Sex: M
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Kernersville NC
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Getting shorter
Nationality: German/Irish
Mode of Transportation: Mazda 6
Job: Hospital Chaplain/Retired Pastor/Orthodox Reader
College Attended/Attending: tOSU, Mercer, Concordia

How you became a Jackets' fan: I grew up watching the Golden Seals that became the Owls was glad to see Columbus get a team.
Favorite Jackets Player: Bob
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Tony Esposito
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): none..
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Had a few but lost them in moves

Video Game Systems Owned:Xbox One
Favorite Game(s): NBA 2K
Music/Bands You Like: Classic Rock
Favorite Movie(s): Godfather, John Wick, Saving Private Ryan
Favorite TV Show: Raymond, Golden Girls, Bewitched
Favorite Food: Pizza
Libation of choice: dont really drink to often, but wine if I do.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
(Real) Name: Chris
Job: Hospital Chaplain/Retired Pastor/Orthodox Reader
Favorite Movie(s): Godfather, John Wick, Saving Private Ryan
Favorite TV Show: Raymond, Golden Girls, Bewitched
Sorry Chris, smiling while trying to wrap my head around this. Chaplain and Pastor who watches Golden Girls and Bewitched but his favorite movies include John Wick.

Heavy Metal Jackets

Jan 9, 2021
Land of Cheese
Hello everyone! Gonna be a strange season, hopefully it gets finished. Been a fan of them for a little over 10 years watching Nash and Mason on my fantasy hockey squad back then. Have watched most of the games the last 5 or so years and like the team Jarmo's built recently. Here's to another playoff appearance and more, Go Jackets!!

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Sure, i'll fill this out....

(Real) Name: Andrea
Age you act: Mid 2os
Sex: Female Trans
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Westerville, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I have long hair
Nationality: Mainly Italian and German
Mode of Transportation: 2010 Hyundai Elantra
Job: Twitch Streamer
College Attended/Attending: Ohio State

How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up a Pens fan because of Jagr. Jumped ship when the CBJ came around
Favorite Jackets Player: Seth Jones and Gavrikov.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Svechnikov
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Signed Goalie Bob Stick
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None anymore.

Video Game Systems Owned: Too many to list.
Favorite Game(s): A Link to the Past
Music/Bands You Like: I don't really listen to music.
Favorite Movie(s): Mean Girls, The Count of Monte Cristo
Favorite TV Show: Gilmore Girls
Favorite Food: My homemade chicken pot pie
Libation of choice: I can't
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Don't have one anymore. I deleted it 2 years back.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
(Real) Name: Kevin
Sex: Guy
Birthplace: Groveport
Where you live: Roanoke VA
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: None.
Nationality: Scotch - Irish
Mode of Transportation: Ford Edge
Job: Retired Tax Accountant
College Attended/Attending: Franklin University College of Knowledge

How you became a Jackets' fan: Skated farm ponds as a kid. So excited for something other than OSU when the Jackets came along. Was Day-1 PSL holder until I moved from CBus.
Favorite Jackets Player: Probably Seth or Zack. But will admit to having slight Man-Crush on Savard. Anxious to see what Domi brings.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Panarin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Inaugural season limited edition wrist watch.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Practice jerseys only without number

Video Game Systems Owned: None
Favorite Game(s): N/A (I assume you mean video game)
Music/Bands You Like: All those Arena Rock legends - AC/DC - Van Halen - Def Leppard
Favorite Movie(s): Miracle, Slap Shot
Favorite TV Show Network: NHL Network
Favorite Food: 1st place - Pizza, 2nd place - Burger, 3rd place - steak
Libation of choice: LaBatt Blue
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: It's really about hobbies for me. I cook a lot. And people tell me I'm better than average. I bake my own bread (and pies), all types, and people love when I show up someplace with a bag or my picnic basket. I grow lots of flowers from seed, and just got a whole truck load of woodworking equipment for free (lathe, drill press, joiner, combo sander, routers, etc) so I'm starting down the Wood Shop path. Social Media is about my friends and hobbies/passions. But since I'm sharing, probably the most interesting thing about me is my service in a Prison Ministry. Some of my very best friends are in for multiple murders, sex crimes or drugs. I go into State Prisons and share the love of Jesus Christ. My experience and opinions formed about the criminal justice system come from someplace other than TV or the media. Until COVID, I went monthly and did 2, 4-day events annually since 2013. I've got several hours worth of stories that typically shock or amaze most people. (Yes, I know it is extremely unpopular, but I attend AND PARTICIPATE in church very regularly, and love Jesus Christ - and it's okay to begin hating me now.....I'm used to it).

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Forepar
(Real) Name: Brian​
Sex: Guy​
Birthplace: Central Ohio​
Where you live: Central Ohio​
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: None.​
Nationality: Irish, German and Mutt​
Mode of Transportation: SUV
Job: Attorney​
College/Law School:
Case Western Reserve​
Boston College Law School​
How you became a Jackets' fan:​
Attended a game in year 2 on a whim. Had been to a few Columbus Chill games many years before. Absolutely fell in love w/ the speed of the game, the intensity, and that all 18 skaters actually see the ice (well, most times anyway? (this little gem was actually posted BEFORE PLD's little coasting exhibition) Became full STH for 10 years. The nosedive in 2010-12, the sheer number of games and drives before games resulted in change, but watch almost every game (live or DVR) and attend maybe 5-10 games each year (hopefully sometime in 2021).​
Favorite Jackets Player: current roster: Was PLD. Hopefully still will be. That didn’t age well....current roster I hate to choose, don’t buy his jersey, but Boone. Former player: Manny Maholtra.​
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Panarin​
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Several prints.​
Hockey Jerseys in wardrobe: original 1st year white (not numbered); Rick Nash (signed, was a gift); 2012 home (not numbered), used as my “gamer” to attend games.​
Not to be mistaken with "gamer" as in a jersey I would wear to play hockey in. I don't have one of those. I was a D-III college basketball player with bad ankles. Skating and I are not best friends, although I have tried occasionally. It hurts others' eyeballs more than it hurts my arse.​
Video Game Systems Owned: None​
Favorite Game(s): N/A​
Music/Bands You Like: CSN&Y; Zeppelin; Joe Robinson​
Favorite Movie(s): Bond movies and Unforgiven​
Favorite TV Show Network: Shows: Reruns of Barney Miller, Taxi and Mash.​
Network: anything with live sports on. And no, cornhole does not qualify as "live sports" in my world.​
Favorite Food: Seafood, all kinds.​
Libation of choice: 1st choice: Bourbon; current favorite (changes bi-weekly) is Michter Rye. Probably 25 different bottles at the ready. 2nd choice: Scotch - Highland Park is my “go to” but working on a bottle of Glenfiddich at the moment. 3rd choice: What are you serving?​
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: My daughter. Off-line, we’ve had some amazing discussions/disagreements on the political/medical front in the past 24 months...healthy and eye-opening for both of us.​

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Forepar
(Real) Name: Brian
Sex: Guy
Birthplace: Central Ohio
Where you live: Central Ohio
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: None.
Nationality: Irish, German and Mutt
Mode of Transportation: SUV
Job
: Attorney
College/Law School:
Case Western Reserve
Boston College Law School

How you became a Jackets' fan:
Attended a game in year 2 on a whim. Absolutely fell in love w/ the speed of the game, the intensity, and that all 18 skaters actually see the ice (well, most times anyway). Became full STH for 10 years. The nosedive in 2010-12, the sheer number of games and drives before games resulted in change, but watch almost every game (live or DVR) and see maybe 5-10 games each year (hopefully sometime in 2021).
Favorite Jackets Player: current roster: Was PLD. Hopefully still will be. Former player: Manny Maholtra.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Panarin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Several prints.
Hockey Jerseys in wardrobe: original 1st year white (not numbered); Rick Nash (signed, was a gift); 2012 home (not numbered, my “gamer”

Video Game Systems Owned: None
Favorite Game(s):
Music/Bands You Like: CDN&Y; Zeppelin; Joe Robinson
Favorite Movie(s): Bond movies and Unforgiven
Favorite TV Show Network: Reruns of Barney Miller, Taxi and Mash
Favorite Food: Seafood
Libation of choice: Bourbon; current favorite (changes bi-weekly) is Michter Rye. Scotch - Highland Park is my “go to”
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: My daughter. Off-line, we’ve had some amazing discussions/disagreements on the political/medical front in the past 24 months...healthy and eye-opening for both of us.​
Always good to see a fellow CWRU alum on the Boards.....especially one who’s a bourbon drinker.

Jyri

Nov 24, 2017
I am moving to this forum because of Laine and Roslo transfer. Whould be nice to learn to know you guys. I´ve played and coached hockey (not pro) for my entire life. I watch about 30 NHL matches/year. Hoping to hear that cannon sing!!!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I am moving to this forum because of Laine and Roslo transfer. Whould be nice to learn to know you guys. I´ve played and coached hockey (not pro) for my entire life. I watch about 30 NHL matches/year. Hoping to hear that cannon sing!!!
One of the first quirks you'll find about our board is that we're particular about merging threads together. ;)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

One of the first quirks you'll find about our board is that we're particular about merging threads together. ;)

Indeed but this is a good thread to find out who’s who.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
I thought for a while whether I post here or the Laine/Dubois thread. Decided that this is probably more appropriate.

I'm a huge fan of Selänne. I always had a soft spot for Winnipeg because of him, but after Selänne retired, I had no favorite team in the NHL. I only followed how my fellow countrymen did as individuals (stats and some highlights) and only watched the Finnish NT in WHC tournaments. Most of the time I was frustrated because even though our players were good grinders and somewhat able passers, 9/10 times when they had a scoring chance they ended up passing the puck. We had no finishing ability. :shakehead

Then in 2015 some news started to come out that in our junior system there was a true sniper emerging. Someone who had the balls to shoot every time an opportunity came. And the shot was not the usual muffin to the goalies chest, but something else. I was immediately intrigued, but after seeing our team win gold at the WJC, I was hooked. I watched as Laine broke the chains and put on such a show in 2016 FEL playoffs that I had never seen anything like it before - and he continued his insane efforts in the WHC that same spring. Finally we had someone who would pull the trigger. A trigger that unleashed a cannon and left goalies shaking their heads. I knew he was raw as a player and nowhere near a finished product, but I hope I was able to paint you a picture about what I fell in love with. That confidence, that will to be the difference maker, that shot. THAT. SHOT. :eek2::hyper::vhappy:

When on draft day Laine became a Jet, I was ecstatic. I went to the Jets board to tell them that they had just gained a new Jets fan. In the same message I also warned them that I would walk out immediately when they'd trade Laine like they did to Teemu - and accompanied that with a sarcasm emoji. Turns out that it was exactly what they ended up doing. And so, while I loved watching Laine in that Jets jersey (it looks awesome; despite the time difference I watched 50+ Jets games live - pulled an all-nighter or woke up at 3AM just to catch the game) to become one of the most feared goal-scorers in the league AND I also understood why (given the current cap situation and such) they ended up trading him, I knew that I just couldn't support a front office that makes mistakes like this. It is one thing to refuse to give 1st line minutes to the guy who's been #7 in goal-scoring since his first game in the NHL. Another thing is to trade him AND Roslovic (who IMO never got such a fair shot in WPG either) AND retain salary in exchange for a 2C. :banghead: :cry::cry: (I'm not selling PLD short here; in many teams he would be the 1C. But in Winnipeg he won't; that spot is reserved to Scheifele. No matter what he is capable of, if you play the guy in 2C spot, that's what you paid for.) So, I said farewell to the Jets board and came here.

I'm not ready to call myself a Jackets fan yet. I'm still a bit in tears because I would have wanted Laine to stay in Winnipeg and I'm not ready to commit this quickly. You can consider me a hangaround for now; we'll see how I feel about it later. At this point I don't know that much about Jackets or Jackets fans, but I consider the following things as +'s:
-Jarmo is your GM and he is a f***king wizard (as this trade demonstrates; you should build him a statue)
-Korpisalo is a good goalie - not elite, but at least he is capable of being a trustworthy starter; hopefully he develops to something even better
-Mikko Koivu decided to sign with you. I lost quite a lot of respect for him when the news about his ugly divorce and extramarital affairs broke out, but not all of it.
-In your barn you have a cannon that is fired each time the Jackets score? That's cool. I hope it gets properly serviced and strengthened before Laine gets out of quarantine.
-One of your posters has an avatar that portrays a bunny with a pancake on its head. I like bunnies. And pancakes. I once had a bunny whose nickname was Pancakes. Awesome pet - lionhead lop, 4lbs, cute as a button, tried to fornicate with anything that moved including our cat and also some objects. Even after we got him neutered.

Can't wait to watch Laine in action again. :popcorn: I encourage everyone to go to Youtube and check out the highlights from his last game as a Jet. Compare that to PLD's last games as a Jacket and you see why I view you as the clear winners of this trade, no matter what the fancy stats guys in Twitter say.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I thought for a while whether I post here or the Laine/Dubois thread. Decided that this is probably more appropriate.

I'm a huge fan of Selänne. I always had a soft spot for Winnipeg because of him, but after Selänne retired, I had no favorite team in the NHL. I only followed how my fellow countrymen did as individuals (stats and some highlights) and only watched the Finnish NT in WHC tournaments. Most of the time I was frustrated because even though our players were good grinders and somewhat able passers, 9/10 times when they had a scoring chance they ended up passing the puck. We had no finishing ability. :shakehead

Then in 2015 some news started to come out that in our junior system there was a true sniper emerging. Someone who had the balls to shoot every time an opportunity came. And the shot was not the usual muffin to the goalies chest, but something else. I was immediately intrigued, but after seeing our team win gold at the WJC, I was hooked. I watched as Laine broke the chains and put on such a show in 2016 FEL playoffs that I had never seen anything like it before - and he continued his insane efforts in the WHC that same spring. Finally we had someone who would pull the trigger. A trigger that unleashed a cannon and left goalies shaking their heads. I knew he was raw as a player and nowhere near a finished product, but I hope I was able to paint you a picture about what I fell in love with. That confidence, that will to be the difference maker, that shot. THAT. SHOT. :eek2::hyper::vhappy:

When on draft day Laine became a Jet, I was ecstatic. I went to the Jets board to tell them that they had just gained a new Jets fan. In the same message I also warned them that I would walk out immediately when they'd trade Laine like they did to Teemu - and accompanied that with a sarcasm emoji. Turns out that it was exactly what they ended up doing. And so, while I loved watching Laine in that Jets jersey (it looks awesome; despite the time difference I watched 50+ Jets games live - pulled an all-nighter or woke up at 3AM just to catch the game) to become one of the most feared goal-scorers in the league AND I also understood why (given the current cap situation and such) they ended up trading him, I knew that I just couldn't support a front office that makes mistakes like this. It is one thing to refuse to give 1st line minutes to the guy who's been #7 in goal-scoring since his first game in the NHL. Another thing is to trade him AND Roslovic (who IMO never got such a fair shot in WPG either) AND retain salary in exchange for a 2C. :banghead: :cry::cry: (I'm not selling PLD short here; in many teams he would be the 1C. But in Winnipeg he won't; that spot is reserved to Scheifele. No matter what he is capable of, if you play the guy in 2C spot, that's what you paid for.) So, I said farewell to the Jets board and came here.

I'm not ready to call myself a Jackets fan yet. I'm still a bit in tears because I would have wanted Laine to stay in Winnipeg and I'm not ready to commit this quickly. You can consider me a hangaround for now; we'll see how I feel about it later. At this point I don't know that much about Jackets or Jackets fans, but I consider the following things as +'s:
-Jarmo is your GM and he is a f***king wizard (as this trade demonstrates; you should build him a statue)
-Korpisalo is a good goalie - not elite, but at least he is capable of being a trustworthy starter; hopefully he develops to something even better
-Mikko Koivu decided to sign with you. I lost quite a lot of respect for him when the news about his ugly divorce and extramarital affairs broke out, but not all of it.
-In your barn you have a cannon that is fired each time the Jackets score? That's cool. I hope it gets properly serviced and strengthened before Laine gets out of quarantine.
-One of your posters has an avatar that portrays a bunny with a pancake on its head. I like bunnies. And pancakes. I once had a bunny whose nickname was Pancakes. Awesome pet - lionhead lop, 4lbs, cute as a button, tried to fornicate with anything that moved including our cat and also some objects. Even after we got him neutered.

Can't wait to watch Laine in action again. :popcorn: I encourage everyone to go to Youtube and check out the highlights from his last game as a Jet. Compare that to PLD's last games as a Jacket and you see why I view you as the clear winners of this trade, no matter what the fancy stats guys in Twitter say.

Good comment on getting the cannon serviced. Ha!

Welcome, from the pancakes bunny guy.

Reactions: Viqsi and Forepar

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio

Welcome ...to the bipolar CBJ Boards.
You will find almost all here are passionate about the Jackets and/or hockey generally. Don’t get offended if it seems a little testy in here - desperate for at least getting to CBJ’s first conference final (at a minimum).

Last edited:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio

You are right about Jarmo.. he is still a well kept secret but I love the way he talks & his main Scout Ville Siren. Jarmo doesn't get the credit he deserves for his influence on the St Louis Blues roster.
Korpi is a great goalie.. Elvis too.

We name you Blue DaJackal - you are a natural fit here. In all seriousness welcome to our board. We need more fans & your opinion is always welcome. I watched a lot of Jets games.. was a Buff fan due to growing up a Blackhawks fan. Had to set those views a side when Columbus got a team, but then we went east, now we are back in the Central. Covid sux

Last edited:

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I've been a fan of CBJ gritty game and Jarmo several years, enjoying the transition for sure

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I've never done this before so I figured I'd just throw it out there.

(Real) Name: Greg
Age you act: No idea how to answer this but I’ve been told I eat old man candy.
Birthplace: Columbus
Where you live: Worthington
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I’m on the larger side
Nationality: Welsh/German
Mode of Transportation: Nissan Rogue. I would have an 87 SUX CBJ plate but the state denied my request
Job: IT support
College Attended/Attending: Morehead State University
How you became a Jackets' fan: Started watching hockey in high school on ESPN and became a Devils fan during Martin Brodeur’s rookie year. Instantaneously jumped on the CBJ wagon once we were granted a team.
Favorite Jackets Player: All Time: David Vyborny Currently: ???
Favorite NON Jackets Player: All Time: Martin Brodeur Currently: Zdeno Chara
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): My Korpisalo game worn Military Appreciation jersey and my game used David Vyborny stick
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Too many but I don’t wear many of them anymore. Gretzky Oilers, Brodeur ’92 Christmas tree, Ryan Miller Sabres, Bob Flyers, Derek McKenzie Panthers, Tugnutt and Klesla OG jerseys, Foligno and Patrick Elias 2015 All Star jerseys, I could go on…
Video Game Systems Owned: PS4
Favorite Game(s): Fifa but general any EA Sports games
Music/Bands You Like: Phish, Grateful Dead, Rush, Galactic, any old school jazz like Thelonious Monk, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock
Favorite Movie(s): Pulp Fiction
Favorite TV Show: The Walking Dead, The Goldbergs, The Office, Parks and Rec, Seinfeld, Original CSI, the X Files
Favorite Food: Lots of things I should be eating but generally pizza or wings
Libation of choice: one of the 200+ bottles of whiskey I own.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Not sure. I follow a lot of drum and hockey things. The most unique thing I follow right now is probably my nephew who is one of the best high school pitchers in the country.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
(Real) Name: Eetu
Age you act: At home 40. Watching hockey 13
Birthplace: Pori, Finland
Where you live: Oulu, Finland
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Bearded company
Nationality: 99% finnish 1% polar bear
Mode of Transportation: Opel Astra sportstourer
Job: Special buildee
College Attended/Attending: ?

How you became a Jackets' fan: Everyone else cheered for penguins and red wings etc.. so i liked the Jackets cause they literally suck at the beginning.​

You were a Finnish Blue Jacket fan before it was cool. Props to you.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I've never done this before so I figured I'd just throw it out there.

(Real) Name: Greg
Age you act: No idea how to answer this but I’ve been told I eat old man candy.
Birthplace: Columbus
Where you live: Worthington
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I’m on the larger side
Nationality: Welsh/German
Mode of Transportation: Nissan Rogue. I would have an 87 SUX CBJ plate but the state denied my request
Job: IT support
College Attended/Attending: Morehead State University
How you became a Jackets' fan: Started watching hockey in high school on ESPN and became a Devils fan during Martin Brodeur’s rookie year. Instantaneously jumped on the CBJ wagon once we were granted a team.
Favorite Jackets Player: All Time: David Vyborny Currently: ???
Favorite NON Jackets Player: All Time: Martin Brodeur Currently: Zdeno Chara
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): My Korpisalo game worn Military Appreciation jersey and my game used David Vyborny stick
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Too many but I don’t wear many of them anymore. Gretzky Oilers, Brodeur ’92 Christmas tree, Ryan Miller Sabres, Bob Flyers, Derek McKenzie Panthers, Tugnutt and Klesla OG jerseys, Foligno and Patrick Elias 2015 All Star jerseys, I could go on…
Video Game Systems Owned: PS4
Favorite Game(s): Fifa but general any EA Sports games
Music/Bands You Like: Phish, Grateful Dead, Rush, Galactic, any old school jazz like Thelonious Monk, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock
Favorite Movie(s): Pulp Fiction
Favorite TV Show: The Walking Dead, The Goldbergs, The Office, Parks and Rec, Seinfeld, Original CSI, the X Files
Favorite Food: Lots of things I should be eating but generally pizza or wings
Libation of choice: one of the 200+ bottles of whiskey I own.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Not sure. I follow a lot of drum and hockey things. The most unique thing I follow right now is probably my nephew who is one of the best high school pitchers in the country.
Ironic how family members have become the most interesting/unusual people many of us follow these days. I think the Pandemic may have influenced that - only one good thing I think of about the Pandemic. And jealous of your 200+ whiskey collection. My 25 is a good start, but not even a drop in the bucket compared to yours. Cheers to a stiff nightcap tonight for both of us.

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad