Getzlaf Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
When I think of Getzlaf for some reason I think of Jason Arnott but with a bit better skill set and could be around that mark or a bit better.

Transported Upstater

I've been pimping Getzlaf for a while. He is one of my favorite players from the 2003 draft.

I really think he has All-Star potential down the line. I'm a big fan of his.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
Egghammer said:
What are everyone's opinion on Ryan Getzlaf?

What type of points and PIM's do you see him averaging for the next 5+ years

Thanks for the input

I'd say an average of a PPG throughout his NHL career is a safe bet.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
When I think of Getzlaf for some reason I think of Jason Arnott but with a bit better skill set and could be around that mark or a bit better.
is he a winger or a center?if he does playcenter, god he's EXACTLY wha the Habs need

Transported Upstater

Marcel the great! said:
is he a winger or a center?if he does playcenter, god he's EXACTLY wha the Habs need

He is an untouchable unless the Habs MASSIVELY overpay.

serum114

Mar 1, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
I think Arnott is a great comp, having watched Arnott in Edmonton and throughout his career and having watched Ryan with the Hitmen.

I'd say 30 goals, 60 points, 100 PIMs should be seen as an "average year" once he hits his prime.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
It all depends on where is heads at. On a good day, he's another Arnott, or poor mans Modano, great spped, skill and hands.
On a bad day, he's a Daigle, uninterested and no motivation.
Hope he makes it big...

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Loved the kid for years.

Probably one of my fav. prospects/draft picks from the past few years.

I'd his upside is second line center, 25-30 goals, 60-70 some odd points, 100 pim.

Peak is plus or a minus a little if he continues to progress to his skill level.

Don't think he's quite an ideal first liner.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
sbtatter said:
It all depends on where is heads at. On a good day, he's another Arnott, or poor mans Modano, great spped, skill and hands.
On a bad day, he's a Daigle, uninterested and no motivation.
Hope he makes it big...

I don't think the Daigle thing is fair, even when Getzlaf is not on his game offensively he brings his physical presence...something that Daigle does not have.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Edge said:
Loved the kid for years.

Probably one of my fav. prospects/draft picks from the past few years.

I'd his upside is second line center, 25-30 goals, 60-70 some odd points, 100 pim.

Peak is plus or a minus a little if he continues to progress to his skill level.

Don't think he's quite an ideal first liner.

I used to say 2nd line center upside...but he already looks that good...his upside is now 1st line franchise center...that may sound homerish but realistically if we are talking upside, the sky is the limit because he already looks like a legit 2nd line center who will only get better.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Egghammer said:
What are everyone's opinion on Ryan Getzlaf?

What type of points and PIM's do you see him averaging for the next 5+ years

Thanks for the input

35 g 55 a 90 pts 100 pims at his peak

Randall Graves*

He looks like a 2nd liner right now, he and Perry have great chemistry and I see them being 2/3 of the ducks first line in the near future.

Transported Upstater

RallyKiller said:
He looks like a 2nd liner right now, he and Perry have great chemistry and I see them being 2/3 of the ducks first line in the near future.

I personally see Getzlaf as more valuable than Perry will ever be, but I don't know the Ducks well.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
I don't think that 30G and 45A is out of the question at his peak.

I don't think he'll be the "ideal" 1st line center either, but Trevor Linden in his prime wasn't either and he did a fine job in Van-city.

Randall Graves*

TransportedUpstater said:
I personally see Getzlaf as more valuable than Perry will ever be, but I don't know the Ducks well.
I used to say the same thing til' I started watching Perry alot more. I think Perry has higher offensive potential, and Getzlaf looks to be a good all around player. With his shot I will be surprised if RG is not a 30 goal scorer.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
RallyKiller said:
I used to say the same thing til' I started watching Perry alot more. I think Perry has higher offensive potential, and Getzlaf looks to be a good all around player. With his shot I will be surprised if RG is not a 30 goal scorer.

I agree. :ducks

Something surprising about Getzlaf though is that he has an absolute CANON of a shot. He will be an excellent point man on the PP for years to come. :) He also plays on the PK already. The man has a future for sure. :yo:

Transported Upstater

RallyKiller said:

Make no mistake, I'm high on Perry too, but Getzlaf is my favorite Ducks player after Andy McDonald (who can be forgiven for going to Colgate :D ).

I think Perry is a 1st line type of player, whereas Getzlaf would be better off centering line 2.

Randall Graves*

Make no mistake, I'm high on Perry too, but Getzlaf is my favorite Ducks player after Andy McDonald (who can be forgiven for going to Colgate :D ).

I think Perry is a 1st line type of player, whereas Getzlaf would be better off centering line 2.
I would agree with this. I agree with the assessment that Getzlaf is like Arnott with a bit more offensive upside, and I think most would agree Arnott is a very good player or very valueable player.

But Getzlaf and Perry are basically glued together so they'll be 2/3 of the first line with either Ryan, Lupul, or Penner on the other wing..

Transported Upstater

RallyKiller said:
I would agree with this. I agree with the assessment that Getzlaf is like Arnott with a bit more offensive upside, and I think most would agree Arnott is a very good player or very valueable player.

But Getzlaf and Perry are basically glued together so they'll be 2/3 of the first line with either Ryan, Lupul, or Penner on the other wing..

So one of Perry, Ryan or Lupul may need to play LW? Any idea who will fit to that spot best?

ShortHanded

Feb 15, 2006
I've been really impressed with both Ducklings (Perry and Getlaf) this year. Getzlaf looks strong as heck on the puck, seems to have a really good shot and is smart in the offensize zone. While I've only seen him about 10 times so far I'd project him as being a potential 30+ goal scorer, with the potential to pop for 40 if he hits his upside. Future is bright for the kid.

Randall Graves*

So one of Perry, Ryan or Lupul may need to play LW? Any idea who will fit to that spot best?
That's a good question, I would suggest Lupul. I could see Bobby Ryan being a center because of his playmaking, vision, and stickhandling I know he's good along the half wall but he'll be able to pile up the assists more playing center.

maybe Perry/Getzlaf future LW will be taken in the coming draft, I know people say the draft is weak, but good scouting finds diamonds in the rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->