Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
DistantMildCougar-size_restricted.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
One play that has always stuck in my mind as one of my favorite plays from Ghost is actually one I can't find on youtube. I am 99% sure it was a go ahead goal (don't remember who scored) with like 2 minutes left against the Maple Leafs where Flyers were in their own zone and Ghost jumped up to cut off a pass in the slot and sprang himself forward on an odd man rush. Can't remember if he or someone else scored.

Unless of course I made this all up because I am a Ghost lover
Watch Ghost's entire point streak in one video

Think it's the first one in the clip. He picked off Rielly and at the time there was a big debate between the two on the main boards so that was extra sweet.

There was also the OT winner to extend his rookie point streak in Toronto.

So many clutch moments.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I said it a long time ago but he was basically the Giroux of the defense.

Tons of skill, tons of creativity, pulled off moves others couldn't, and was exciting to watch every night.

It’s insane that we found someone this good in the 3rd round, saw what he could do in multiple seasons, and then promptly did everything possible to make sure he couldn’t do it again.

I know we disagree time to time but Ghost got the short end of the stick. You have to be blind to not see the talent there that wasn't correctly utilized.

Only a moron of a coach would pull him after that game in Montreal and yet he did.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Watch Ghost's entire point streak in one video

Think it's the first one in the clip. He picked off Rielly and at the time there was a big debate between the two on the main boards so that was extra sweet.

There was also the OT winner to extend his rookie point streak in Toronto.

So many clutch moments.

I really wonder what on earth this team has been thinking in regards to him.

Edit : No I dont. They post stupid ass signs like "no one is bigger than the team"

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know we disagree time to time but Ghost got the short end of the stick. You have to be blind to not see the talent there that wasn't correctly utilized.

Only a moron of a coach would pull him after that game in Montreal and yet he did.
And that’s the worst part. Who knows what else he could’ve done in these past 3 years if he had just been consistently used as he was in 2017-2018.

He doesn’t have that 65 point career year if he’s on the bottom pair with Hagg, same as Couturier doesnt go from being “Cantscorier”, who has never hit 20 goals or 40 points, to multiple time 30+ goal, 70+ point, Selke-winning 1C overnight, as soon as his usage changed.

Imagine if Couturier was suddenly sent back to the third line because his winger had a bad start to the season. Think of what we would’ve missed out on and the hit his value would’ve taken. Unfortunately for Ghost, that’s exactly what happened and then Fletcher decided to ruin our cap situation with 4 horrible signings, leading us to where we are now. Fun times.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnS and Domino666

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He wasn’t nearly the same player the last 3 years.

He’s said it himself, citing injuries.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
And that’s the worst part. Who knows what else he could’ve done in these past 3 years if he had just been consistently used, as he was in 2017-2018?

He doesn’t have that 65 point career year if he’s on the bottom pair with Hagg, same as Couturier doesnt go from being “Cantscorier”, who has never hit 20 goals or 40 points, to multiple time 30+ goal, 70+ point, Selke-winning 1C overnight, as soon as his usage changed.

Imagine if Couturier was suddenly sent back to the third line because his winger had a bad start to the season. Think of what we would’ve missed out on and the hit his value would’ve taken. Unfortunately for Ghost, that’s exactly what happened and then Fletcher decided to ruin our cap situation with 4 horrible signings, leading us to where we are now. Fun times.

The Flyers really do everything they can to reduce a player's value if you don't fit their square peg into a square hole philosophy.

I do recall "Couturier is a 3rd line center" nonsense and it does have a very similar aspect to what is going on now.

Remember when people called Provorov a #1? Good times. It's almost like loads of people and GMs can't help themselves with their biases.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
He wasn’t nearly the same player the last 3 years.

He’s said it himself, citing injuries.

Well if it's injuries holding the player back you don't sell them at a value below zero. Get him healthy, let him rebound and then sell above zero.

To quote it in stock terms. Bears make money, bulls make money, and sheep get slaughtered. The Flyers are sheeps.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Well if it's injuries holding the player back you don't sell them at a value below zero. Get him healthy, let him rebound and then sell above zero.

To quote it in stock terms. Bears make money, bulls make money, and sheep get slaughtered. The Flyers are sheeps.

How much value realistically could have been added? This was the third attempt to give him away and they still had to pay.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Up there with Giroux and Lindros in terms of how exciting he was early on.
Yep.

His start (and finish) in 2015-16 is one of the highlights of the decade for the Flyers. So many amazing plays, so innovative, game after game after game. I know we all watched the plays over and over. I just wish he could've got the Calder...beat out Eichel and McDavid, only to lose out to Panarin. But still great.

All the best GhostBear...I'll always root for you.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Watch him and Chychrun play together and go nuts next year and thoroughly embarrass Cuck Fletcher and the fanbase who can’t evaluate defensemen.

Their team will still suck because it’s Arizona, but hopefully they can individually rub it in the Flyers faces a bit.

Reactions: Canfly

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Gonna miss those strong Ghost bombs from the point, Flyers don’t really have a good point shooter now, well maybe Sanheim but the Ghost bomb will be missed nonetheless.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Watch him and Chychrun play together and go nuts next year and thoroughly embarrass Cuck Fletcher and the fanbase who can’t evaluate defensemen.

Their team will still suck because it’s Arizona, but hopefully they can individually rub it in the Flyers faces a bit.
chychrun is already a stud so it would definitely be interesting to see his numbers with ghost next to him. Those two would make a great combo

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost was a shame, dynamic player before he had a series of injuries, that college championship run was amazing.

But those who think he's close to the player he was even three years ago are delusional, watching guys with good but not great speed blow by him after turnovers made his loss of speed and burst apparent. He could compensate for being undersized with his agility and offensive skills, but even in 2017-18, the Pens exposed his limitations in the playoffs, he couldn't handle an aggressive forecheck. Now he has to be highly sheltered to be effective.

Ghost was healthy last year, looked better than the previous two seasons but nothing like 2017-18, much less Mt Union Ghost.
And after having both knees scoped last year, my suspicion is his knees will have him out of the NHL in a couple years, at his size, he can't afford to lose any more speed/agility.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->