Ghost Appreciation Thread

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
When I watched him in the Ahl, a year or two before his 60 points breakout season, you could see he was ahead of everyone in term of speed and puck decisions skills. And he became a very solid Nhler after.

He's still better than most third pairing guys.

Unfortunately his lack of physicality and defensive awareness ended his reign in philie . I think.

Best of luck for him with the Coyotes. If they can find a good spot for him He'll become a regular there I'm pretty shure.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
One play that has always stuck in my mind as one of my favorite plays from Ghost is actually one I can't find on youtube. I am 99% sure it was a go ahead goal (don't remember who scored) with like 2 minutes left against the Maple Leafs where Flyers were in their own zone and Ghost jumped up to cut off a pass in the slot and sprang himself forward on an odd man rush. Can't remember if he or someone else scored.

Unless of course I made this all up because I am a Ghost lover

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'll never forget being in awe watching him totally dominate the National Championship game for Union. He lived up to the hype for a while there too before being castrated by the coaching staff. Godspeed Ghost, you were loved by many and also hated by many.
That National Game was a thing of beauty to watch. Ghost was dominant.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
One play that has always stuck in my mind as one of my favorite plays from Ghost is actually one I can't find on youtube. I am 99% sure it was a go ahead goal (don't remember who scored) with like 2 minutes left against the Maple Leafs where Flyers were in their own zone and Ghost jumped up to cut off a pass in the slot and sprang himself forward on an odd man rush. Can't remember if he or someone else scored.

Unless of course I made this all up because I am a Ghost lover

It's definitely the latter.

Reactions: landsbergfan

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
The one prospect in my time as a Flyers fan that I was most excited about. I remember trying to find streams and radio for his games at Union when I was at college. Watched him at the WJC, Frozen Four where he was dominant in the National Championship game, rookie year where he re-energized this fan base. Good luck Ghost. Tons of great memories.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I said it a long time ago but he was basically the Giroux of the defense.

Tons of skill, tons of creativity, pulled off moves others couldn't, and was exciting to watch every night.

It’s insane that we found someone this good in the 3rd round, saw what he could do in multiple seasons, and then promptly did everything possible to make sure he couldn’t do it again.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
One final lap...

QOWvnhM.gif

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
That streak where Giroux Ghost and Voracek won every overtime and Ghost was on that incredible point streak is the most exciting this team has been since 2010. That was amazing to watch. I love Ghost and seeing him get pushed out of the organization the last few years hurts. I hope he f***ing lights it up for Arizona and against the Flyers.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
That streak where Giroux Ghost and Voracek won every overtime and Ghost was on that incredible point streak is the most exciting this team has been since 2010. That was amazing to watch. I love Ghost and seeing him get pushed out of the organization the last few years hurts. I hope he f***ing lights it up for Arizona and against the Flyers.
Facts

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad