Proposal: Getting a number 1 center.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Calgary would do this based on
- change the team dynamic and culture
- Tkachuk is not a leader. Eichel would take the reigns if captain and Mr bean could gtfo.
- Monahan can score goals but he is heavily reliant on his wingers to drive the play.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Seems like an overpayment for Eichel. If this were to go through, Calgary loses about 130 points and gains about 90-100 in Eichel? That’s taking a step backward. If anything, Buffalo would be looking for Monahan + Andersson, but I know Andersson is held in high regard in Calgary so probably a no from them.
Factor this in. P/60... SM & MT (eat up X # of TOI & produce) = pts/60 vs. JE's p/60.

I think the value is there for BUF, but they may want more of a futures based deal. CGY should offer MT + (2) 1sts + ? They can always trade Monahan/Gaudreau/Lindholm if they need cap & recoup another asset. Personally I'd offer Gaudreau + picks + prospect. Eichel-Tkachuk, Monahan-Lindholm L1/L2 is pretty solid.

All things considered (age/salary/cap etc.), is the difference b/w JE & SM really MT? or diff. b/w JE & MT really SM? Either way, No. A lower end 1C is still a 1C/(great 2C). Just my opinion.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Factor this in. P/60... SM & MT (eat up X # of TOI & produce) = pts/60 vs. JE's p/60.

I think the value is there for BUF, but they may want more of a futures based deal. CGY should offer MT + (2) 1sts + ? They can always trade Monahan/Gaudreau/Lindholm if they need cap & recoup another asset. Personally I'd offer Gaudreau + picks + prospect. Eichel-Tkachuk, Monahan-Lindholm L1/L2 is pretty solid.
Buffalo will decline. Why do we need Gaudreau for Eichel? It is not suitable because of age and term. From Calgary it's only Tkachuk+.

Reactions: go4hockey

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
not necessarily. Having good centers and elite wingers is working for Vegas.

Calgary just needs to create a more balanced offense across 4 lines and a respectable defense. Calgary needs to be able to get some help in the bottom 6 for scoring because there isnt a lot right now. Allowing Bennett and Ryan's contracts to go and then building a solid top to bottom team will go a long way.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Fair enough. I'm a neutral Red Wings fan, so no skin in the game. BUF should push for Tkachuk+Rasmus+Dube? then, if they want the young upcoming player deal.
I don't think they will add Andersson with deal. Tkachuk + Pelletier/Zary + Dube + 1st maybe.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I don't think they will add Andersson with deal. Tkachuk + Pelletier/Zary + Dube + 1st maybe.

if they were going to trade Eichel it woukd take something like

Tkachuk + Pelletier/Zary+ Anderson +

The sabres did something like this before in Turgeon + forLafontaine+ A 7 player deal iirc

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
if they were going to trade Eichel it woukd take something like

Tkachuk + Pelletier/Zary+ Anderson +

The sabres did something like this before in Turgeon + forLafontaine+ A 7 player deal iirc
Yeap that would be solid, more Rasmus in the team.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Seems like an overpayment for Eichel. If this were to go through, Calgary loses about 130 points and gains about 90-100 in Eichel? That’s taking a step backward. If anything, Buffalo would be looking for Monahan + Andersson, but I know Andersson is held in high regard in Calgary so probably a no from them.
That’s not how math works, they have other players to move up. That’s why you always take the best player.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
That’s not how math works, they have other players to move up. That’s why you always take the best player.
If the cost of the best player is two thirds of your top 6, you don’t take the best player. Getting Eichel and then filling in the top 6 with third liners doesn’t make your team better.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
If the cost of the best player is two thirds of your top 6, you don’t take the best player. Getting Eichel and then filling in the top 6 with third liners doesn’t make your team better.
You never know, lots of guys always step up. Look at Rolovic getting off the shitty checking line.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Simple proposal for two struggling teams. Calgary will never be a serious contender without a number 1 center. Discuss?

Sean Monahan and Matt Tkachuk
For
Jack Eichel
Actually a pretty decent offer, you love to see it I’m not sure what buffalos needs are but this is definitely an intriguing trade

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
BUFF: Monahan, Tkachuk, Andersson, Zary + 1st

CAL: Eichel + whatever to balance the salaries

Buffalo gets a ton of young assets and Calgary gets a legit center for Gaudreau.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
BUFF: Monahan, Tkachuk, Andersson, Zary + 1st

CAL: Eichel + whatever to balance the salaries

Buffalo gets a ton of young assets and Calgary gets a legit center for Gaudreau.

So a 1C/high end 2C, a top line LW, a top pair RHD dman,a top prospect and a 1st for a higher end 1C ? Thats way out of the ballpark, that destroys Calgary's roster and makes them the worst team in the league

Reactions: go4hockey

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
:flames Jack Eichel and Tage Thompson
:sabres Sean Monahan, Matt Tkachuk and a 1st round pick 2021

This is somewhat reasonable like the OP, but is TT really worth adding a 1st? Id rather stick with the OP cause i have no idea what Thompson has been doing since he left the Blues

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
100% done from the flames perspective but honestly I’d feel awful for Buffalo fans if Adams took this deal. No way Monahan and Tkachuk are gonna step into bigger roles and start killing it if they are put on a worse team w way less support. Recipe for disaster

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Idk.
Johnny Eichel Dube
Mang Backlund Lindholm
That’s a really really fun top-6

Reactions: TFHockey

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If I am Calgary, I wouldn’t do it. That is a huge offer.

Is JE on Matthew’s level or a tier below. He clearly isn’t carrying his team, al la McDavid. Doesn’t have the depth that Matthew’s has. I don’t know.

And his team hasn’t won anything more the the draft lottery. They don’t seem to be improving.

I guess this is you taking a shot at the Oilers when this thread has nothing to do with them . Draisaitl the raining Hart winner doesn't do a thing ? Try watching the Oilers . Last week won 2 games with out a point from McDavid or Draisaitl . Puljujarvi has been great this year . Some nights he been better then Mcdavid

Reactions: TFHockey

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
You never know, lots of guys always step up. Look at Rolovic getting off the shitty checking line.
Perhaps. But the production of the top 6 may still suffer. Not saying it’s impossible for Calgary to win that trade but I don’t think it’s worth the gamble of giving up two quality players.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Done from the oilers perspective

Not sure why post like this are allowed . It contributes nothing to the thread and only cause a pissing match . Just like another poster going on about McDavid . This thread is base on a trade between the Flames and Buffalo and it's a fair trade . With this trade Buffalo has more depth and would score more goals . Calgary gets a super star to build around .

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Idk.
Johnny Eichel Dube
Mang Backlund Lindholm
That’s a really really fun top-6
Are there any quality players left for the bottom 6? Rookies that can step into the lineup and make an impact on the third line? If not, adding Eichel won’t make the Flames better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad