Getting your name stitched on your gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
Has anyone here had their names stitched onto the cuff of their gloves?

I went to an embroidery shop today with my Eagle X70i's and they said that they can't do it because the cuff of the glove is too thick. It seems like the only way to have it done would be to disassemble the cuff on the glove and have them embroider just the leather part, and then reassemble it.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
^ Nice avatar. What's the team name... The DeFuniak Springs Roller *****'s?

I can't believe you're not allowed to say *****.

(female toy: a vibrating device that substitutes for an erect...)

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Accord said:
Has anyone here had their names stitched onto the cuff of their gloves?

I went to an embroidery shop today with my Eagle X70i's and they said that they can't do it because the cuff of the glove is too thick. It seems like the only way to have it done would be to disassemble the cuff on the glove and have them embroider just the leather part, and then reassemble it.

I would think that would be the case....You'd almost have to custom order them.

BCCHL inactive

Just thought I would chime in with my opinion on the subject.

Unless you're playing elite hockey, or for a team where all players are having their names stitched on their gloves, I think it is a rather cocky thing to do. It would be like me putting a WHL or NHL sticker on my helmet when I haven't been on the ice for a league game higher than the BCHL as an official.

Just my two cents.

IkeaMonkey*

Van said:

Unless you're playing elite hockey, or for a team where all players are having their names stitched on their gloves, I think it is a rather cocky thing to do. It would be like me putting a WHL or NHL sticker on my helmet when I haven't been on the ice for a league game higher than the BCHL as an official.

Just my two cents.

Thats exactly how I see it. There's no need to be a beer leaguer with your name on your gear like a pro. You'd look like a total doofus.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
mazmin said:
^ Nice avatar. What's the team name... The DeFuniak Springs Roller *****'s?

I can't believe you're not allowed to say *****.

(female toy: a vibrating device that substitutes for an erect...)
New Jersey Bullets, they were a team back when the RHI existed, lol. Greatest logo ever...

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
Van said:

Just my two cents.

A bunch of people in my league have custom gloves with their names stitched on, it's nothing like putting an NHL logo on a helmet in a local beer league. I see nothing wrong with putting my own name on my gloves, it's not like my jersey number is #99 and i'm the cockiest SOB in my league, lol.

Speaking of NHL logo's on equipment, all of the new Reebok/RBK gloves, skates, and other equipment has NHL logo's on them that can't be removed... they're turning into Franklin or something. I'm staying away from the RBK equipment so long as it's got the NHL logo all over it.

I know that you're a ref... have you heard of Pierre Racicot? He's an NHL ref and plays in my same beer league :D.

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
Accord said:
New Jersey Bullets, they were a team back when the RHI existed, lol. Greatest logo ever...

Are you sure they played in RHI? They were in MLRH (Major League Roller Hockey) up until this season, though. They played their home games at the same rink I play at, as a matter of fact.

I get all kinds of funny looks whenever I wear my NJ Bullets t-shirt. :lol

IkeaMonkey*

Accord said:
Speaking of NHL logo's on equipment, all of the new Reebok/RBK gloves, skates, and other equipment has NHL logo's on them that can't be removed... they're turning into Franklin or something. I'm staying away from the RBK equipment so long as it's got the NHL logo all over it.

Shouldnt come as a suprise at all since all they are doing is taking the Jofa equipment and throwing a Reebok logo on it. So yes, its going to have the NHL shield.

BCCHL inactive

Accord said:
A bunch of people in my league have custom gloves with their names stitched on, it's nothing like putting an NHL logo on a helmet in a local beer league. I see nothing wrong with putting my own name on my gloves, it's not like my jersey number is #99 and i'm the cockiest SOB in my league, lol.

Please don't take offence to this, but you're in South Florida. Getting your gloves customized might be no big deal down there. That being said, if you were to do it on your own up here, it would make you an instant target.

IkeaMonkey*

Skittles said:
Getting your gloves embroidered? Kinda girly don't you think?

Meh, it's mostly done by the hot dogs in the league. Guys who light up high school/juniors then go to beer leagues and think they are amazing after beating a bunch of average players.

canadahockeygirl*

My name is on the stuff I'm having custom done for me, and hopefully in a non-obnoxious place. I didn't ask for it, but from what I understand it's one of the perks of paying too much for things to fit you correctly.

IkeaMonkey*

canadahockeygirl said:
My name is on the stuff I'm having custom done for me, and hopefully in a non-obnoxious place. I didn't ask for it, but from what I understand it's one of the perks of paying too much for things to fit you correctly.

Naw, it's different for goalies. The majority of goalies I know all have their name on their gear.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
Van said:
Please don't take offence to this, but you're in South Florida. Getting your gloves customized might be no big deal down there. That being said, if you were to do it on your own up here, it would make you an instant target.
I lived and played most of my life in Amherst, NY. I have not been living in Florida for very long.

Guys wearing $500 Synergy skates and using $200+ OPS sticks in beer leagues is a lot worse than having your name stitched on your gloves, at least in my opinion.

BCCHL inactive

Accord said:
Guys wearing $500 Synergy skates and using $200+ OPS sticks in beer leagues is a lot worse than having your name stitched on your gloves, at least in my opinion.

I disagree. If you have the money to buy a nice stick, why not? The only problem I have with one-piece sticks, is parents buying them for their under-13 kids.

With skates, if you want to feel comfortable, you gotta go with the skate that fits best, regardless of the price. If you can't afford expensive skates in one shot, there is nothing wrong with saving up or putting a pair on layaway. I've heard the, "you can get a perfectly good pair of skates for $200" routine. It is simply wrong. The cheaper skates might fit nice, but they won't last near as long as the more expensive pair. With skates, you get what you pay for.

And I agree with the above. Goaltenders are the exception. If they're spending $250+ on just one glove, it should include personalization.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
Van said:
I disagree. If you have the money to buy a nice stick, why not? The only problem I have with one-piece sticks, is parents buying them for their under-13 kids.

With skates, if you want to feel comfortable, you gotta go with the skate that fits best, regardless of the price. If you can't afford expensive skates in one shot, there is nothing wrong with saving up or putting a pair on layaway. I've heard the, "you can get a perfectly good pair of skates for $200" routine. It is simply wrong. The cheaper skates might fit nice, but they won't last near as long as the more expensive pair. With skates, you get what you pay for.

And I agree with the above. Goaltenders are the exception. If they're spending $250+ on just one glove, it should include personalization.

What about a player spending ~$220 on a pair of Eagle H34 gloves? I know if I ever spent that much money on gloves, player or goalie, i'd want some sort of personalization.

I'm probably not going to get my name put on my gloves, it will be too much of a hassle to get it done and it seems the only way for me to do this would be to send them back to Eagle and have them take the cuff apart to do it.

Also, HockeyMonkey is selling CCM Pro Tacks for only $219 right now, so yes, you can get a pair of quality top of the line skates in the $200 range. Though, it's a special holiday sale and HM is the only place selling them that cheap.

Last edited:

IkeaMonkey*

Accord said:
What about a player spending ~$220 on a pair of Eagle H34 gloves? I know if I ever spent that much money on gloves, player or goalie, i'd want some sort of personalization.

If you are willing to spend $50 more than most stores retail them for, they should be made of gold.

Also, HockeyMonkey is selling CCM Pro Tacks for only $219 right now, so yes, you can get a pair of quality top of the line skates in the $200 range. Though, it's a special holiday sale and HM is the only place selling them that cheap.

You are comparing one product, from one store to the overall market. You have a tiny point, but what if your foot does not fit a CCM boot? Then there is no possible way for you to get $200 current top of the line skates.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Accord said:

I just don't understand why you would want 'personalization.'

You aren't a professional hockey player... so why would anybody care what your name is?

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Van said:

Absolutely.

I have to buy top end Bauers, or the skates will last two months on me, if that. I'm 6'3, 240 pounds, and when I skate 3-4 times a week with my College club team I break down even $400 skates very quickly.

Spend whatever you can afford on equipment, because it's worth it.

As for the gloves, I don't even like my name on the back of my jersey, let alone stitched to my cuffs. It's not my call however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad