Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
superroyain10 said:
I have always liked Perry. I think the questions surrounding him are a thing of the past.
So you're saying that he gained 30 lbs. and learned to stay up on his feet over the past three months?

If it's between Getzlaf and Perry, it's no contest.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Charlie_Girl said:
So you're saying that he gained 30 lbs. and learned to stay up on his feet over the past three months?

If it's between Getzlaf and Perry, it's no contest.

Perry has strengths and vision that make up for his weaknesses and he's constantly being underestimated (often by people who just don't like him or his style). He wasn't the best player on the best team in Canada just by coincidence.

Tom

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
thomasincanada said:
Perry has strengths and vision that make up for his weaknesses and he's constantly being underestimated (often by people who just don't like him or his style). He wasn't the best player on the best team in Canada just by coincidence.

Tom
I agree that his vision is very good, but I don't think there's anyone who would say that he doesn't need to put on size/muscle or that his skating doesn't need a lot of work.

You're right on one point - I don't like his style, but I haven't stated anything that's new. Getzlaf right now doesn't have a glaring weakness in his game, which is why I said "no contest". That's not to say that Perry can't become a strong player, but he has work to do. Time will tell whether he's able to translate his junior success to the NHL.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I think Getzlaf will be more of a leader and better two way player and Perry will be a offensive star if he can put on some weight and his game translates from Junior to the NHL.

Habs33

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
so i'm to far fetched to think that getzalf has joe sakic potential?

who are the joe sakics of 2003 draft, if any?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Habs33 said:
so i'm to far fetched to think that getzalf has joe sakic potential?

who are the joe sakics of 2003 draft, if any?

Based on the games that they play, I'd say.
Jeff Carter.
Jeff Tambellini.

Habs33

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
Based on the games that they play, I'd say.
Jeff Carter.
Jeff Tambellini.

wow you are high on tambellini...any reason for this?
tambellini looks more like a porman's roenick to me.

just saying this cause he did not make the hf top 50.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Habs33 said:
wow you are high on tambellini...any reason for this?
tambellini looks more like a porman's roenick to me.

just saying this cause he did not make the hf top 50.

Not close to Roenick at all really. A poor man's Bure may be more fitting.

HF's top 50 isn't the end all and be all.

Tambellini has great speed, and a great shot(his wrister is in the same league as Sakic's). His leadership and defense have improved greatly since he first entered college. While he doesn't play center, he does have similar traits as Joe, except he's faster.

We'll have to see how he pans out, but yes, I am very high on him. I think he'll end up being the best of the Kings prospects.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
thomasincanada said:

Tom

actually, i love watching perry play more than almost any other prospects, other than sid the kid. I love watching him dangle. Do you remember that goal where he went through the legs of a defenseman, back through again and then shot, all while he was standing still? that was hot stuff. I simply think getzlaf is better and will be better overall, i think perry is weak on his skates, but i like him and his dazzling skillset.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
thomasincanada said:

Tom

Don't get me wrong... I like Perry alot - he has sick skill and can dangle... but I would take Getzlaf over him in heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->