Post-Game Talk (GBU): Get your points! Get your red hot points right here!

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Just finished watching the 2nd period of the delayed broadcast. I ain't staying up for this **** hockey.....

Didn't see much good.... maybe Pysyk, Ott throwing his body around, Stafford made a couple of save-a-goal defensive plays...

Lots of bad and ugly.... missed opportunities to score.... Ennis was terrible..... as was Vanek..... give away city. Also Pardy..... Now I see why you were the throw in player in the Ott/Roy deal... Gerbe... more ice time ain't helping...

Ugly: Who made up these lines anyways? We have less talent these days so let's spread it out more......:shakehead

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Just finished the game. Since nothing about the outcome surprises me, I will try to keep this as positive as possible:

- Myers was great. Yes I said it. Great. Physical, simple, active, and a quantifiable asset to the team tonight.

- Pysyk is a ****ing keeper. Dude skates silky smooth, has hands, vision, awareness, puck poise, good positioning, and my god... That stick.... Perfect. He is so good with that stick on the defensive. I will proudly be headmanning the campaign of Pysyk love fest man crush naish. My new Soupy. Pretty damn valuable in four or five years.

- Miller was

- Vanek hasn't played a good game in his last sixteen outings.

- loved the Ott flip of Kane

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Neither good enough for a playoff spot or bad enough for a top 3 pick.

iphone-Buffalo-Bills-Logo.jpg

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Just finished the game. Since nothing about the outcome surprises me, I will try to keep this as positive as possible:

- Myers was great. Yes I said it. Great. Physical, simple, active, and a quantifiable asset to the team tonight.

- Pysyk is a ****ing keeper. Dude skates silky smooth, has hands, vision, awareness, puck poise, good positioning, and my god... That stick.... Perfect. He is so good with that stick on the defensive. I will proudly be headmanning the campaign of Pysyk love fest man crush naish. My new Soupy. Pretty damn valuable in four or five years.

- Miller was

- Vanek hasn't played a good game in his last sixteen outings.

- loved the Ott flip of Kane

Agreed. If Myers continues playing this way, they're set at RD for a while.

Sabres were very 1996-ish. Long on effort and physical play, short on offense.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I said in the GDT that game would reveal a lot about whether they were good enough to challenge for the playoffs, or they were just pretenders getting fat in games with little or no pressure, and it was certainly the latter. Back to rooting for losses so that we can get a better draft pick.

TragicallySabres

Sep 23, 2011
South Buffalo
G
- Pysyk. He's been so solid since coming into the lineup. Makes smart, simple plays. The rest of the team should be taking notes.
- Stafford made some nice defensive plays.
- The goal by Ladd. Gotta give him that one.
- Overall team physicality. Ott absolutely destroyed Enstrom.
- The crowd at the game. WPG isn't that much better off than we are. FNC should definitely step their game up. Come on, fans!
- We blew another shot at winning 4 straight. To the lottery!

B
- Vanek. I'd put this under ugly if it wasn't clear he's not 100%.
- Gerbe's ice time. It's just not working.

U
- Vanek getting hot, falling off the face of the Earth, and getting injured. Every. Single. Season.
- Officiating. Both side, League wide. All year.
- Haven't seen a good fight in a while. Come on, Big John!

RattleYourSabre

Jan 12, 2013
I DVR'ed it. I watched the first period... Then halfway through the second I was bored to death and knew it was going to be the same ol', same ol'.

Vanek looks like a guy who wants out. To be fair, that could be injury related so I'll reserve total judgment on that. Just didn't look interested.

zero39

Dec 15, 2005
It seemed like Gerbe got a ton of ice. I haven't looked yet, but it seemed excessive.

Any ice time he gets would be excessive. There is no more damning indictment of Darcy Regier's team-building skills than the fact that this franchise is now so devoid of talent that Nathan Gerbe, who belongs in the AHL, plays on the first line.

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Any ice time he gets would be excessive. There is no more damning indictment of Darcy Regier's team-building skills than the fact that this franchise is now so devoid of talent that Nathan Gerbe, who belongs in the AHL, plays on the first line.

Agreed, he is just useless.

His patented "throw the puck at the goalie from 50 feet away with nobody there and watch the other team pick it up and break-out the other way" is just hilarious.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Agreed, he is just useless.

His patented "throw the puck at the goalie from 50 feet away with nobody there and watch the other team pick it up and break-out the other way" is just hilarious.

Since he got crushed last year, he's become a 100% perimeter player. He used to go to the dirty areas more.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Lmao @ Gerbe on the first line...where o where did things go wrong ?:laugh:

It's not the promotion that's problematic. It's that we actually won some games in the process. To repeat, we suck at sucking, too.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
BTW, according to the current winning% standings, we're drafting 8th, not 6th. That could change, of course, but we're 8th right now.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Lmao @ Gerbe on the first line...where o where did things go wrong ?:laugh:

The Sabre's have one mini too many.

I'm not sure Ennis should even stay. Enough with these guys who get tossed around like ragdolls. Reminds me of Tim Kennedy.

Speaking of Kennedy, given the current situation, where do you think HE would've been in the lineup if he hadn't used that Jackie-the-jokeman negotiation strategy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad