Getzlaf thanks the refs (rival to Giroux's trolling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
Well the Ducks did get an unsportsmanlike penalty for disagreeing with an off-sides call which clearly wasn't off-sides, and then the Leafs score on that power play. But yeah, Getzlaf should have patted the ref on the back instead for the stellar officiating.

The Ducks should have taken the bad call like men instead of *****ing out the ref. You know, kinda like how the Ducks didn't keep the puck in the Leafs zone earlier in the game but the ref didn't call offside while standing directly on top of the puck. The Leafs didn't ***** out the ref. The Ducks were offside all night last night, I think they set a record, and they were legit offside barring that ONE which, IMHO, offset the one they got away with.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
The Ducks should have taken the bad call like men instead of *****ing out the ref. You know, kinda like how the Ducks didn't keep the puck in the Leafs zone earlier in the game but the ref didn't call offside while standing directly on top of the puck. The Leafs didn't ***** out the ref. The Ducks were offside all night last night, I think they set a record, and they were legit offside barring that ONE which, IMHO, offset the one they got away with.

lol so sarcastically clapping your hands makes them childish? Some people are just ridiculous...

The Ducks didn't deserve to win this game. The officiating was a joke all game. They made a ton of bad calls on offsides.

There's a ton of people on here who like to make something big out of nothing.

SwollenGoat

Sep 23, 2008
South River
lol so sarcastically clapping your hands makes them childish? Some people are just ridiculous...

The Ducks didn't deserve to win this game. The officiating was a joke all game. They made a ton of bad calls on offsides.

I wouldn't say childish as much as unprofessional. Bad calls happen,Getzlaf I'm sure has had more than his fair share go his teams way too. Suck it up.

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga

I never said it was childish but now that you mention it, yeah it was a little childish. Bad calls all around but only the Ducks (Getz) were complaining relentlessly about it to their own detriment. To be honest some (2-3) of your players did their team a disservice last night.

To be clear, even though I am a Leaf fan I have to say that I LIKE the Ducks. They are a very exciting team to watch for their speed and toughness.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
LOL. This is even funnier than what Giroux did. :laugh: Can we keep it clean and just appreciate the humor?

MeekNextBantamrooster.gif

saw this last night. thought it was hilarious

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I never said it was childish but now that you mention it, yeah it was a little childish. Bad calls all around but only the Ducks (Getz) were complaining relentlessly about it to their own detriment.

All teams and players handle unwarranted adversity a little more relaxed on nights when things are looking up for them already. You don't see many teams losing their composure when up by a few. It was a crappy night for the Ducks, they were unfortunate, didn't finish, got crappy goaltending and their last chance to come back was all but taken away on a bogus call. Sure, Getzlaf's reaction didn't help, but it was over, and I'm quite okay with him losing this amount of composure under those circumstances.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
He seemed rattled last night. Was getting upset pretty frequently. Maybe his hairline is a result of the stress from playing in the NHL.

SwollenGoat

Sep 23, 2008
South River
I'd expect the captain of an NHL team to handle a situation like this with professionalism, not acting out like a pee wee player. I guess if you are ok with that, then that says something about your level of maturity too.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Ducks were very whiney this game... If they could have finished on their multiple chances they would have won the game. Not the Refs fault.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'd expect the captain of an NHL team to handle a situation like this with professionalism, not acting out like a pee wee player. I guess if you are ok with that, then that says something about your level of maturity too.

Says the guy with a Don Cherry avatar.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Man the TML must really be turning the corner if they got Getzlaf, a premier player in this league and leader of the NHL's finest, to dive AND mock the refs in the same game. This is definitely a sign that they are "for real".

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Bottling up your emotions, even if they aren't reasonable, all the time isn't maturity. Common mistake to make.

Ducks were very whiney this game... If they could have finished on their multiple chances they would have won the game. Not the Refs fault.
True. They were frustrated over the way the game went and it got to them. It was still a bogus call and the frustration over that on a frustrating night to begin with is easy enough to understand, even if you disagree with the form it was shown.

TOML

Oct 4, 2006
Walnut Grove
Pretty funny. Not sure but it looks like Dion said something to him after the goal and Getzlaf went 'bravo' or 'good job'. I like Getzlaf more than Dion so this is okay. Surprised TO winning all these games despite being out-shot by quite a bit.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
Pretty funny. Not sure but it looks like Dion said something to him after the goal and Getzlaf went 'bravo' or 'good job'. I like Getzlaf more than Dion so this is okay. Surprised TO winning all these games despite being out-shot by quite a bit.

Well so far this year has been a bit better. Currently getting out shot by 3.5 shots per game, compared to 8 last year.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I never said it was childish but now that you mention it, yeah it was a little childish. Bad calls all around but only the Ducks (Getz) were complaining relentlessly about it to their own detriment. To be honest some (2-3) of your players did their team a disservice last night.

To be clear, even though I am a Leaf fan I have to say that I LIKE the Ducks. They are a very exciting team to watch for their speed and toughness.

Nothing had happened in that game (aside from the hand clap) that doesn't happen very often. It's not a disservice to the team. The refs were awful (in no way am I saying they cost the Ducks this game or were favoring Toronto), they deserved to be griped at. That was the most wrong offside calls I've ever seen in one game. Maybe there was slightly more complaining then usual, but when a game is officiated badly, that will happen.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Giroux cracks me up. As fierce a competitor as he is, he has a lot of fun on the ice. He can always been seen goofing around with the opposition and refs, particularly between whistles, but once the puck drops..he's not effing around.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Ducks and Getzlaf often get testy when things aren't going their way. They got pretty rattled in a game against sj earlier this year.

This was pretty funny.

DoubleDouble*

Getzlaf embellished. I think it was a trip or interference, but he really, really sold it. Watch it again. Watch his legs. It's reminiscent of when Avery went flying off of Jagr.

With that being said, I think this is a 4/5 classless Subbans. It's not the refs fault that the Ducks couldn't beat Bernier. The refs gifted the Ducks two first period powerplays they did not deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad