Getting Tickets

ukstar

Sep 20, 2011
Oldham, England
Hi guys.

I am a British hockey fan currently living in Halifax, NS. I am moving to Calgary next week and i was wondering how difficult it is to get tickets to Flames games. I am actually a Dallas Stars fan but i love hockey and would really enjoy going to watch the Flames if i could. I have never seen any NHL games live before, as i have only been in Canada since August. I know that in some markets like Toronto it is almost impossible to get tickets but i haven't heard much about Calgary. I know it will be a little different than usual this season what with the lock out ending and all but i just wanted to know what it is usually like buying single game tickets and how/where i could get them from. I realize that the Hitmen would probably be an easier option but i would really like to get to the Saddledome to see some games.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
First bowl seats(front row actually) from uofc for $15. Love it

There isn't really a bad seat at the dome. Fun times and heroin beers :cheers:

ukstar

Sep 20, 2011
Oldham, England
First bowl seats(front row actually) from uofc for $15. Love it

There isn't really a bad seat at the dome. Fun times and heroin beers :cheers:

What is uofc? As a stingy british guy i don't like paying 11 bucks for a beer. Still havn't done it at any Mooseheads games yet and i've been here all season!

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
What is uofc? As a stingy british guy i don't like paying 11 bucks for a beer. Still havn't done it at any Mooseheads games yet and i've been here all season!

U of C is the University of Calgary hes talking about Hitmen tickets for $15... Not the Flames haha. Depending on where you sit obviously price will go up this season might be a little easier getting tickets since most fans are jumping ship haha.

ukstar

Sep 20, 2011
Oldham, England
Thanks for the clarification. It says that tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10 am so i'l just have to wait and see if i can get a couple. I presume i can buy them through the website?

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
You can always buy tickets at the door from scalpers as well, they usually will cost close to face value (above or below depending on the game/ your haggling skills).

btw a "scalper" is our term for guys who buy tickets and resell them outside the venue... Because sometimes they jack the price way up and "scalp" you... At least I think thats where it comes from? Anyways it would be a good way to get tickets to Stars-Flames, though I doubt those will sell out real fast.

ukstar

Sep 20, 2011
Oldham, England
You can always buy tickets at the door from scalpers as well, they usually will cost close to face value (above or below depending on the game/ your haggling skills).

btw a "scalper" is our term for guys who buy tickets and resell them outside the venue... Because sometimes they jack the price way up and "scalp" you... At least I think thats where it comes from? Anyways it would be a good way to get tickets to Stars-Flames, though I doubt those will sell out real fast.

Yeh that will be one advantage getting tickets i suppose, no one want's to watch Dallas. Especially in Canada. We call them touts. Usually i wouldn't use them because in Britain there is a good chance you are going to get 'scalped' and then find out the tickets are fake. But it doesn't seem to be that way here. Are they mostly genuine?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Yeh that will be one advantage getting tickets i suppose, no one want's to watch Dallas. Especially in Canada. We call them touts. Usually i wouldn't use them because in Britain there is a good chance you are going to get 'scalped' and then find out the tickets are fake. But it doesn't seem to be that way here. Are they mostly genuine?

For the very most part, yes.

There is always exceptions though. Price wise anything in the lower bowl is upwards of about $150. As you get higher they get cheaper. Nose Bleeds (the ****** seats way in the top) are roughly $25 I believe.

Thumper17

Jun 27, 2011
Theres the sportchek section. Why hasnt that been mentioned? Just go to a sportchek and ask about tickets usually 20-25 bucks.

Hitmen tickets are sold at Max or 7/11 stores too, right?

ukstar

Sep 20, 2011
Oldham, England
For the Stars game i might pay a little more but i was going to try and get tickets for the Oilers game too, for which i might get the cheapest ticket i can. Can i purchase and pick up at the box office or do i have to have the tickets delivered? I have never used ticketmaster in Canada before

ukstar

Sep 20, 2011
Oldham, England
Thanks for the help and advice guys, got tickets for the Oilers game on the 26th and the Stars game on Feb 13th. It will be a little odd wearing my Stars jersey to that second game, i'm used to segregated seating back home

mizunox

Dec 4, 2008
Thanks for the help and advice guys, got tickets for the Oilers game on the 26th and the Stars game on Feb 13th. It will be a little odd wearing my Stars jersey to that second game, i'm used to segregated seating back home

People will be nice as long as you are respectful of that fact that you're in their house.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->