Get Your Replacement Players Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Sorry, I stole this idea from another thread. Just for the sake of argument, who are the top potential replacement players? Obviously there would be legal battles over who could and couldn't play, whether foreigners are allowed, who would cross a picket line, etc. But for the sake of argument, stick to players who fit these criteria:

- Canadian or American
- Not currently signed to an NHL contract and not a member of the NHLPA
- Hasn't played in the NHL in the last 2 seasons
- For AHL players, those who are not signed to a two-way contract or on a reserve list of an NHL team
- Has not been drafted in the last 2 years
- Not named Sidney Crosby

My pick is Patrick Lebeau.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
Kevin Kerr
Lonny Bohonos

My drean team is:

Line #1: Lonny Bohonos ,Kevin Kerr, Sidney Crosby (lol)
Line #2: Pierre Dagenais, Rob Ray, Juraj Kolnik
Line #3: Steve Maltais, Jeremy Roenick (with wine), Stephane Lebeau
Spare: Thomas, Madden

Def: Mike Comodore, Pothier, Ference, Christian Dubé, (???)

Goalie: Healy, er I mean Esche, uh I mean Hirsh...

Mario Lemieux as coach

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Stacy Roest

He last played in the NHL during the 2002-2003 season. Not under contract by any team. But i dont know is if he is still a part of the NHLPA. I couldn't find his name on their web site though.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
gc2005 said:
Sorry, I stole this idea from another thread. Just for the sake of argument, who are the top potential replacement players? Obviously there would be legal battles over who could and couldn't play, whether foreigners are allowed, who would cross a picket line, etc. But for the sake of argument, stick to players who fit these criteria:

- Canadian or American
- Not currently signed to an NHL contract and not a member of the NHLPA
- Hasn't played in the NHL in the last 2 seasons
- For AHL players, those who are not signed to a two-way contract or on a reserve list of an NHL team
- Has not been drafted in the last 2 years
- Not named Sidney Crosby

My pick is Patrick Lebeau.
nobody - its gonna stink

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
mr gib said:
nobody - its gonna stink

This from a guy who believes in the WHA, with its promise of seniors on ice, purple pucks and fantastic poodles during the intermission. When the NHL returns, it will be with NHLPA members; the WHA, on the other hand, is not going any further than the fantasy world it exists in now...

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Bring Back Bucky said:
This from a guy who believes in the WHA, with its promise of seniors on ice, purple pucks and fantastic poodles during the intermission. When the NHL returns, it will be with NHLPA members; the WHA, on the other hand, is not going any further than the fantasy world it exists in now...
well it will be interesting to see if the nhl opens with replacements - how many nhlpa will play in the wha and for how long -with the spite the pa has for bettman they may stampede to the wha - and what of crosby who has already said he won't be a replacement player - what if deep pockets want him in the wha and pay big bux - hmmm - ps - replacement nhl is gonna reek -

SPARTAKUS*

mr gib said:
well it will be interesting to see if the nhl opens with replacements - how many nhlpa will play in the wha and for how long -with the spite the pa has for bettman they may stampede to the wha - and what of crosby who has already said he won't be a replacement player - what if deep pockets want him in the wha and pay big bux - hmmm - ps - replacement nhl is gonna reek -
Hmmm - ps - the wha is gonna reek

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
why dont you recruit me, i played second line on my high school team and ive been sitting on a coach in my college dorm drinking beer for the last year since then...basically it will be this level of talent if they bring in replacements...thanks Gary, and good luck

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
mr gib said:

What will be more interesting is to see the reaction anyone who believes that the NHL doesn't really have the players by their cajones when they realize there will be no replacement NHL. Sometime next season, play will resume with real live players. Sidney, like any bright Nova Scotian boy, proved last summer that he doesn't believe in fairy tale wealthy owners in imaginary hockey leagues. I can write him a cheque for 3,000,000 right now, but I don't think the youngster would be dumb enough to try and cash it...

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Bring Back Bucky said:
What will be more interesting is to see the reaction anyone who believes that the NHL doesn't really have the players by their cajones when they realize there will be no replacement NHL. Sometime next season, play will resume with real live players. Sidney, like any bright Nova Scotian boy, proved last summer that he doesn't believe in fairy tale wealthy owners in imaginary hockey leagues. I can write him a cheque for 3,000,000 right now, but I don't think the youngster would be dumb enough to try and cash it...
did you see the list on nhlers playing in the wha tourney?

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
Adam Graves, Kris Kontos, Brett Lindros, Dmitri Mironov, Garry Leeman, Peter Zezel, M Rheaume, Dave Manson, Craig Simpson, Brian Bellows, Dave Gagner. Seriously I would only consdier Gravy and Manson, even that is Ify.:help:

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
oiler4ever said:
Adam Graves, Kris Kontos, Brett Lindros, Dmitri Mironov, Garry Leeman, Peter Zezel, M Rheaume, Dave Manson, Craig Simpson, Brian Bellows, Dave Gagner. Seriously I would only consdier Gravy and Manson, even that is Ify.:help:
there's a list on the canucks thread

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I wonder if replacement stats will count as NHL stats and records.. Most goals in a period, most points in a game etc ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad