Getting Canadiens tickets

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
It's been five years since I ordered Habs tickets so I am really rusty on going about it.

The last time I ordered was in the fall of 2018 and ended up paying $500.00 for what was a ticket just below the concourse openings in the lower bowl.

In the past, like close to a decade ago, I would order tickets on the Saturday that individual game tickets opened up- does that still exist?

If not what is the best way to go about getting tickets?

I am looking at taking a week off in early April and there are 4 games that I am looking at getting tickets for and would like to get them ordered as quickly and as easily as possible so any info is greatly appreciated.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Stubhub is good too especially for last minute. I used to go to flames and canucks games for $15 because the closer to game time the lower the ticket prices. Sellers become desperate

Reactions: DavePeak and Rapala

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Stubhub is good too especially for last minute. I used to go to flames and canucks games for $15 because the closer to game time the lower the ticket prices. Sellers become desperate
But I've found that stub hub tickets are way higher now. I used to do that trick and went to a bunch of games for 20-30$ a seat. The last year and a half it doesn't work anymore. I think it's since StubHub was sold?

Reactions: zeeto

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Watch places like Stubhub..........they can charge US dollars guys.

Doesn't seem like you can buy directly from the Bell Centre anymore? Used to be a certain date, they would put you in que and then you would get a chance at tickets from there.

I stopped going in 2017 when Bergevin started to literally destroy the team.....used to go every year on Superbowl Weekend.............2 afternoon games. Great times, when they had a good team.....went 16 years in a row, minus the full lockout year.
Thx for nothing MB.....still unclear if I will ever give Mol$on any of my money ever again....

Reactions: the and zeeto

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
But I've found that stub hub tickets are way higher now. I used to do that trick and went to a bunch of games for 20-30$ a seat. The last year and a half it doesn't work anymore. I think it's since StubHub was sold?
I think you’re right yeah. God forbid people catch breaks in ticket prices

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If you can, try to arrange tickets for earlier in the season.

If the season is going to go as we expect, April games are going to be a drag with the team out of it, and the roster watered down relative to opening night.

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009

If the season is going to go as we expect, April games are going to be a drag with the team out of it, and the roster watered down relative to opening night.
Yeah that is true but if it comes to that then that will mean seeing rookies I didn't expect to see like Roy, Kidney, Struble etc.

I'm going all in with this trip seeing 4 games with the last one against the Laughs.

Hopefully the weather will be decent and I can walk through Old Montreal, get out to Olympic Stadium- I have only seen it coming in by air from Halifax as the flight plan usually goes down the island.

Hopefully one of the games will be really good and one that I'll remember 20 years from now.

Yeah that is true but if it comes to that then that will mean seeing rookies I didn't expect to see like Roy, Kidney, Struble etc.

I'm going all in with this trip seeing 4 games with the last one against the Laughs.

Hopefully the weather will be decent and I can walk through Old Montreal, get out to Olympic Stadium- I have only seen it coming in by air from Halifax as the flight plan usually goes down the island.

Hopefully one of the games will be really good and one that I'll remember 20 years from now.

Reactions: JianYang

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There will continue to be awesome deals online for every game this season. People who don't go to the Bell Center often should realize just how many give-aways are happening during the rebuild. One just had to note how many families with one or two kids were seen at just about every game. This is not something most families can usually afford. The only games with tight sales would be Leafs games Bruins games and maybe Hawks games this season because of the Bedard effect. No way would I buy April tickets beforehand.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Gillette/Boivin/Gainey had built a team to do constant sellouts for years............Bergevin and Mol$on killed that, in just a few seasons...................Sad to see what has happened.
Hopefully HuGo can being us back....

Reactions: the

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I was a season ticket holder until last year when I decided to give them up (number of reasons, but main one was they wanted me to renew cery early at a 20% increase when the season was shit and there aas no direction).

I sold most of the tickets. I made the most profits off tickets sold before the season started, or early in the year.

Come November, it was very hard to make above face value. I had decent tickets in the Whites, face value was about $65 each. Thursday nights was a race to bottom among resellers and usually the time I'd choose to go. It was common for tickets to be in the $25 range last minute so not really worth a near $90 loss for me.

Ticketmaster is the official reseller and where most season ticket holders list for sale. Habs make it much easier to use them vs Stubhub.

Worth noting that Ticketmaster takes a 15% cut from the seller and charges a 15% hike to the buyer. So if I sold for $25/ticket I'd get $21 and you'd pay $29.

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
Bumping this - finally got around to buying tickets and managed to get Desjardins seats behind the Toronto net for the 1st and 3rd periods on April 6th and got sixth row FF seats just to the corner of the Tampa Bay net for the April 4th game, which is great because it mimics my Mooseheads seat almost 100% as far as viewpoint goes.

I was trying to complete the four game ticket buying spree for the March 30th and April 2nd games but suddenly Ticketmaster showing nothing - can you only buy 2 games in a day or are they just legit out of tickets for now?

Oh and do the Desjardins seats still have free food just so I can plan ahead?

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
It's been five years since I ordered Habs tickets so I am really rusty on going about it.

The last time I ordered was in the fall of 2018 and ended up paying $500.00 for what was a ticket just below the concourse openings in the lower bowl.

In the past, like close to a decade ago, I would order tickets on the Saturday that individual game tickets opened up- does that still exist?

If not what is the best way to go about getting tickets?

I am looking at taking a week off in early April and there are 4 games that I am looking at getting tickets for and would like to get them ordered as quickly and as easily as possible so any info is greatly appreciated.
My wife and I got tickets via stubhub for last November's game against the Flyers.

I think we paid about $350 each and had great seats just inside the blue line about 14 rows up.

Quiho

Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I still have my season tickets … sheesh i know, sentimental i guess. But most holders tend to resale under the retail price.

There are a couple of efficient facebook groups with decent reputation system for resellers. Modt of them being season ticks holder that try to make a few sales to lower the hit but mostly under the retail price so making a win-win buyer/seller.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
I hope you will have fun Thebeastoftheeast!

I used Stubhub around lunch time on Monday to get my last-minute ticket for the game against the Devils, $46 CAD no extra fees for a decent last-minute seat in the lower reds (section 120, row H). Ticketmaster prices were way, way higher, even the certified reseller tickets.

For fun, I checked Wednesday morning for the game against the Sens and there was a first row seat (Platinum, row AA) that was sold for $100! Pre-season and split squads so of course not comparable with the prices we can see for the upcoming season opener AKA the Bedardshow!

Next time, I might get a ticket in the Club Desjardins section, haven't tried that experience yet.

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
Sorry for bumping this thread yet again!!!

One of my fave places to visit in Montreal was the Bar-B-Barn on Guy but alas it didn't survive Covid - can anyone provide a good alternative for ribs and chicken?

Looking forward to these three games coming up... it's been five long years since I've seen a game at the Bell Center!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00