Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
chevybob7 said:
I see Getzlaf got sent down. Do you think he'll return to become a future 1st liner with star potential, or be destined to just an average NHL career?

I don't think the fact that he was sent down for the first time in his professional career diminishes the fact that he's got top line upside.

I've had the luxury of watching him for two years. If he learns to stay interested and keep his feet moving, he'll definitely be a first line player.

Phanuthier*

Bright.

He'll need some good coaching though. He's been a bit of a head case in Calgary, but with some good coaching and dicipline, you can't help but drool over his size and skill.

Transported Upstater

I've said it a thousand times, and gotten laughed at for it, but I like Getzlaf more than Corey Perry, and always have.

Getzlaf will be an excellent player at the NHL level IMO, and I'm not a Ducks fan saying this.

I thought Getzlaf played very well in the U-20s last year, and his size, strength, aggressiveness and versatility make him a blue-chipper in my view.

Being sent down to Portland is not a slight to Getzlaf. He and Perry were simply sent down to get scoring-line minutes and experience, which I originally disagreed with, but I don't have a problem with it now.

Getzlaf isn't a finished product, but he'll be quite solid.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
At worst Getzlaf will be a good second liner. At best he can still be a franchise first liner.

He is in the AHL right now because he needs the playing time to continue his development, along with Corey Perry, not because his future is in anyway cloudy.

He has already had a few games in the NHL where he was Anaheim's best player, better than Fedorov(before the trade), Sykora, Selanne, Lupul etc.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Getzlaf has an extremely bright future.

Big, fast and extremely skilled=success.

I wouldn't buy into the garbage that the guy is lazy and a headcase, he's going to be a player for the Ducks

Randall Graves*

chevybob7 said:
I see Getzlaf got sent down. Do you think he'll return to become a future 1st liner with star potential, or be destined to just an average NHL career?
He was sent down because of a numbers game, not really anything he did or didn't do. I like him, he's huge, much bigger than I thought. He can fire the puck and can pass it, one thing I would like him to do is initiate more contact.

PJ Wiggum

Jun 7, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
I don't think being sent down hurts his long term potential in any way, if anything it will help his development to get more ice time. As a Habs fan he was the guy I wanted them to pick 10th overall and I still stand by my choice, even ahead of Carter.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
and the silliness in this thread ensues!

The young man is a big boy, like most big boys they take a small time longer to develop, eg. Thorton, Bertuzzi, etc, etc. There is in no way he cant dominate for a very long time along the west coast...

Phanuthier*

Big Deaner said:
Big, fast and extremely skilled=success.

I wouldn't buy into the garbage that the guy is lazy and a headcase, he's going to be a player for the Ducks
I don't think its garbage, but I don't think that should take anything away from Getzlaf.

Man I wish he was a Flames prospect instead. There arn't many guys out there like him. He's a gem.

jr77812

Dec 9, 2002
Maine
Visit site
In Portland:
4 games 2 goals 6 assists 8 points +4

Nah...no good. :sarcasm:

Burke should trade him for a bag of pucks and a late rounder before he continues to put up 2 pts a game in the A and really proves he's no good. :shakehead

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Well atleast Ducks will get a top enforcer in return if they ever decide to trade Getzlaf!

Randall Graves*

Phanuthier said:
I don't think its garbage, but I don't think that should take anything away from Getzlaf.

Man I wish he was a Flames prospect instead. There arn't many guys out there like him. He's a gem.
He's pretty media savvy, in his interviews he hasn't come off in a bad way at all.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
RallyKiller said:
He's pretty media savvy, in his interviews he hasn't come off in a bad way at all.

He obviously played his junior in Calgary and he was known for being a head case. Last year if I remember correctly he had the "C" taken away and was in trouble a few times with the Hitman GM.

However I believe he will be a real good NHLer, I believe it was a good move to send him to AHL.

Transported Upstater

Jon Prescription said:
Dale Purinton for Getzlaf and a 2nd

Paging Brian Burke...Please put Glen Sather on your speed dial...

(I kid, Ducks fans...) :D

Transported Upstater

hockeyman28 said:
partly cloudy, with a 20 % chance of rain.

In Syracuse, that translates to "overcast, with drizzle for the next 2 weeks."

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Jon Prescription said:
Dale Purinton for Getzlaf and a 2nd

Actually the Anaheim enforcer jokes are getting old. Burke realized Fedoruk was enough in the new NHL and Moen was a good middleweight to back him up. Brennan and Gillies are in the minors.

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
Getzlaf brings a lot more to the table than Perry. He's got size, skill, leadership and if his head gets screwed in the right way, he could be a special player. Future looks bright.

jr77812

Dec 9, 2002
Maine
Visit site
And he brought another two point night in the AHL tonight. That's 2 g 8 a for 10 pts in 5 games for those counting. ;)

Perry only managed a goal so he is dropped off the pace slightly. :shakehead 4 g 5 a 9 pts in 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad