Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
(Real) Name: Konstantin
Age you act: 1-100, it depends
Sex: M
Birthplace: Belgium
Where you live: Hasselt
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: hmm. High forehead lol
Nationality: Mostly ashkenazi jew with some russian/german and a touch of finn.
Mode of Transportation: feet :Р
Job: Self employed salesman, marketeer
College Attended/Attending: PHL

How you became a Jackets' fan: have been following the franchise for a decade before growing into it more and more. Its the only NHL team I follow and support.
Favorite Jackets Player: Cam, although I think Jones will replace him soon..
Favorite NON Jackets Player: McDavid/Panarin/Chara

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Cam, Bread, Bjork

Video Game Systems Owned: pc only, steam
Favorite Game(s): bioshock infinite
Music/Bands You Like: Zimmerman, Williams, Morricone
Favorite Movie(s): Stalker, Burn after reading, 12 monkeys, original Blade runner, American beauty, A serious man etc
Favorite TV Show: Better call Saul

Libation of choice: vodka, green herbs
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity myself xD

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
To be fair, 6s is always brutal.

I much prefer 5v5 humans (or at worst 5v3) rather than 3s with all the cheesy stuff you can do to get goals. Also penalty shots on penalties is a pure nightmare. The cheesy stuff is far easier to prevent with 4 other teammates.

Say what you want about the CPU's being great in 6's but I'll take that over how some people play 3's.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Cleveland (still feel more like a Clevelander than Cbus 'er after 30+ years here)

Same with me. I've lived in Charlotte now for almost 15 years and have been coming down here for at least 25, yet I should know a lot more about the city than I do. I couldn't name the mayor or any city council people etc. But ask me a current events question about Columbus and I have the answer.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Real) Name: Stephanie
Age you act: These days usually my age. Don’t have anyone to be goofy with I’m afraid.
Sex: F
Birthplace: Kettering
Where you live: South Carolina
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Red hair
Nationality: Irish and German
Mode of Transportation: My faithful Saturn
Job: Office manager at an embroidery store but honestly I do everything except run the machines.
College Attended/Attending: Ohio U and Wright State (wrong school)

How you became a Jackets' fan: I was a founding member of the OU Gang Green Students Section back in the day and right around the same time the Jackets were birthed so I started Stanning them too. That’s right. I Stan.
Favorite Jackets Player: Nick
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Calvy

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Dubi

Video Game Systems Owned: I mean I have games on my phone. I know I’m lame.
Favorite Game(s): see above.
Music/Bands You Like: You name it. But lately I’m digging 90s bands like Pearl Jam, STP and that era Dave Matthews
Favorite Movie(s): Dial M for Murder, LOTR
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones and more documentaries than I can count

Libation of choice: I don’t really drink much anymore but if I were to I’m very much a beer snob. I’m particular to Belgian beer. I like Czech as well. And I like trying funky craft brews. Also I would pay whatever necessary for a good Bloody Mary.
Favorite Food: Oh my god I had the most amazing Blue Crab Ravioli last summer in Charleston. But as for food I don’t have to drive 2 hours and pay $50 for beef stroganoff.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Ummm... Carey Hart. Dude is a total shit stirrer and it’s hilarious.

Reactions: Bobcat110

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
(Real) Name: Chris
Age you act: Situation dependent
Birthplace: Riverside Hospital CBUS
Where you live: Utah
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: intense demeanor
Nationality: UK and German
Mode of Transportation: Outback
Job: Engineer
College Attended/Attending: Michigan

How you became a Jackets' fan: We got a team finally so I converted the minute they announced. I tarted playing at 2 and still play with most of my family playing and the rest being fans. It was easy. And now I've brainwashed my kids too.
Favorite Jackets Player: Ollie, Zach, Seth, Whitney
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Shanahan, Elias, Cammalleri, Panarin

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Nameless CBJ (from inaugural season), Devils Shanahan, Hartford Shanahan, Yotes, Wings D Brown, Michigan and like a dozen jerseys from playing.

Video Game Systems Owned: Uh my cellphone these days? Last console I played was went we went retro with a Perfect Dark-a-thon on N64 to get those Golden Eye vibes back.
Favorite Game(s): Arkham Horror, Risk, Munchkin, Cards Against Humanity (anything that allows us to be morally bankrupt)
Music/Bands You Like: Evergrey, Haken, Insomium, Circus Maximus, Anathema, Protest the Hero, Amorphis,
Favorite Movie(s): Muppet Treasure Island; it's hard because I want to list movies I actively rewatch and not just enjoyed once but that's mostly kids movies in our house
Favorite TV Show: How I Met Your Mother, Altered Carbon, Top Chef

Libation of choice: Whiskey, Bourbon, Sour Ales, Cider, Outer Darkness from Squaters, Bocks
Favorite Food: Sushi and Tacos. Seafood in general, but must be fresh and damned if like half the restaurants out there don't botch it. Anything from Otto's Market in Townsville QLD especially the fish and chips.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Heron Island (Australia). One of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Incredible waters and coral.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
(Real) Name: Tim
Age you act: 50
Birthplace: Columbud
Where you live: Reynoldsburg
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: nothing, I'm an NPC
Nationality: Polish/German
Mode of Transportation: 17 Sentra
Job: Bonding agent
College Attended/Attending: one semester at Capitol

How you became a Jackets' fan: Wings fan because my mom's side is from Detroit, had Chill season tickets as a teenager
Favorite Jackets Player: the goalies
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Ovechkin
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Denis

Video Game Systems Owned: would be easier to list what I don't
Favorite Game(s): Final Fantasy IV, Suikoden 2, Deus Ex, Horizon Zero Dawn, Skyrim, Zelda: A Link to the Past, dozens more
Music/Bands You Like: Soulfly, Otep, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Muse, Korn
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, The Rock
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones, Boston Legal, Alias

Libation of choice: don't drink
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity - nobody

Reactions: cslebn

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Age you act: Not sure.
Birthplace: Austin, TX
Where you live: Upper Arlington, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Blond hair, red beard
Nationality: Italian, Irish, others
Mode of Transportation: Riding with someone else (can't drive).
Job: Unemployed (musician by training).
College Attended/Attending: Washington University St. Louis, Columbus State, Capital University

How you became a Jackets fan: Watched hockey in the '90s, attended some Chill games, got excited when I found out we would get an NHL team. Watched the inaugural game, lost interest, resumed following in '07-'08.
Favorite Jackets Player: Werenski, although I think some of our newer young guys might overtake him.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jakub Voracek
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): My "Jackets Onnnnnnnn the Powerplay!!!" sweatshirt, or my winter hat. Also have a Columbus Chill puck.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None

Video Game Systems Owned: Playstation 1, Sega Dreamcast. In the past, I also had a Nintendo GameCube, Sega Genesis, and Super Nintendo.
Favorite Game(s): Twisted Metal series, Doom
Music/Bands You Like: Opera, musical theater, The Beatles, Elton John, Eagles
Favorite Movie(s): Dumb and Dumber, Toy Story
Favorite TV Show: At the moment, none; I don't watch a lot of television because I have YouTube.
Favorite Food: BBQ, fried chicken or fried almost anything else.
Libation of choice: Mule, or perhaps a fruity tasting beer.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Manny Khoshbin (on IG, although technically I don't actually follow him).

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
(Real) Name: Rob
Age you act: Act 21 but feel 80
Birthplace: Jericho, NY (Long Island), home of rookie Rangers D-man Adam Fox
Where you live: the charming New England town of Peterborough, NH (the inspiration for Thornton Wilder's classic American play Our Town)
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I think I am very average but people always remark about my blue eyes which makes me uncomfortable
Nationality: Ancestry.com says 100% European Jew. I say SHOCKING!!! I am a genealogist so I am mostly Galician (Austria, Polish, Ukraine, German) and part Czech
Mode of Transportation: Ford Edge though digging my wife's new Subie Crosstrek (its lower so easier to get the kayaks on the roof)
Job: practicing retirement (former innkeeper of a small B&B). In all seriousness, should find a day job
College Attended: Bryant University...Go Bulldogs!

How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up on Long Island so hockey has always been in my blood and I was living in Cleveland when the CBJ showed up. They were EZ to like!
Favorite Jackets Player: I like them all but developing man-crushes on Elvis and Vlad
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Brian Leetch and yeah...freakin' Panarin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): none
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original, CBJ 3rd sweater, Game Worn Cleveland Barons (last iteration as Sharks affiliate) and two Game Worn Kazakh National Team sweaters

Video Game Systems Owned: Pong, Magnavox Odyssey2 and Atari 800
Favorite Game(s): Original PC Ghost Recon when we could play online as a team
Music/Bands You Like: I grew up on 80s rock but these days I mostly listen to Blues and Folk. Give me Kenny Wayne shepherd any day over most of the crap produced today
Favorite Movie(s): Someone else said Princess Bride...all time fave! Also, Pride of the Yankees...I cry my eyes out every time Gary Cooper gets up in front of all those mics and says "today, I consider myself, the luckiest man, on the face of the earth". My wife always runs for the box of tissues.
Favorite TV Show: MASH is still the best show ever but Game of Thrones - final season was incredible
Favorite Podcasts: Business Wars and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
Favorite Food: Graeters...preferably Buckeye Blitz
Libation of choice: I mentioned I am part Czech...well family was from Plzen so give me a Pilsner any day!
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: What's Twitter and IG? I follow the football and hockey insiders for scoops on trades and stuff but that's it.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
(Real) Name: Jim
Music/Bands You Like: Needtobreathe, Switchfoot, Jeff Black, Rush, Styx
Big Styx fan...going all the way back to the Wooden Nickel label (their first four albums). Never saw them in concert and now Shaw and DeYoung don't tour together so what's the point.
(Real) Name: Jo
Libation of choice: I don't even drink wine during Passover.
Does Manishewitz count as real wine? I mean I enjoy it...on Passover..but never though of it as real alcohol :)
(Real) Name: Nick
Favorite Food: Grandma’s Chicken Parmigiana
Grandma's Italian? I want some of that Chicken Parm too :P Does your other grandma do Chicken Schnitzel? Yum!
(Real) Name: Eric
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Again, I like all the players. The only one I don't is Brad Marchand. I like his game, hate the other stuff about him. He is too good to have to do the dirty crap.
I live in New England. Bruins fans are obnoxious like most New England sports fans. They defend "Douchebag". Of course they also thought their neanderthal was an OK guy..until they finally let him go.
(Real) Name: Steve
Favorite Movie(s): Most Tarantino movies, Comedies from the 00's, anything with Bill Murray, and a lot more.
Big Bill Murray fan...Caddy Shack, Meatballs, Stripes, Ghost Busters, What About Bob, Groundhog Day...guy was amazing!
Favorite Movie(s): Ghost, 50 first dates, wizard of oz.
Family doesn't get it, my wife and I loved 50 First Dates...laughed our asses off!
(Real) Name: Jill
Age you act: I taught seventh grade for 32 years. So, I am perpetually stuck with the maturity of a 12-13 year old. For example, there was a story we read every year that I'd say to the kids, "turn to page 70....OOPS! Back one page, sorry." NEVER EVER say the word 69 in a classroom of newly adolescent humans. NEVER.
OK...that's really funny. When I was 10 I would have gotten that right away and laughed hysterical. At 52 and married for 20+ years I never would have thought of that.

Reactions: Martin Sloan

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Big Styx fan...going all the way back to the Wooden Nickel label (their first four albums). Never saw them in concert and now Shaw and DeYoung don't tour together so what's the point.

You and me both, Doggy. Conversely, I've seen them in just about every personnel grouping save the original. Yeah it's sad they hate each other and apparently always will. So many great songs, though.

Mar 1, 2002
(Real) Name: Greg
Age you act: 25?
Birthplace: Parma, OH
Where you live: Columbus, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I look like the middle aged white guy who snaps at work
Nationality: Lithuanian/Croatian/Slovenian
Mode of Transportation: Mercedes 250 CLA
Job: Logistics Mgr
College Attended/Attending: San Jose State
How you became a Jackets' fan: Moved here walking distance from the arena
Favorite Jackets Player: Bjorkstrand
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Ovechkin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): none for me
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Signed Owen Nolan Sharks #11
Video Game Systems Owned: I have a Mac, I only have Civ VI and Out of the Park Baseball as far as games go
Favorite Game(s): OOTP Baseball
Music/Bands You Like: Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age, Tool
Favorite Movie(s): Goodfellas, Usual Suspects
Favorite TV Show: The Wire, Breaking Bad, Great British Baking Show (Shut up)
Favorite Food: Acapulco burrito from El Faro in Concord, CA
Libation of choice: Cannabis
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Nobody really. Rex Chapman from out of nowhere has become a great follow.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
(Real) Name: Don
Age you act: 72
Birthplace: Steubenville, OH
Where you live: Washington, DC
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Undistinguished
Nationality: Italian
Mode of Transportation: Alfa Romeo Giulia
Job: Retired Civil Servant
College Attended/Attending: Miami U, OSU grad
How you became a Jackets' fan: Lifelong hockey fan, Jackets came to town.
Favorite Jackets Player: Espen Knudsen
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Pete Goegan
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): none
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original away
Video Game Systems Owned: None
Favorite Game(s): None
Music/Bands You Like: Many and Varied
Favorite Movie(s): Usual Suspects
Favorite TV Show: Black Adder
Favorite Food: Italian and Asian
Libation of choice: Water
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: None

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Nationality: Lithuanian/Croatian/Slovenian
Favorite Movie(s): Goodfellas, Usual Suspects
Favorite TV Show: The Wire, Breaking Bad, Great British Baking Show (Shut up)
Wait, you are from Parma and you have Lithuanian/Croatian/Slovenian background...shocking! DW and I also really enjoy the Great British Baking show. Comment about Usual Suspects below...

(Real) Name: Don
Mode of Transportation: Alfa Romeo Giulia
Favorite Movie(s): Usual Suspects
Giulia...nice!

Usual Suspects: I know Kevin Spacey is "toxic" in Hollywood with his pedophile scandal but just based on pure acting skills I think he is one of the best I have seen in the past forty years. Ever since I saw him in the TV show Wiseguy I was sold.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Age you act: 25?
Did you play hockey in Parma as a kid? I played at, what was then, Forestwood ice rink. I lived in North Royalton at the time and they didn't have a hockey facility, so I played in Parma. Plus my brothers played also, and we lived in Parma at the time they started, which was when the Parma Hockey Association started in the early 70's.

Mar 1, 2002
I can separate the person from the shitty things they did like Spacey. Same with Louis CK. His standup is still the best I've seen, I'm just not going to support him anymore

My folks are actually from Chicago. My dad worked for the gov't and I only lived in Parma for 6 months before we moved out of state. I didn't move back here until my late 30's.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Work was cancelled and I'm in acute hockey withdrawal. Need to post amongst the hockey fans.

(Real) Name: John
Age you act: Get off my lawn
Birthplace: Kettering, Ohio
Where you live: Dublin, Ohio
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I've very average-looking. I'm basically a living "meh"
Nationality: Not Russian, haha. Primarily Dutch with some English and German.
Mode of Transportation: Dodge Charger (Her name is Evelyn)
Job: Counselor
College Attended/Attending: OSU/University of Louisville

How you became a Jackets' fan: Used to watch split Red Wings/CBJ in Dayton but was primarily a Red Wings fan. Got out of hockey during the lockout and became insta-fan when CBJ traded for my all-time favorite Sergei Fedorov. CBJ have been stuck with me since.
Favorite Jackets Player: Current? I'd have to say Seth. Miss having guys like Hartnell and Calvert that really make the depth lines solid.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jagr, Voracek
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I'm drowning in CBJ stuff so I'd have to put my favorite is my ticket stub from my first game (New Year game versus Edmonton) and got to see Fedorov. This Nash guy scored a hatty that game too.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ (Multiple unnumbered ones), Werenski, Soviet Fedorov jersey, Unnumbered Dayton Bombers jersey

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360, PS4, TEAM PC!!!
Favorite Game(s): Nerdy ones. Liked the Total War games, Witcher games, and simulation/builder games (Cities skylines, Silent Hunter series...)
Music/Bands You Like: Rock. Have gone to many concerts and seen older bands like The Guess Who all the way to heavy bands like Avatar and Slipknot. Give me that e-lec-tric gui-tar
Favorite Movie(s): I for the life of me can't name one
Favorite TV Show: CBJ? I really don't watch anything but the Jackets on TV! Maybe Hell's Kitchen?
Favorite Food: I'm nature's garbage disposal and will eat just about anything; although, I can be a bit of a food snob!
Libation of choice: A straightforward German beer (Becks, Erdinger) or Grolsch
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Anonymous

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
(Real) Name: Kevin
Sex: Guy
Age you act: Really Old
Birthplace: Columbus
Where you live: Roanoke
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: None - You could look at me for 1 hour straight. As soon as you look away, you couldn't remember anything about me.
Nationality: American - European heritage -
Mode of Transportation: Ford Edge
Job: CPA - Tax specialty - tho not so much anymore.
College Attended/Attending: Franklin Univ undergrad - Averett Univ - MBA

How you became a Jackets' fan: Hockey fan as a kid; went to Checkers, Golden Seals, Owls and Chill games - watched the arena go up - always wanted Columbus to be more than OSU
Favorite Jackets Player: Nash - Hyphens - Calvert. Current is Jones & Werenski
Favorite NON Jackets Player: First was Orr, then a a bunch of early 80's Islanders (Gilles, Nystrom, Smith) then Peter Forsberg
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Inaugural season wrist watch - limited edition.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Several practice jerseys - Old Guys look kinda creepy in jerseys

Video Game Systems Owned: None
Favorite Game(s): None really
Music/Bands You Like: Arena Rock - AC/DC - Def Leppard, Van Halen, Doobie Brothers, you get the idea
Favorite Movie(s): Slap Shot {duh} Miracle {duh}
Favorite TV Show: NHL Network
Favorite Food: Beef
Libation of choice: LaBatt Blue - with a hockey game in front of it.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Don't really use them.​

Reactions: Madifer

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sex: Guy​

giphy.gif

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Work was cancelled and I'm in acute hockey withdrawal. Need to post amongst the hockey fans.

(Real) Name: John
Age you act: Get off my lawn
Birthplace: Kettering, Ohio
Where you live: Dublin, Ohio
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I've very average-looking. I'm basically a living "meh"
Nationality: Not Russian, haha. Primarily Dutch with some English and German.
Mode of Transportation: Dodge Charger (Her name is Evelyn)
Job: Counselor
College Attended/Attending: OSU/University of Louisville

How you became a Jackets' fan: Used to watch split Red Wings/CBJ in Dayton but was primarily a Red Wings fan. Got out of hockey during the lockout and became insta-fan when CBJ traded for my all-time favorite Sergei Fedorov. CBJ have been stuck with me since.
Favorite Jackets Player: Current? I'd have to say Seth. Miss having guys like Hartnell and Calvert that really make the depth lines solid.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jagr, Voracek
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I'm drowning in CBJ stuff so I'd have to put my favorite is my ticket stub from my first game (New Year game versus Edmonton) and got to see Fedorov. This Nash guy scored a hatty that game too.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ (Multiple unnumbered ones), Werenski, Soviet Fedorov jersey, Unnumbered Dayton Bombers jersey

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360, PS4, TEAM PC!!!
Favorite Game(s): Nerdy ones. Liked the Total War games, Witcher games, and simulation/builder games (Cities skylines, Silent Hunter series...)
Music/Bands You Like: Rock. Have gone to many concerts and seen older bands like The Guess Who all the way to heavy bands like Avatar and Slipknot. Give me that e-lec-tric gui-tar
Favorite Movie(s): I for the life of me can't name one
Favorite TV Show: CBJ? I really don't watch anything but the Jackets on TV! Maybe Hell's Kitchen?
Favorite Food: I'm nature's garbage disposal and will eat just about anything; although, I can be a bit of a food snob!
Libation of choice: A straightforward German beer (Becks, Erdinger) or Grolsch
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Anonymous

HAIL THE APOCALYPSE!!!

Reactions: aRussian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->