Mongol history, it was directly up my alley. Pretty easily a 10/10 for me. Absolutely superb gameplay, production, story, music, visuals, everything.

What a punch to the gut of an ending. Super sad. Hit me right in the feels, thats for sure. I ended up killing Lord Shimura. I rationalized it as he raised Jin and was clearly very important to him, and he deserved the honourable death. Is there a "good" or "bad" ending? They both seem kind of terrible. Poor Jin

In regards to the patch - I only got the game a few weeks ago. I didnt notice loadouts? I was able to select my armour, helmet, and mask. Is there something im missing?

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->