Getzlaf thanks the refs (rival to Giroux's trolling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
LOL. This is even funnier than what Giroux did. :laugh: Can we keep it clean and just appreciate the humor?

MeekNextBantamrooster.gif

Last edited:

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Typical of his childish behavior when things don't go his way. Big bald baby ...
Well the Ducks did get an unsportsmanlike penalty for disagreeing with an off-sides call which clearly wasn't off-sides, and then the Leafs score on that power play. But yeah, Getzlaf should have patted the ref on the back instead for the stellar officiating.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
There is a topic on the front page about Getzlaf diving. >_>

Exactly. It's on there because it's magnified by Leafs fans. It's arguable he just lost his balance and failed to regain it, but no. The first time I've noticed Getzlaf arguably dive he is now a diver. Your comment proves it. You come in here in an unrelated thread and call him a diver. Great. And when he complains about a really bad offside call vs the Leafs he's a whiner. All in the span of 2 hours.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Exactly. It's on there because it's magnified by Leafs fans. It's arguable he just lost his balance and failed to regain it, but no. The first time I've noticed Getzlaf arguably dive he is now a diver. Your comment proves it. You come in here in an unrelated thread and call him a diver. Great. And when he complains about a really bad offside call vs the Leafs he's a whiner. All in the span of 2 hours.

As someone who has nothing to gain, he dove.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
As someone who has nothing to gain, he dove.
He arguably lost balance, as also pointed out by fans of other teams, so you are just another opinion. Regardless, even if it were, calling him a "diver" as if it's a common occurrence from him is ridiculous.

Go to the other thread if you want to complain about it, or stay on topic.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Neutral fan that saw the calls. I agree with Getzlaf that was some nonsense. Not the most professional way of displaying it but then again, when it comes to arguing calls you're going to look like a baby regardlesss

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Well the Ducks did get an unsportsmanlike penalty for disagreeing with an off-sides call which clearly wasn't off-sides, and then the Leafs score on that power play. But yeah, Getzlaf should have patted the ref on the back instead for the stellar officiating.

:shakehead Stupid. Refs that act like they've never been chirped for a bad call before.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Also to be clear, The linesman missed an offside for the us in the 1st period when he was pretty much standing over the puck.

McLlwain

Trevor Forever
Jun 9, 2005
Cologne/Germany
Yeah, totally understandable reaction from Getzlaf.
I mean, it's not like the Ducks could have just killed that penalty like they did twice before during the game or score shorthanded for that matter. :sarcasm:

Tacos

Wheeeee
Feb 26, 2012
Dammit, get into a thread once again expect to see trolling, see none.

What I do see is Getzlaf mocking a ref.

Worst used terms on HF:
Trolling
Ironic
Quietly

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Ducks fans complaining about offsides?

They were rewarded with 2 HIGH quality scoring chances on 2 offside plays early in the game, with video evidence to support it...

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Dammit, get into a thread once again expect to see trolling, see none.

What I do see is Getzlaf mocking a ref.

Worst used terms on HF:
Trolling
Ironic
Quietly

Maybe we are quietly being ironic by saying he was trolling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad