Getzlaf and Perry's Potential for Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Whats Ryan Getzlafs potential (worst case, probable, best case scenarios)?
Give me some comparisons and point totals.

He had a stellar WJC tournament.

While your at it, can you give me Perry's as well? Anaheim has a bright future with forwards, now they need more young dman to go w/ Smid.

My guess:

Getzlaf:worst case:3rd line banger probably: 2nd liner behind Lupol Best: 1st line
30 pts 70pts 85pts (in 5 years)

Perry: worst: great AHLer probable: 2nd line winger & PP Best: 1st line & PP
50pts 70pts (5 years)

I can't think of any good comparisons, help me!

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Getzlaf I see as a 2nd or 1st line powerforward, leaning more towards 1st line. I see a lot of Keith Tkachuk in his game, perhaps a bit of Dany Heatley as well. He still has some consistency issues and does make some poor decisions at times but he's an amazing passer and stickhandler, has a cannon of a shot, is big and strong and is a good skater. I think he'll be a star NHLer when all is said and done.

I don't like Perry nearly as much, he isn't as well rounded and still needs to work on his skating and add strength.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Getzlaf reminds me of Lindros. (please look up the definition of "reminds" before you dump on me) :D

Reilly311

Perry can be a nice second liner, Getzlaf screams 3rd line checker.

AgentNaslund*

If Rucchin is good enough to be their 1st line centerman, Getzlaf have the potentials to be a top 6 foward easily. He does everything.

Perry, Ron Francis type of player. Hes the type of winger that can set up Fedorov to score over 40 goals.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
While Rucchin was a 1st liner back in the Kariya and Selanne (and not much else days), the past two years he's really been 2nd line behind Oates and Fedorov.

I imagine if Getzlaf made the team next season that if Fedorov were still around (depending on how the CBA works out) that Getzlaf would be the 3rd or 4th line center or on a wing somewhere. The Ducks are pretty solid down the center with Fedorov, Rucchin and Pahlsson.

Vic Rattlehead*

Good, young talent at the forward position for Anaheim. Lupul in the lineup, Getzlaf and Perry on their way. Bright future for the club.

AgentNaslund*

19bruins19 said:
Good, young talent at the forward position for Anaheim. Lupul in the lineup, Getzlaf and Perry on their way. Bright future for the club.

Perry is gonna be better then Lupul. Just my oppionon. THe more I got to see him play, the better he was.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Now if Chistov only gets his head sorted out we would have simpy awesome future...As a Ducks fan it pains me everytime to think about Alex Smirnov, the potential to be better than any of those mentioned above yet lacks the work ethic & motivation to get there.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Perry-Getzlaf-Lupul as a 2nd line in 2-3 years with Sykora-Fedorov-Chistov (or someone else) as the first line.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Perry strikes me as guy that is going to produce better than the pundits predicted.
He will have to play with good linemates.He does seem a little selfish in his play
but as far as knowing how to rack up points for himself he has great instincts around the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad