Getting to know Blashill's system

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
They missed the every man below the goal line in the defensive coverage article.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Good stuff. It would be cool if they someday make an A/B comparison from Babcock's to Blashill's system. I know they mentioned stuff in Babs system, but mostly focused on Blash. Which was freaking cool!

It makes sense why the team started off struggling. Blash's system seems more complex whereas Babcock is K.I.S.S, be in position and work hard.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
One of most common offensive plays lately has been wide criss-cross passing at neutral zone.

LD from D-zone gives puck for the player on right board at neutral zone and winger on the left boards goes straight forward and acclerates on full speed. Then puck is passed back to left for that winger. Always almost a breakaway from left side for Helm or Larkin -level speed guys. For other guys, not a breakaway, but at least 99% sure zone entry.

Dekeyser --> Ericsson who shoots a boom one-timer is also nice add-on. Kronwall never passed for Ericsson, only took a shot by himself. This DD-Ericsson has already produced some goals. out other pairs wonöt use this play, because they are with L-R handnesses. Ericsson is the only guy on off-side of his handness. But he has a good shot to use.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Yeah, I've noticed DD-E using that one timer a lot more. Ericsson has always had a booming shot, it just takes forever for him to wind up.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Yeah, I've noticed DD-E using that one timer a lot more. Ericsson has always had a booming shot, it just takes forever for him to wind up.

Agreed.

It's like Ericsson finally figured out how to get it off quicker. He's shortened his windup and doing a good job getting it on net lately.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I hate how it always seems to be Kronwall shooting from the point and not Green. Green has the superior shot.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I hate how it always seems to be Kronwall shooting from the point and not Green. Green has the superior shot.

I'm too busy salivating at a Wings defenceman confidently handling the puck under pressure at the blue line to notice how he's not shooting as much as his partner.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I don't care if its Kronwall, Green or any other defenceman shooting just get the shot on the net.

There was a frustrating moment in last nights game right off a faceoff where Green was cocked and ready for a one-timer when a teammate dove and knocked the puck away before he could unleash the shot.

Seems like guys still need some time to get used to their new teammates.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I don't care if its Kronwall, Green or any other defenceman shooting just get the shot on the net.

There was a frustrating moment in last nights game right off a faceoff where Green was cocked and ready for a one-timer when a teammate dove and knocked the puck away before he could unleash the shot.

Seems like guys still need some time to get used to their new teammates.

That's the point of my post. So many of Kronwall's point shots are blocked and never get through to the goalie. Green has a better shot and he's better at it than Kronwall is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad