Get to Know Your Fellow Canes Fans - PART II

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Name: Stefani
Sex: Female
Where You're From: Native North Carolinian, but I’ve lived and visited many places.
Where You Live Now: Durm, NC
Nationality: American
Hair Color: Brown with LOTS of grey
Eye Color: Washed out grey
Mode of Transportation: Mojito Jeep Wrangler code named Great Gazoo
Job: Medical Technologist
What brought you to HF Boards: I like seeing what out-of-market fans, and even our own fans, have to say about the Hurricanes. I also learn a lot about trades, caps, matchups, players, etc.
How you became a hockey fan: I blame my husband
How you became a Canes fan: I knew them back when they harpooned Whales for a living
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Bonding with my husband; Having a pro team near me; Having a pro team in a market still considered small
Favorite Cane's Player(s): I like a good defensive game, so I’m all about the D-men
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s):
Other Sports You Like: Curling, Cricket, American Football
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Wolfpack, Mountaineers, Marshall, Penn State, Carolina Panthers, any hockey team that plays the Rangers
College Attended/Attending: NCSU, NSU, EMTC, ECPI
Video Game Systems Owned: All of them from Atari 2600 up to Xbox S
Favorite Game(s): My Tron arcade game, Fallout, Pokemon Go
Music You Listen To: Easier to list the ones I don’t listen to: Gospel, Country, Hip Hop/Rap (unless it’s from the early 80s)
Favorite Movie(s): Fantasy like Beastmaster, Princess Bride, Krull, Neverending Story; Sci-Fi like Star Wars/Trek, WarGames, The Black Hole, Mad Max; Comic Book Movies like Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Suicide Squad, Flash Gordon
Favorite Book(s): Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, Atlas Shrugged, 1984 to name a few
Favorite Food(s): Thai, Middle Eastern, but I’m also good with burgers and BBQ
Favorite TV Show(s): Classic Doctor Who, Classic Star Trek, Supernatural, Monty Python, Wednesday, The Witcher, The Prisoner, Night Court, The Boys, Wheel of Time. I like fantasy and sci-fi
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Many Canes jerseys and a couple from leagues I played on in Minnesota, Virginia and here
Anything Else: I’m a lurker on forums. I don’t feel like I have enough knowledge or familiarity to comment without sounding like a country bumpkin. So I’ll be on, but like Big Brother, I’ll just be watching.

"I don’t feel like I have enough knowledge or familiarity to comment without sounding like a country bumpkin. So I’ll be on, but like Big Brother, I’ll just be watching."

Ha! That doesn't stop many of the rest of us! Welcome aboard!

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Name: Stefani
Sex: Female
Where You're From: Native North Carolinian, but I’ve lived and visited many places.
Where You Live Now: Durm, NC
Nationality: American
Hair Color: Brown with LOTS of grey
Eye Color: Washed out grey
Mode of Transportation: Mojito Jeep Wrangler code named Great Gazoo
Job: Medical Technologist
What brought you to HF Boards: I like seeing what out-of-market fans, and even our own fans, have to say about the Hurricanes. I also learn a lot about trades, caps, matchups, players, etc.
How you became a hockey fan: I blame my husband
How you became a Canes fan: I knew them back when they harpooned Whales for a living
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Bonding with my husband; Having a pro team near me; Having a pro team in a market still considered small
Favorite Cane's Player(s): I like a good defensive game, so I’m all about the D-men
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s):
Other Sports You Like: Curling, Cricket, American Football
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Wolfpack, Mountaineers, Marshall, Penn State, Carolina Panthers, any hockey team that plays the Rangers
College Attended/Attending: NCSU, NSU, EMTC, ECPI
Video Game Systems Owned: All of them from Atari 2600 up to Xbox S
Favorite Game(s): My Tron arcade game, Fallout, Pokemon Go
Music You Listen To: Easier to list the ones I don’t listen to: Gospel, Country, Hip Hop/Rap (unless it’s from the early 80s)
Favorite Movie(s): Fantasy like Beastmaster, Princess Bride, Krull, Neverending Story; Sci-Fi like Star Wars/Trek, WarGames, The Black Hole, Mad Max; Comic Book Movies like Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Suicide Squad, Flash Gordon
Favorite Book(s): Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, Atlas Shrugged, 1984 to name a few
Favorite Food(s): Thai, Middle Eastern, but I’m also good with burgers and BBQ
Favorite TV Show(s): Classic Doctor Who, Classic Star Trek, Supernatural, Monty Python, Wednesday, The Witcher, The Prisoner, Night Court, The Boys, Wheel of Time. I like fantasy and sci-fi
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Many Canes jerseys and a couple from leagues I played on in Minnesota, Virginia and here
Anything Else: I’m a lurker on forums. I don’t feel like I have enough knowledge or familiarity to comment without sounding like a country bumpkin. So I’ll be on, but like Big Brother, I’ll just be watching.
HELLO AND WELCOME.
I’D RECOMMEND READING WITCHER. IT’S A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE.

Sincerely, Central European.

Don’t worry looking like a bumpkin. We talk about lot of non-hockey stuff. Even mid-game.

Which Trek series is YOUR FAVORITE.

StrmSurge

Skol!
Mar 19, 2019
Salem, SC
What's up fam , ya miss me? I didn't want to clutter up the forum with a new thread, I try to hang here during playoff time?

Anybody may be interested in making me a playoffs AVi? Wanna rock the hurricane warning alt logo with Seth JarvICE ! 💯

I usually hang on the main board game threads, to haunt the opponents fans 😆

Attachments

• 252fac0c840875d61d3cefec07dd3037.jpg
    252fac0c840875d61d3cefec07dd3037.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Name: Alex
Sex:Yes
Where You're From: Dunedin, NZ
Where You Live Now: Palmerston North, NZ (do not ask me, if I don't know)
Nationality:New Zealander
Hair Color:I don't know. hair coloured
Eye Color:Blue
Mode of Transportation:I got feet. two of them.
Job: Senior Contact Center Advisor/Internal Compliance
What brought you to HF Boards: I'm guessing hockey, though if I knew about the Simpsons Thread sooner.
How you became a hockey fan:NHL 2001
How you became a Canes fan:You fine folks, popped in for a GDT one day... then old Don calling you Jerks and the team just running with it, really sealed the deal
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: You fine folks
Favorite Cane's Player(s):Aho
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s):Wild Bill
Other Sports You Like:Lacrosse
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For:VGK, Vegas Desert Dogs, whoever is playing the Raiders
College Attended/Attending:Nah
Video Game Systems Owned:PC, PS5, Switch
Favorite Game(s):RDR2, American Truck Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator
Music You Listen To: Almost anything so long as it's good, Lots of instrumental music, the full 1812 Overture is the greatest piece of music ever written.
Favorite Movie(s):Haven't got a clue, T2 judgement day, Twister, Night of the Twisters, Dantes Peak, Pay it Forward, Hot Fuzz, Godfather 1 & 2 would all be up there.
Favorite Book(s):Harry Potter series, John Marsdens Tomorrow Series and the Ellie Chronicles, and Clive Cusslers Dirk Pitt books
Favorite Food(s):Pizza. also more pizza, wings and more wings. Mexican food and in general anything hot enough to burn at both ends
Favorite TV Show(s): Jericho
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:None, I do have the VGK gold and grey jerseys waiting to be washed, and a road white on the way.
Anything Else: Horses are terrible people.

8TrackCaniac

Mar 20, 2024
HELLO AND WELCOME.
I’D RECOMMEND READING WITCHER. IT’S A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE.

Sincerely, Central European.

Don’t worry looking like a bumpkin. We talk about lot of non-hockey stuff. Even mid-game.

Which Trek series is YOUR FAVORITE.
I'm an Originalist, so Classic Trek for me. There are bits and pieces from all the iterations I enjoyed, but Next Generation became too soap opera-y for me at the end. Deep Space 9 had a frontier town aesthetic to me that I liked, but the stories were more about the characters, not really the science. Voyager felt like Trek was trying to recapture the classic years, and Enterprise wasn't given much of a chance in my opinion. There were characters in that show I was starting to get attached to. Discovery I never watched. I think it is only on streaming? Ditto for Strange New Worlds, which is a shame because I think they were again trying to reboot the franchise. I was onboard for adventures with the pre-Kirk Enterprise until it was put on Paramount+ only.
Wow. Sorry for being so wordy. I guess I was more passionate about it than even I realised.
PS I will look into getting the Witcher book/s. I need new reading material.

Hangman005, I owned ALL the Dirk Pitt novels! LOVED them so much. Unfortunately, I just can't get into his kids...

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I'm an Originalist, so Classic Trek for me. There are bits and pieces from all the iterations I enjoyed, but Next Generation became too soap opera-y for me at the end. Deep Space 9 had a frontier town aesthetic to me that I liked, but the stories were more about the characters, not really the science. Voyager felt like Trek was trying to recapture the classic years, and Enterprise wasn't given much of a chance in my opinion. There were characters in that show I was starting to get attached to. Discovery I never watched. I think it is only on streaming? Ditto for Strange New Worlds, which is a shame because I think they were again trying to reboot the franchise. I was onboard for adventures with the pre-Kirk Enterprise until it was put on Paramount+ only.
Wow. Sorry for being so wordy. I guess I was more passionate about it than even I realised.
PS I will look into getting the Witcher book/s. I need new reading material.

Hangman005, I owned ALL the Dirk Pitt novels! LOVED them so much. Unfortunately, I just can't get into his kids...
MY FAVORITE IS DS9, BECAUSE IT SHOWS THE MOST THAT TO LIVE IN PARADISE YOU MUST FIGHT TO PRESERVE IT. OG IS OG THOUGH.

"On Earth, there is no poverty, no crime, no war. You look out the window of Starfleet Headquarters and you see paradise. Well, it's easy to be a saint in paradise, but the Maquis do not live in paradise. Out there in the Demilitarized Zone, all the problems haven't been solved yet. Out there, there are no saints — just people. Angry, scared, determined people who are going to do whatever it takes to survive, whether it meets with Federation approval or not!"

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Name: Grant
Sex: Dude
Where You're From: Texas, but I've lived all over
Where You Live Now: Las Vegas
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: weird question
Mode of Transportation: I own a car, but sometimes I pay money to ride in airplanes. And sometimes I just walk.
Job: US Air Force
What brought you to HF Boards: met a Capitals fan on deployment years ago and he always talked about things he'd seen on these forums
How you became a hockey fan: When the North Stars moved to Dallas in '93
How you became a Canes fan: Dunno if y'all have heard, but the Coyotes just moved to Utah, so I'm newly hockey divorced :( Only been to one game in the Carter-Finley Parking Lot, but Goldsboro and Fayetteville are tolerable, Bojangles rules and forum=26 is absolutely full of psychos, so I'll see how it goes.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: So far? Bojangles and forum=26.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Now? Martinook and Noesen. All time? Gleason and Brind'amour.
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Clayton Keller is a beauty, even if I kinda hate him now :(
Other Sports You Like: Soccer, fight sports
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Las Vegas Lights and some European soccer teams. U Michigan hockey.
College Attended/Attending: Online school. It's pretty easy, but our basketball team never makes the tournament :(
Video Game Systems Owned: I still have a Playstation 4
Favorite Game(s): Red Dead Redemption is amazing. But mostly I just live out my failed pro sports dreams on NHL/FIFA.
Music You Listen To: Rap and country.
Favorite Movie(s): Heist movies.
Favorite Book(s): The ones you buy in airports and read for 2 hours and they're interesting but kinda forgettable. Tim Marshall. Malcolm Gladwell. I read to learn, fiction sucks.
Favorite Food(s): Any kind of bread wrapped around meat and stuff. Steak sandwich. Burger. Burrito. Gyro.
Favorite TV Show(s): Arrested Development. The Sopranos. Burn Notice. I haven't watched TV in a while.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: PHX (Yandle, Doan, Ekman-Larsson, Boyd, Moss, Hanzal), DAL (Lehtinen, Morrow), ATL (Hossa), DET (Shanahan), Columbia Inferno (R.I.P.), my old HS jerseys. No CAR jersey yet but I have a baseball cap from the Hibbett Sports in Fayetteville.
Anything Else: Whoever wrote these questions is a jerk. Especially the eye color one, wtf is that?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Name: Grant
Sex: Dude
Where You're From: Texas, but I've lived all over
Where You Live Now: Las Vegas
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: weird question
Mode of Transportation: I own a car, but sometimes I pay money to ride in airplanes. And sometimes I just walk.
Job: US Air Force
What brought you to HF Boards: met a Capitals fan on deployment years ago and he always talked about things he'd seen on these forums
How you became a hockey fan: When the North Stars moved to Dallas in '93
How you became a Canes fan: Dunno if y'all have heard, but the Coyotes just moved to Utah, so I'm newly hockey divorced :( Only been to one game in the Carter-Finley Parking Lot, but Goldsboro and Fayetteville are tolerable, Bojangles rules and forum=26 is absolutely full of psychos, so I'll see how it goes.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: So far? Bojangles and forum=26.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Now? Martinook and Noesen. All time? Gleason and Brind'amour.
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Clayton Keller is a beauty, even if I kinda hate him now :(
Other Sports You Like: Soccer, fight sports
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Las Vegas Lights and some European soccer teams. U Michigan hockey.
College Attended/Attending: Online school. It's pretty easy, but our basketball team never makes the tournament :(
Video Game Systems Owned: I still have a Playstation 4
Favorite Game(s): Red Dead Redemption is amazing. But mostly I just live out my failed pro sports dreams on NHL/FIFA.
Music You Listen To: Rap and country.
Favorite Movie(s): Heist movies.
Favorite Book(s): The ones you buy in airports and read for 2 hours and they're interesting but kinda forgettable. Tim Marshall. Malcolm Gladwell. I read to learn, fiction sucks.
Favorite Food(s): Any kind of bread wrapped around meat and stuff. Steak sandwich. Burger. Burrito. Gyro.
Favorite TV Show(s): Arrested Development. The Sopranos. Burn Notice. I haven't watched TV in a while.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: PHX (Yandle, Doan, Ekman-Larsson, Boyd, Moss, Hanzal), DAL (Lehtinen, Morrow), ATL (Hossa), DET (Shanahan), Columbia Inferno (R.I.P.), my old HS jerseys. No CAR jersey yet but I have a baseball cap from the Hibbett Sports in Fayetteville.
Anything Else: Whoever wrote these questions is a jerk. Especially the eye color one, wtf is that?
Welcome!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3